SAB guide for jumping challenged?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I cant really jump that well – I know therefore that SAB is probably not for me but I grew up with 8 bit games so want to experience it and also really want the backpack and possibly one weapon.

Any advice on how to go about this? ive got 10 continue coins because I actually saved the ones from 2 years ago, but I don’t want to be dying all the time – I think the gist is to get to checkpoints and smash things? should I just stay in world 1 zone 1?

Finding it really hard to find Idiot guides – ive heard ther are shops in there but no idea what im supposed to do with them…

Please help!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The Burninator

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

he got a video for every zone/world

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

Stick to W1 zones 1 and 2, there are no difficult jumps in those when doing basic completion. Run the zones through in infantile first, to get familiar with the flow of the zone. If you go beyond W1 then the bit about infantile does not apply (look for video guides), as in W2 infantile mode skips checkpoints, and with the new “shortcuts” in W2, there is now in effect two ways to go through them.

Video guides are the best if you want to go after baubles more than just a daily run for the 12 bubbles or so.

Rococo.8347

So I can just run world 1 zone 1+2 once a day and do you think that would be enough? I need 25 bauble bubbles for backpack and 35 for a GS – that’s a lot of bubbles

Also what is the shop about? Dulfy videos unfortunately seem to presume you understand the basics and just crack on with achievements..

Thanks

Crise.9401

So I can just run world 1 zone 1+2 once a day and do you think that would be enough? I need 25 bauble bubbles for backpack and 35 for a GS – that’s a lot of bubbles

Also what is the shop about? Dulfy videos unfortunately seem to presume you understand the basics and just crack on with achievements..

Thanks

Shop is for upgrades for your character inside the box… f..ex. you get a whip and some bombs pretty early, candle for light…. stuff like that. The optimal thing to do would be to go for the bauble capacity upgrades first, however they cost a lot of baubles. So unless you really want to get into it you should just keep hoarding them. Shovel might be worthwhile investment though.

The bottom line SAB shop primarily unlocks things on your skill bar and sells, for baubles, keys and health potions if you need them.

With just two zones from world one it might be tough to get enough bauble bubbles with just quick daily runs, you get two per zone completion per day, plus bonus for end of world bosses (I think). You can also convert 250 baubles into a bauble bubble, which is what you need for skins.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Rococo.8347

Thanks Crise

making more sense now, the shovel allows me to dig for more bubbles I guess? I can go back into world 1 zones 1+2 multiple times can I and collect bubbles but not baubles after the first time that day?

Crise.9401

Thanks Crise

making more sense now, the shovel allows me to dig for more bubbles I guess? I can go back into world 1 zones 1+2 multiple times can I and collect bubbles but not baubles after the first time that day?

What you can grind for are baubles, any bubbles you get are daily. I think the so called “dig spots” are also daily as well. You are quatanteed 2 bubbles and 1 continue coin for completing any zone once a day. Any regular baubles on top of that can be converted to bubbles at a rate of 250 baubles = 1 bubble.

So doing the quick math for two zones a day you’d need to do that for nine days for one blue skin.

(edited by Crise.9401)

Posted by: Artemid.3925

Artemid.3925

Once you get the route down, W1Z3 can be done relatively painlessly… you pretty much just avoid a lot of stuff. You could always try running through stuff in Infantile Mode to get used to things before going to Normal for the better rewards.

Rococo.8347

many thanks all I will try my luck tomorrow