[SUGGEST] Salvage Kits should stack.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

Is there any reason why Salvage Kits do not stack to 250?

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Mystic salvage kits are the reason, I think.

Posted by: SpyderArachnid.5619

SpyderArachnid.5619

Just make a Mystic Salvage Kit. Higher chance of stuff and it has 250 uses.

Better than having to constantly go back to the vendor with 25 uses kits. And to answer your question, they are not a material or collectible or anything like that. Thus why they don’t stack.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Lady Bethany Of Noh – Chronomancer – Lords of Noh [LoN]

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

They stack to be inconvenient so you’ll either craft mystic salvage kits, buy the silver and copper-o-matic gem store salvage kits, or go back to the merchant frequently to empty your inventory.

I don’t actually know why games try and force you to go back to town and empty your inventory occasionally, but it always seems to be what you gotta do.

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

They stack to be inconvenient so you’ll either craft mystic salvage kits, buy the silver and copper-o-matic gem store salvage kits, or go back to the merchant frequently to empty your inventory.

I don’t actually know why games try and force you to go back to town and empty your inventory occasionally, but it always seems to be what you gotta do.

Yea becouse we dont have any merchants at all out in the maps that we can sell stuff and buy salvage kits from its only main towns. ( I must be playing a dif game then you Mo Mo)
And no heart vendors at all to take the stuff we dont want some of them even have salvage kits for karma.

Edit
Oh and you can go to pvp lobby from anywere in the normal world to sell stuff and bank what you dont want to sell.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Every time the daily log-in reward is one of the Black Lion items, I get a salvage kit. I’m running out of room for the kitten things. Please, let me stack them.

SpyderArachnid.5619

Every time the daily log-in reward is one of the Black Lion items, I get a salvage kit. I’m running out of room for the kitten things. Please, let me stack them.

If you have so many that you are running out of room for them, they why keep getting them? You’re obviously not using them, as if you were, you wouldn’t be running out of room for them, so why not pick something else? Or actually start using them?

Linken.6345

That I would agree with since its a gemstore item why not be able to stack those.
And yes Im biased since I got a bank tab full of them.

Edit
Maybe its time to put in buy order for armor weapons with sigils/runes that are in high demand and salvage em for some profit.

Linken.6345

If you have so many that you are running out of room for them, they why keep getting them? You’re obviously not using them, as if you were, you wouldn’t be running out of room for them, so why not pick something else? Or actually start using them?

You cant chose your login reward its random mate.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wow someone complaining that he gets THE BEST possible black lion item from daily login reward

if you dont want to save it then make profit by buying exotics and selling the runes/sigils for MORE than the exotic itsself coss PLUS getting the dark matter and ectos…

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

SpyderArachnid.5619

Yeah I completely spaced that in my post, my mistake.

Still, instead of letting them pile up, start making use out of them. I mean, if you have that many might as well start churning out a profit by salvaging exotics for runes and mats and selling it for more than the actual exotic, like was said above.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Still, instead of letting them pile up, start making use out of them. I mean, if you have that many might as well start churning out a profit by salvaging exotics for runes and mats and selling it for more than the actual exotic, like was said above.

When I go through periods when I’m actively playing, they get used up. But I still end up with two or three left sitting there, which is fine. But when I’m on a more busy real-life period (like lately), I only really have time to log in.

Don’t get me wrong; I like knowing I have easy (sometimes too easy) access to the best salvage kits and appreciate having them when I do get to play. But I just would like to be able to stack them all on top of eachother. :p

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Yea becouse we dont have any merchants at all out in the maps that we can sell stuff and buy salvage kits from its only main towns. ( I must be playing a dif game then you Mo Mo)
And no heart vendors at all to take the stuff we dont want some of them even have salvage kits for karma.

Edit
Oh and you can go to pvp lobby from anywere in the normal world to sell stuff and bank what you dont want to sell.

Lol I know all those ways of selling your items. I always go to the PvP lobby but it’s a bit of a work around. If we weren’t using the PvP Lobby we’d have to travel to specific areas of the game or use gem store items to access the trading post.

Either way the game is set up so that you have to interrupt what you’re doing and travel somewhere else to deal with your loot every once in a while. You can’t just stay in the wild forever.

