[SUGGESTION] "Followup event" indicator

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

The one thing that annoys me the most while playing with a newly created character is how players leave before the next event in a chain every-single-time the next event does not pop instantly, leaving you alone to face the next event. Specially when it’s a champion.

I’m yet to see a single instance of players waiting around while NPCs talk about the next thing they’ll do, or following NPCs that say they are going somewhere to do something.

You can tell them to stick around or follow, but they will still impatiently leave as soon as there’s no event indicator on the UI, completely ignoring NPC banter.

My suggestion is to add a “follow-up event” indicator between events, so people learn to stick around and follow NPC for the next step in a quest chain.

For example, by giving an NPC a star icon or some sort of “follow me” arrow that appears both above them and in the map between events.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I could go for something like this. Something that let’s me know ‘hey, there is another event in this chain.’ Short of looking them all up, I’m never sure nor do I necessarily remember. Considering some events are one offs, some are chains, and some are webs, I think this would be a nice addition.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Aileird.6510

Aileird.6510

Agree, I see no harm in listing out the whole chain. Maybe an list of the whole quest chain and it highlights which step you are on.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I know the feeling, Mithran. I think it’d be a nice addition to include some kind of indicator letting players know if a particular event will lead to another. Otherwise, many players simply bolt out of there the second they finish the event, leaving few others to tackle the follow-up quest (which is usually harder than the last) on their own.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Thank you I don’t know how many times this has happened to me for so far, but it has to be more than 30.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I explore a lot, as I leveled 15 characters to 80 just exploring. It must have happened to me way over 500 times.

I made a new character, and despite a lot more people being around making new characters still happens every time.

It was in n Wayfarer Foothills.

The event chain with the grawl and the flesh reaver, norn making a statue for the grawl, the chain of events with he dredge, Linnea and the Jackalope, the chained events with the kids that ends up in bears all over the place…

People just leave between events. It’s not only annoying for me, they are also missing out a lot of experience. More than once a guy that just was in the same event as me waypointed away and started asking for for events in map chat. When that happens I miss the /doh and /sigh emotes from GW1.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!