SAB PvP/WvW Reward Track is disappointing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mistress Elemental.3750

Mistress Elemental.3750

I was very excited to see you were adding reward tracks for SAB this year till I finally saw what we get from the whole track. The entire thing only gives is 256 Baubles (Only enough for 1 Bauble Bubble), 9 Continue Coins, general PvE loot, and at the end, a choice of a blue skin or 32 baubles.

While the blue skin is nice, if you have all of the skins, your alternative is 32 baubles? Something I can get by spending 3 minutes in SAB? That really makes no sense. Not a single Bauble Bubble from the whole track.

That just does not seem right. Even the end chest I would think would give us 35 Bauble Bubbles if you don’t choose a skin (because that is how much they cost if I got it from Moto). Aside from the PvE loot and the Blue Skin, I can get all of this from 1 20 minute run in a SAB lvl.

I just dont understand the reasoning behind this. While I dont expect any reply from Anet, I would like to see something done about it before we get too far into the SAB event. Thanks

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Even if it was a better reward why in the world would you be in wvw or pvp instead of SAB!?!?

These rewards tracks aren’t for the players already engaging in the events be it wintersday or halloween they are for players in other modes to be aware of the events and thus the primary purpose of these reward tracks is to increase participation.

Even the Blue Skin at the end is for this sole purpose because that will reduce the demnd on blue skins in the TP thus making them cheaper and easier to aquire. The people who use these skins are walking advertisments for the mode as well. That single bauble for completion can only be spent in one spot so pvp/wvw players will natural be pulled to Moto and more than likely enter the box to see what its about. From Reward Track, to Moto, to inside the box, and finally purchasing SAB items on the cash shop.

Your better off in SAB because its designed that way to make a cheap easily acquired item(blue tier) and to get new players into SAB.

Mistress Elemental.3750

While I mostly agree with what you say, PvP, WvW, and PvE content is not really one or the other designs. Even though some people do specifically play one game mode, many like me do a little of each. It would be nice if the time spent bringing up a reward track actually gets me rewards that match what I would get as if I did the actual event

Like dungeon tracks, those are great because you get many tokens, weapon skins, and at the end, a piece of the dungeon armor. That is a great reward for all of the work to fill the track. The SAB track just does not compare at all to that. All I ask is for a tweak a little on the rewards you get from the track to better match the general reward tracks.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

On a side note, I think it’s disappointing SAB reward track is autoset when you finish another track. Some of the XP goes to waste, since I’m not interested the slightest in that content.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

On a side note, I think it’s disappointing SAB reward track is autoset when you finish another track. Some of the XP goes to waste, since I’m not interested the slightest in that content.

That’s true of any reward track. It’s an unfortunate ‘feature’ of the system (one that many of us have asked ANet to change).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

That’s true of any reward track. It’s an unfortunate ‘feature’ of the system (one that many of us have asked ANet to change).

Yeah, I know for the auto “next reward track”. I didn’t mind that much because I’m using dungeons reward tracks to get some skins and insignas. As it was going back to “Flame Citadel”, which I haven’t done, I didn’t care because that XP would eventually be needed.

Here, in SAB, I just don’t care, so it’s really worse !

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Even if it was a better reward why in the world would you be in wvw or pvp instead of SAB!?!?

These rewards tracks aren’t for the players already engaging in the events be it wintersday or halloween they are for players in other modes to be aware of the events and thus the primary purpose of these reward tracks is to increase participation.

Some of us have Potions stored up from doing dailies; dabbling in PvP/WvW. It’s nice to use them up on seasonal/festival stuff. I got a nice set of Halloween weapons to give to a friend thanks to all the ToTy bags I got from the Mad King’s Reward Track.

I have the full set of Blue weapons from last year so I either choose 32 baubles or take what is effectively a trans-charge. Meanwhile I have a friend who might want a couple of skins but I have to hope for a rare drop from the boss chest or spend gold buying off the TP in order to pass it on.

It’s underwhelming to me but I can see why it’s the masterwork versions in the end box.

Even the Blue Skin at the end is for this sole purpose because that will reduce the demnd on blue skins in the TP thus making them cheaper and easier to aquire. The people who use these skins are walking advertisments for the mode as well. That single bauble for completion can only be spent in one spot so pvp/wvw players will natural be pulled to Moto and more than likely enter the box to see what its about. From Reward Track, to Moto, to inside the box, and finally purchasing SAB items on the cash shop.

Your better off in SAB because its designed that way to make a cheap easily acquired item(blue tier) and to get new players into SAB.

Which begs a question; what IS the point of the track? Chances are good only players interested in SAB would actually use it to bolster their burgeoning collection. To quote Mistress Elemental:

Like dungeon tracks, those are great because you get many tokens, weapon skins, and at the end, a piece of the dungeon armor. That is a great reward for all of the work to fill the track. The SAB track just does not compare at all to that. All I ask is for a tweak a little on the rewards you get from the track to better match the general reward tracks.

… SAB gives standard rewards from ‘real world’ Tyria, Shards of Glory, Continue Coins, Baubles plus the Weapon choice/bonus Baubles at the end. This year we have a guaranteed way to get Kaiser skins plus the new Crimson Assassin set; neither of which can be gotten by this reward track so it drags PvPers and WvWers out of their favourite mode to play PvE.

The Wintersday one gave presents and a Wintersday box at the end, the Mad King’s gave ToTy bags and a Halloween Pail. I’d be happy if it was just magnitude8 amount of baubles for each stage as that would still be thematic.

Mistress Elemental.3750

Glad I am not alone in my views. Now my only hope is that a Anet Dev has seen this and something gets changed with the track because as it is, its just not worth it unless you need a blue skin.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Which begs a question; what IS the point of the track? Chances are good only players interested in SAB would actually use it to bolster their burgeoning collection. To quote Mistress Elemental:

… SAB gives standard rewards from ‘real world’ Tyria, Shards of Glory, Continue Coins, Baubles plus the Weapon choice/bonus Baubles at the end. This year we have a guaranteed way to get Kaiser skins plus the new Crimson Assassin set; neither of which can be gotten by this reward track so it drags PvPers and WvWers out of their favourite mode to play PvE.

I can only see it as helping someone top off blue skins.

For example, I know a lot of people whose limit for SAB is about 6 hours. So they get whatever skins they can from that and go back to WvW or PvP.

It’s still the most lackluster reward track, especially for festivals.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Should have put the Boom Boxes, mini moto, mini Miya, and the plush moto backpack in as options. Maybe some furniture coins as an option too.

Posted by: telimo.7201

telimo.7201

Should have put the Boom Boxes, mini moto, mini Miya, and the plush moto backpack in as options. Maybe some furniture coins as an option too.

Thats right. A-Net just put boom boxes and minis as option and 32 bauble bubbles instead of 32 baubles and its fine

Mistress Elemental.3750

Sadly it looks like nothing will be done about this or at least there seems to be very little opinion on it. Sadface. I did expect as much so I guess unless hundreds of players complain about the same thing, nothing will be done about it. Guess this is just another voice in the crowd type of thing Thanks all for taking the time to read it.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Yea final 32 bauble bauble would be nice. This is just a no no for me.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I finished this track once, just to see what was in the box. Also severely disappointed. How do 32 baubles even compare to a skin that is 35 bauble bubbles if you want to get it the normal way?