Seven nearest waypoints, all contested!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jamasont.4653

jamasont.4653

I dont see a problem with it.

It’s design and if people arent willing to fight for it, people shouldnt be allowed to use those advanced outposts.

Where’s your logic? I swear, really how hard is it to think it through on your own? Orr a good zone that just doesnt work when no one wants to go there cause you can’t solo it. Though you probably need that spelled out for you too. Problem isn’t with difficulty ie don’t make it soloable, its that no one wants to go there=dead zone because it’s designed to be done with a large group of people. BUT the large group of people needed is doing fractals. If the endgame outdoor zone in the game is dead how long till that affects player retention?

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

the simple problem is that none of those smaller events give a reward worth the effort, theres nothing stopping you from ignoring it and carry on with what your rly want to do so thats what people do. then you have the BIG events at all the temples, the dragons give more loot then them, simple proof is jormag i always see 30-50 people showup for him, and bugger all showup for the temple events and to top it off the dragons require WAY less effort.

once ‘most’ people had their fill of checking out all the zones, it came down to the simple process of “what is the most rewarding and/or quickest way for me to get xyz” xyz being short for karma/gold and lesser extent xp. irony is this is total grinding ankittenep reading how Anet hates grinding but implements it all across their game…odd. now you have what is happening on nearly every server.. bad enough every temple is almost contested 24/7 but half the waypoints along the way in every zone.

so when Anet figures out how to encourage people to actually do all the different events and tweak the effort/reward ratio correctly for once, things will start to improve. I’m also gettin tired of seeing all the “champ” events clearly ignored. chances are they will never get the drops right for those heavy hitters, if its too rewarding everyone will do them until they nerf it, and if it’s not rewarding enough nobody will do them and you end up where we are now.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

Theres no incentive to go to Orr or anywhere else in the game aside from map completion or daily karma jug everything you need is in Fracture (misspelled on purpose because all the dungeon has done is fracture and segregate the player base). You’ll earn more gold per hour running the dungeon that you would running DE’s or farming t6 mats so all you’ll need to do is play the TP for more gold and your T6 mats.

The whole Lost Shore update and everything changed and manipulated since release such as DE farming , Loot DR, Bot policing has been a complete boondoggle all in the name of corporate greed.

except that plenty of us are leveling out there really calmly and Orr never had a lot of people in it, because it’s a painful zone…

Don’t know when you started playing but there use to be overflows in Cursed Shores and Malcores Leap on occasion and none of the Temples stayed contested if they weren’t bugged before all these “incentives” were introduced.

And I’ve already got 2 characters world map completions working on 3rd now that has Orr completed so Im backtracking the lower zones now and atleast on Jade Quarry which is a full server the lower zones are as desolate as Orr.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Theres no incentive to go to Orr or anywhere else in the game aside from map completion or daily karma jug everything you need is in Fracture (misspelled on purpose because all the dungeon has done is fracture and segregate the player base). You’ll earn more gold per hour running the dungeon that you would running DE’s or farming t6 mats so all you’ll need to do is play the TP for more gold and your T6 mats.

The whole Lost Shore update and everything changed and manipulated since release such as DE farming , Loot DR, Bot policing has been a complete boondoggle all in the name of corporate greed.

except that plenty of us are leveling out there really calmly and Orr never had a lot of people in it, because it’s a painful zone…

Don’t know when you started playing but there use to be overflows in Cursed Shores and Malcores Leap on occasion and none of the Temples stayed contested if they weren’t bugged before all these “incentives” were introduced.

I started playing late. Just over a month ago. However before the lost shores patch I actually was a noob that thought that level 70-75 and 75-80 zones both might be good for leveling, so I can confirm that they were definitely not populated then. I ran in and ran out and decided to use my boyfriend’s suggestion and go to 70 – 80 zone for leveling. It worked well, but after reaching level 80 we wanted to earn money for our exotics. One good way of earning money at the time before the reward nerf was to run events in the level 80 zone. It meant getting trough level 70-75 and 75-80 zones. Before the patch there was a bunch of people on the level 80 zone, but those? No. There were still none. So I have to assume that somewhere in those two months before I started playing most people ran trough there and decided not to come back.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

This is by design, though. If there aren’t players willing to fight to hold the land from the undead, the undead will reclaim it. It’s the dynamic in Dynamic Events.

