SAB Trib not joinable after DC

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dofty.9814

Dofty.9814

I was 2 hours in Tribulation Mode with a guildie.

World 1
Zone 1

And I disconnected. I got the error message:

‘You cannot join or rejoin your party while they are inside Tribulation Mode.’

Funnyily enough I got a Network Error from GW2 (while my internet is not being shut down, a problem described earlier on these forums)

Can you please fix this bug? I have actively participated in the entire instance and one flat DC makes me not being able to join it back…

Thanks
Angry Chicken

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

It’s intended, to stop people selling tribulation mode like last year. Just a sad consequence.

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

You’d think that it would be easy enough to establish a party member’s contribution in a dungeon, and allow them to rejoin or receive rewards based upon that. If they’ve crossed zero checkpoints in SAB trib for instance, then no rewards are given. Instead people get boned like this.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s a deliberate design mechanic and has been since Trib mode was added a few years back.

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

You’d think that it would be easy enough to establish a party member’s contribution in a dungeon, and allow them to rejoin or receive rewards based upon that. If they’ve crossed zero checkpoints in SAB trib for instance, then no rewards are given. Instead people get boned like this.

Or like with PvP. If you DC and rejoin with the same character; you get warped back into the same match if it’s ongoing.

Dofty.9814

It’s a deliberate design mechanic and has been since Trib mode was added a few years back.

I don’t care much about the past. I do care about good scripting. If they wish to make selling impossible, then they could just make a ‘Checkpoint’ check…

IF Character X Participated in All Checkpoints upto the Current Checkpoint, than Character X is allowed to rejoin. No time limit, unless last Boss / Cage has been killed.

It’s not hard to do proper scripting, all I want is a bug fix. Because surely this is not intended.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I don’t care much about the past. I do care about good scripting. If they wish to make selling impossible, then they could just make a ‘Checkpoint’ check…

IF Character X Participated in All Checkpoints upto the Current Checkpoint, than Character X is allowed to rejoin. No time limit, unless last Boss / Cage has been killed.

It’s not hard to do proper scripting, all I want is a bug fix. Because surely this is not intended.

Yes it is intended, take 5 seconds before you start a tribulation run and read the cloud warning.

Dofty.9814

Yes it is intended, take 5 seconds before you start a tribulation run and read the cloud warning.

Fair enough. Than we just talk about bad scripting / bad ideas.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

It’s intended, to stop people selling tribulation mode like last year. Just a sad consequence.

This was in place last year when ppl were selling trib mode too.

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I agree tho. I think it sucks that you dc’d from 2 hours of jumping in trib and couldn’t rejoin with the game crashes i’ve been having (i had the game crash after first def of teq, not even a dc which could’ve been my net’s fault, a game crash and couldn’t rejoin the map i was in when i came back) i would be kittened if i jumped for 2 hours and suddenly the game crashed and it was like sorry you’re just assed out of those two hours you put in.