[SPOILERS] Guess what race is being added?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

I hope I’m not overthinking this or anything. This book gives HOPE.

Tengu x1 please!

Attachments:

Posted by: Schwarzseher.9873

Schwarzseher.9873

Dont think this is going to happen, probably we get a Tengu NPC who gives you 1 or 2 missions.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Actually I would say the book more or less does the opposite, since it basically says that the Tengu have decided to flee

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Yoroiookami.3485

Actually I would say the book more or less does the opposite, since it basically says that the Tengu have decided to flee

Might be. I have mixed feelings about this since it tells us that they survived (we might at least see their home) and that they don’t really want to fight dragons. Then again, it’s probably a really old book, and I don’t know much about the lore. Possibly their stance on things may change. c:<

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

Maybe. You could also get a “Ride of the Valkyries” type of impression from the “take flight,” quote. Here comes the air cavalry.

Yoroiookami.3485

Maybe. You could also get a “Ride of the Valkyries” type of impression from the “take flight,” quote. Here comes the air cavalry.

That’s also possible. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Wait, if I remember right it told the story on how they fled Cantha, build their Dominion of Wind against Zaithans hordes and are now sending out notes to all other Tengus that there is still hope and that they will fly again. Not flee.

They are bird-people. They want to spread their wings.

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Tengu has been the most likely candidate to be a new race since launch. They were never classified as a “lesser race” unlike the skritt, quaggan etc and they even have a homeland.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Wait, if I remember right it told the story on how they fled Cantha, build their Dominion of Wind against Zaithans hordes and are now sending out notes to all other Tengus that there is still hope and that they will fly again. Not flee.

Attachments:

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

Wait, they can fly!?
I still prefer Dwarf over Tengu… but I didn’t know they can fly…
This changes everything!

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Duke Blackrose.4981

Wait, they can fly!?
This changes everything!

There is no Dwarf race. Ogden is the only one known to still be alive, and all signs indicate that most of the others have been annihilated through their 250 year underground war with the Destroyers.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

-crosses ALL his fingers-

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Wait, they can fly!?
This changes everything!

There is no Dwarf race. Ogden is the only one known to still be alive, and all signs indicate that most of the others have been annihilated through their 250 year underground war with the Destroyers.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t any. There could be multiple clans of them just hanging out in a mountain somewhere avoiding all the chaos. It would really be as simple as Anet saying “look what decided to come out of the mountain!”.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

It would really be as simple as Anet saying “look what decided to come out of the mountain!”.

Now I have this mental image of dwarves made of gems riding down from the mountain upon unicorns.

""Merry"?"
“No, just happy.”

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Would love for dwarves to make a reappearance. Tengu is the most obvious choice for the next race though. LEAD US TO CANTHA

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Why do you think new race will be in GW2?
Better prepare for GW3.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

For the love of Snaff, please let this be right! I’ve wanted to play a Tengu ever since I saw them years ago in the first games. Arena Net, you sly dogs, make it happen!

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Yeah Tengu has been kinda the #1 candidate for a new race since over a year. We can see tengu npcs in quite a few places, so we can also see that their animations and postures are the same as charr’s – therefore, implementing them wouldn’t require a totally new animation design or armor redesign (since they could easily wear the same -though horribly stretched- armor models that charr have now). We can also see where their territory is on the map – we can see the outer wall too in Caledon forest and Kessex hills. If any new race is coming, i’d say it’s more that probable that it’s gonna be the Tengu.

And i’ll just leave these 2 pictures here, too

Attachments:

(edited by shinreigari.7318)

Yoroiookami.3485

Yeah Tengu has been kinda the #1 candidate for a new race since over a year. We can see tengu npcs in quite a few places, so we can also see that their animations and postures are the same as charr’s – therefore, implementing them wouldn’t require a totally new animation design or armor redesign (since they could easily wear the same -though horribly stretched- armor models that charr have now). We can also see where their territory is on the map – we can see the outer wall too in Caledon forest and Kessex hills. If any new race is coming, i’d say it’s more that probable that it’s gonna be the Tengu.

