SS Pinkerton

SS Pinkerton

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: kayeferr.1745

kayeferr.1745

Q:

“Please help” I have been trying to do the SS Pinkerton event but it is hard to get a group of 50 folks for each run and the last few times there was like 3 people there and 10 of the RUNNERS spawned at the very start …… I mean Really there is no way to get the achievement that way…. Please help and I see complaints about this all the time in game so I am not the only one that is having this problem

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I think the problem is that the scale up range of the event is too large. Thus people waiting in the town above for other events or just afking or whatever else are helping to scale the event up but not actually helping.

So I think they need to scale down the “scale up” range or seriously lower the HP value of the mobs. Even in zerk gear it takes too many ppl needed to wipe just 1.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve done it 3 times solo or with like 1 guy coming along halfway to help. Maybe you’re just on the wrong map.

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve done it 3 times solo or with like 1 guy coming along halfway to help. Maybe you’re just on the wrong map.

Just takes a couple people AFKing at the wrong spot.

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Are you talking about simply beating the event which is simple to do or get that achieve done? All it takes is one supply to be stolen and game over – no achieve.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Are you talking about simply beating the event which is simple to do or get that achieve done? All it takes is one supply to be stolen and game over – no achieve.

When it’s actually scaled for 1-3 people (default), only 2 carriers spawn and they can be quickly killed. The problem is, the event’s range is huge and includes the entire nearby town. It’s becoming more of a problem where events are located near hotspots, such as vendors, hearts or waypoints. Hopefully it becomes even more of a problem, then they might actually rework contribution and scaling.

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: kayeferr.1745

kayeferr.1745

I am talking about getting the Achievement….and I know that if only one gets away than it is a fail for the that but it is so close to the town there that yes it is scaling it up every time….

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

When it’s actually scaled for 1-3 people (default), only 2 carriers spawn and they can be quickly killed. The problem is, the event’s range is huge and includes the entire nearby town. It’s becoming more of a problem where events are located near hotspots, such as vendors, hearts or waypoints. Hopefully it becomes even more of a problem, then they might actually rework contribution and scaling.

Event scaling in HoT has been broken since release. HoT has been out for over a year. What are the chances they will fix it when they have already moved on to working on the next expansion?

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Same problem here. I’ve seen 4-8 runners up when 2-3 of us were there trying. I can only assume people standing around the nearby town contribute to the scaling. I have yet to be able to complete the achievement.

SS Pinkerton

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

For the one successful run where I got the achieve, the person who organized it was keeping an eye on the day/night cycle and started advertising he was getting a group together for the achieve about 10 minutes before dawn as this event spawns during the day cycle. To check the day/night cycle see the wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Day_and_night or type /wiki et in chat to get the event timer which will show the cycle. Doing the first one at dawn might give a better chance at getting folk to come for the achieve since you can be pretty sure the wait won’t be long.

The organizer did get quite a few people who came and he then asked for three people to tag up and stand at three spots (bow of ship, stern and up on the hill) and had everyone else split up and go to those three locations. We did have a large spawn of carriers when the event started (probably from the size of the group) but we were able to take care of them as folk stayed in their areas to deal with the carriers as they came in. After the initial large spawn the carriers thinned out considerably and started to increase again near the end.

I think you do have to be very aware of the timer on this one – I think it may spawn every 15 minutes but it is hard to get folk to stand around and wait especially if you are not sure when the last one spawned or if the quaggan/white mantle invading the town are going on. So in my mind the first event at dawn is probably the best chance to get folk if you start about 10 minutes before to get people to the area.

The way this is structured, you would have to be extremely lucky to have nothing going on in the vicinity as well as few people in the area to be able to get this one with just a couple of people. It very much seems to have to be an organized event in order to get this achieve. The guy who organized the one I was in only had an mentor tag but it did do the trick at getting folk where they needed to be. He also organized two successful Moonlighting achieves just before that by organizing the same way in advance just as night fell.