And my only point was that, I don’t know the exact reason, but pretty much every game like this makes you interrupt gameplay to go off somewhere and manage your inventory from time to time. I was just telling OP that it was the norm.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

The reason it doesn’t stack is that you buy one item with 25 charges. You don’t buy 25 seperate items, therefore, it doesn’t stack.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

Wow, I almost never get them. I have only one left and wanted more. If the exotic only worth around a gold you should be using you kit on it.

SHM.7628

+1 I’d like to stack them and gathering tools too. How about being to be able to put the gathering tools in the wallet too?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

And undermine gem-store sales of salvage-o-matics (and infinite gathering tools?)

No thanks.

Posted by: brently.7946

brently.7946

And undermine gem-store sales of salvage-o-matics (and infinite gathering tools?)

No thanks.

Infinite gathering tools were already undermined. Wintersday last year introduced the container that drops an ori grade gathering tool…. I literally still have stacks of those containers and I haven’t spent a copper on gathering tools since last wintersday. Oh and it has the bonus of gathering a snowflake which gem tools don’t. AND this works with alts, you don’t have to buy new gem tools for each toon.

Crimson Clouds.4853

No thanks.

Infinite gathering tools were already undermined. Wintersday last year introduced the container that drops an ori grade gathering tool…. I literally still have stacks of those containers and I haven’t spent a copper on gathering tools since last wintersday. Oh and it has the bonus of gathering a snowflake which gem tools don’t. AND this works with alts, you don’t have to buy new gem tools for each toon.

It’s not necessarily about cost, it’s about how much inventory space it takes up. Inventory space is far more valuable of a resource than gold is.

brently.7946

No thanks.

It’s not necessarily about cost, it’s about how much inventory space it takes up. Inventory space is far more valuable of a resource than gold is.

Oh, sorry, thought it was obvious. The container only takes up 1 spot, just like stacking would.

Crimson Clouds.4853

No thanks.

Oh, sorry, thought it was obvious. The container only takes up 1 spot, just like stacking would.

Except when you run out of sickles, you have to open a load until you’re lucky enough to get a sickle. And you throw a bunch away/have to take time deleting the excess, too.

brently.7946

No thanks.

Except when you run out of sickles, you have to open a load until you’re lucky enough to get a sickle. And you throw a bunch away/have to take time deleting the excess, too.

Which a) takes like 2 seconds and b) you just said the issue was inventory space.

Crimson Clouds.4853

No thanks.

Which a) takes like 2 seconds and b) you just said the issue was inventory space.

My points are these:
-Yes, frostbitten toolboxes do bear some slight convenience over standard tools, when it comes to inventory space.

-Frostbitten toolboxes are not as convenient as infinite gathering tools, as they do still require at least one inventory space and require deleting if you don’t get the tool you need. Infinite tools have the benefit that you can “forget about them” and your game-play is never interrupted by having to manage them.

-Just because there is an intermediate between standard and infinite does not mean that standard should be improved to the point of competing with infinite.

-From a business perspective, A-net want people to somewhat battle with inventory space, so that they are compelled to buy extra bag slots or the infinite convenience items. This means there is more revenue for A-net.

-So why would they allow you to bypass all of their money-making efforts with an in-game version, and also upset customers who bought them for this particular space-saving feature?

SHM.7628

No thanks.

1) Undermine how? If I want one of those I’d buy one (or more). Now I carry 3 of each tool and 4 salvage kits per toon, so I don’t run out when I am in the middle of something.

With the improvement, I’d carry a stack of each tool on the toon with one stack back up. Same with salvage kits. (one plus one back up)

2) Why are you defending gems store anyway? Are you an employee or getting a commission?

I might have been willing to pay a few bucks per account for a limitless set of gathering tools and salvage kits, but they would have been account bound and at a reasonable price. Say $10 -$15 per tool/ kit. but that isn’t how it went down

I digress though, this is about inventory space. I see no problem with stacking.

Linken.6345

No thanks.

1) Undermine how? If I want one of those I’d buy one (or more). Now I carry 3 of each tool and 4 salvage kits per toon, so I don’t run out when I am in the middle of something.

With the improvement, I’d carry a stack of each tool on the toon with one stack back up. Same with salvage kits. (one plus one back up)

2) Why are you defending gems store anyway? Are you an employee or getting a commission?