You can always go and fight to uncontest the waypoint. You could even ask in /map for people to help out too. I’m sure there are people that want those waypoints to get uncontested too… maybe they just need a point person to rally around.

It is by design. I like the goals: getting people to fight together to win back the area. But, this only works if you have players in the area. They’ve drained players from the open world with FotM, but even without that you should never design without the reality-testing that would tell you there will be times with no players, regardless, and content needs to be considered from a solo perspective as well as a group perspective. There are many problems with Orr and I would vote that it gets the attention rather than the next event of the month. The events are a major contributor to the basics not getting handled.

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

how did you solo Lissa to get the skill point she sits on if you need to guard 3 places while doing damage to her?

You can get that skill point from outside. Just need to kill a couple mobs around it and hope the catas don’t hit you before the mobs respawn. I solo’d it once, did it duo the 2nd time…

Anyway…today I happened to be in Malchor’s Leap just as Lyssa got killed. First few seconds, everybody was rejoicing. And them smb said “great, 2 blues and 1 green”, then smb else said “lucky you, i got 1 white” and it just snowballed from there. Apparently the best drop from the event was a BL salvage kit for smb who just happened to finish the daily there. And then I realised why this is the 2nd time ever I see Lyssa killed.

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

If we could fight our way through, we would have done it already.
These posts are here because it’s scaled to the ‘not fun anymore’ point.
We play to have fun.
Nuff said.

The gaming Madre

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

I am sitting here now dead in Malchor’s Leap staring at the entire map I will have to cross because all of the waypoints are contested. No one is in the map to clear them. No one would bother to stop and clear them even if there were. I can put up with the huge aggro distance. I can abide the ridiculous respawn rate. I don’t even mind the hefty repair bills. But the waypoints need to be adjusted. It is way past ‘not fun anymore’.

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

Would be good if you could recruit the good guys to tag along to get a waypoint back under control, i know they need a buff to make them a little stronger to counter they risen but it would be good if they allowed players to start an event in one of the free way points to go free the hostile points, might see ppl then tag along to take back the risen controlled areas,. give the events slightly huger rewards then the events that are running smoothly

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I think the Cathedral of Eternal Radiance (Lyssa’s temple in Malchor’s Leap) is the prime example of the problems in Orr. A guildie and I were going for the skillpoint in the center altar today. Getting to the altar was easy enough, but the catapults make fighting the mobs along the paths rather annoying. Upon reaching the altar, we have to clear the steps up into it, which didn’t prove to be a problem for two of us (other than the catapults still raining down exploding fish). Now to the altar itself, which is guarded by at least 4 veteran risen, and a small army of normal mobs. Trying to pull them would put us back under a lot of catapult fire, and have the fight happening on the altar steps with other fast respawning mobs. Going onto the altar to fight will get aggro from all of the veterans at once, as they are close together (even pulling would probably get 2 of them, plus an army of normals). Neither of these options is likely to succeed with only two of us, so I decided for the stealth option since I was on my thief. Shadow Refuge worked for me, but my guildie took an unlucky double catapult hit at the top of the steps that launched her into the altar’s army of defenders, and near-instant death.

And the worst part of this whole thing. The Pact was in control of the temple at the time. The karma vendor and other NPCs were in the middle of the army of veteran risen at the altar. I didn’t have the waypoint at the time, and didn’t get it till later when the temple had reset, but I’m fairly sure it was uncontested. The Pact supposedly had control, and no defend events were active, so the waypoint should have been usable. Using the waypoint, however, would most likey result in spawning with a horde of rising having a party on your face.

When the temple is contested, it’s even more of the deathtrap, and the skillpoint is inside the altar’s shield which requires holding 3 other points to disable. Although, I believe it is possible to commune with the SP from outside the shield. Whether it’s contested or not, you’ll need any army of your own to clear the altar area or a way to stealth yourself long enough to get the skillpoint.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

This is by design, though. If there aren’t players willing to fight to hold the land from the undead, the undead will reclaim it. It’s the dynamic in Dynamic Events.

That design was based on the broader design that Orr would be endgame, though; not the new design that Fractals is the only endgame and there is no reason for Orr ever to have the critical mass of players to be able to hold the land from the undead.