And i’ll just leave these 2 pictures here, too

I really want to be a rainbow parrot person…

Nau…

Posted by: ExtraCosmic.9082

ExtraCosmic.9082

You’re definitely overthinking it, I’m afraid. The book sounds to me like they’re simply recommending that the people of Tyria flee, and it’s not new information. People have been jumping on every hint of Tengu since launch, but this really doesn’t seem like anything more than a mention of them; simply acknowledging a race doesn’t mean they’re becoming playable.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t any. There could be multiple clans of them just hanging out in a mountain somewhere avoiding all the chaos. It would really be as simple as Anet saying “look what decided to come out of the mountain!”.

It does mean that, actually. The rite of the Great Dwarf transformed ALL of them, the entire race, whether they wanted it or not. There are no holdout clans.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

After playing through the awesomeness that was yesterdays’s update, I have faith that we will get Tengu someday. Not because of the book though, because many things that were in today’s update players have asked for time and time again. ANet does listen!

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Tengu or Dwarf ftw. Ogden is the only known Dwarf to be alive in his clan, but there can be many many more dwarves, just like theres humans all over

Posted by: tanf.8917

tanf.8917

Just wondering, what kind on professions will fit the Tengu? what i mean is, for example for char it’s war/thief/engi, norn is ranger/warrior, asuras are magical, etc, so what will fit the tengu? what professions do they lean towards to lore wise?

Yoroiookami.3485

Just wondering, what kind on professions will fit the Tengu? what i mean is, for example for char it’s war/thief/engi, norn is ranger/warrior, asuras are magical, etc, so what will fit the tengu? what professions do they lean towards to lore wise?

I guess hunting, so maybe ranger? I don’t know their lore, it’s just what I would think bird-people do.

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I guess hunting, so maybe ranger? I don’t know their lore, it’s just what I would think bird-people do.

You can pretty much explain all classes with all races. Tengu would fit pretty well with being rangers, they do look like birds of prey and they do seem to be close to nature. But a warrior/guardian setup is just as explainable – tengu culture is somewhat based off japan culture, so think of samurais. Thief – think of ninjas. The only class that doesn’t seem to fit any race perfectly is engineer imo, which is a bit alien from sylvaris or norns, at least in my mind, and it would be just as alien from tengus, but maybe it’s just me.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

‘Fly’ can mean ‘flee’. Considering their penchant for hiding from everything, I’d say it’s more likely they want to flee than fight.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Tengu was supposed to be a playable race in like Alpha/Beta, but then got scrapped. There even are concept art with highly customizable models.

Duke Blackrose.4981

You can pretty much explain all classes with all races. Tengu would fit pretty well with being rangers, they do look like birds of prey and they do seem to be close to nature. But a warrior/guardian setup is just as explainable – tengu culture is somewhat based off japan culture, so think of samurais. Thief – think of ninjas. The only class that doesn’t seem to fit any race perfectly is engineer imo, which is a bit alien from sylvaris or norns, at least in my mind, and it would be just as alien from tengus, but maybe it’s just me.

Engineer is indeed the only outlier, if only because of where it falls in the technological scale. Humans don’t appear particularly inclined towards technology in this world – though they have some. Asura far outstrip the technology of the engineer. Sylvari seem diametrically opposed to it. Norn are just too bloody stupid. The only ones that seem to be on the same technological scale are the Charr.

And then you have to wonder why this steam technology is even a thing in the first place, considering we have Asuran magitech that would clearly amplify all of the classes better.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Entering Tengu’s city is impossible, according to them.
It’s their Holy Ground where others than Tengu cannot enter and are not allowed to come even for visit. They could tho make them as a race which is actively met across the world, like Skritts.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Yoroiookami.3485

Entering Tengu’s city is impossible, according to them.
It’s their Holy Ground where others than Tengu cannot enter and are not allowed to come even for visit. They could tho make them as a race which is actively met across the world, like Skritts.

Well, friend, considering how dragons might soon destroy their “Holy Ground” I don’t think they will care if some other races wander by. What I mean to say is – nothing you can’t fix with a simple plot twist. =)

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

They owned anyone who came by their wall in LA for the Scarlet Invasion, Arrow Carts!

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Largos. Please.

Posted by: Cole Eyre.8471

Cole Eyre.8471

I would far prefer Hylek.

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Has everyone already forgotten how these kittens shot and killed anyone that neared their walls when they were only trying to flee from the destruction of LA? I haven’t. >.<

Isle of Janthir Megaserver