I might have been willing to pay a few bucks per account for a limitless set of gathering tools and salvage kits, but they would have been account bound and at a reasonable price. Say $10 -$15 per tool/ kit. but that isn’t how it went down

I digress though, this is about inventory space. I see no problem with stacking.

They are account bound so go ahead and buy you can even use ingame gold to get it bud, no need to spend and cash.

Why s/he defend gem store becouse its a good business model instead of paying 15 bucks a month to even get into game

(edited by Linken.6345)

Crimson Clouds.4853

No thanks.

1) I feel like I’ve already adequately explained this in previous posts
2) I’m putting across the point that they’re unlikely to add a feature that not only decreases their gem-store sales, but also kicks previously paying customers in the teeth. I paid for convenience and reducing inventory clutter, and wouldn’t have bought the item if I could’ve just stacked salvage-kits in the first place. You have to look at it from a business standpoint.

SHM.7628

No thanks.

They are account bound so go ahead and buy you can even use ingame gold to get it bud, no need to spend and cash.

Why s/he defend gem store becouse its a good business model instead of paying 15 bucks a month to even get into game

I disagree, its an awful business model. Its a free to play with an upfront cost and paid expansions. AND there’s free to play players too. This is the worst of both worlds.

Your argument about subs is nonsensical. there are lots of B2P that survive without a cash shop. (like GW1) Subs are going the way of the dinosaur anyway.

Again, this is about stacking tools anyway. Which doesn’t affect that anyway.

SHM.7628

No thanks.

2) I’m putting across the point that they’re unlikely to add a feature that not only decreases their gem-store sales, but also kicks previously paying customers in the teeth. I paid for convenience and reducing inventory clutter, and wouldn’t have bought the item if I could’ve just stacked salvage-kits in the first place. You have to look at it from a business standpoint.

It’s not a kick in the teeth. That is what they offered at the time. Things change in game. Get used to it. People are now playing the game you likely preordered, for free.

You shouldn’t be jealous anyway. Buyer be ware. You made the purchase freely. You have your item and it still works.

Linken.6345

No thanks.

It’s not a kick in the teeth. That is what they offered at the time. Things change in game. Get used to it. People are now playing the game you likely preordered, for free.

You shouldn’t be jealous anyway. Buyer be ware. You made the purchase freely. You have your item and it still works.

And its a really good offer if you dont want to have the hassle of running to a merchant when you happen to run out of kits or harvesting tools why should they implement something new just becouse you dont want to fork over the in game cash or real life cash for said convenience?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Tradition, i.e. probably because this is how most RPGs have handled limited-use items. Plus, technically, these aren’t set up as individual items; each kit (or gathering tool for that matter) has charges, which are diminished by each use.

So I’d rephrase the question as: why doesn’t ANet consider changing these from single-items-with-charges to stacks of single-use-items? Probably because at this point, it would be incredibly costly in terms of QA (if not actual coding) — there are so many different bits of the game that assume that these items are charged & non-stacking, it is a small nightmare to make sure that each is addressed.

tl;dr these items don’t stack because no one thought to make them like that in the first place and now, no one wants to deal with all the potential bugs of changing that.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

SHM.7628

Tradition, i.e. probably because this is how most RPGs have handled limited-use items. Plus, technically, these aren’t set up as individual items; each kit (or gathering tool for that matter) has charges, which are diminished by each use.

So I’d rephrase the question as: why doesn’t ANet consider changing these from single-items-with-charges to stacks of single-use-items? Probably because at this point, it would be incredibly costly in terms of QA (if not actual coding) — there are so many different bits of the game that assume that these items are charged & non-stacking, it is a small nightmare to make sure that each is addressed.

tl;dr these items don’t stack because no one thought to make them like that in the first place and now, no one wants to deal with all the potential bugs of changing that.

I think you’re greatly overestimating the difficulty in implementing the change and possible bugs.

SHM.7628

No thanks.

And its a really good offer if you dont want to have the hassle of running to a merchant when you happen to run out of kits or harvesting tools why should they implement something new just becouse you dont want to fork over the in game cash or real life cash for said convenience?

I’m paying for the kits with in game currency. I just want larger batches. Stacking is a great idea. Although, selling kits with more charges would work too. Same for gathering tools.