SUGGESTION: Please Remember!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

There are a number of little “quality of life” things that the game “forgets”. (For many people, some of these things are more than just “quality of life” issues). Here are six things that the game should always remember for us:

1) Achievement Watch List Preferences – I always want my Achievement “Watch List” to display TOTALS. I personally never have a use for displaying Tiers. Yet every time I log in I have to reset my choice because the game thinks sorting by Tiers is better for me. Call me crazy, but I think I know what’s better for me.

2) My Ranger’s Pet is Stowed for a Reason – I put my Ranger’s pet away when I don’t want him to get me into trouble. He should not come out when I take damage. He should only come out again when I un-stow him or when I attack. I admire his loyalty, but I would admire his obedience even more.

3) I Want to Display my Mini-Pet – Some mini-pets stay out when I take them out. Others disappear when I enter water, then reappear when I emerge. Still others disappear when I enter water and don’t come back! It’s bad enough that minis don’t keep up when I move. How can I show them off when they are 500 feet behind me? But do you know how frustrating it is when they disappear entirely just because you wade through a creek? Please fix it so all minis come back out when emerging from the water and when changing zones!

4) My Last Chat Channel – The game is always forgetting my last chat channel. If I was on “Party chat”, then I should still be on Party chat when I leave the game and come back. It doesn’t matter if I’m still partied up or not. The same goes for “Guild chat”. It doesn’t matter if I change my Guild representation status. Don’t change my chat channel to “Say”. Instead, display Guild [Current Guild Tag] …this would also be a nice, visible way for me to see who I’m currently representing without having to open the Guild menu. So please retain my last chat channel between sessions/characters.

5) My Dye Sorting Preference – I have a ton of dyes, and I use them a lot. Sorting by HUE is the easiest, most logical way to find the color I’m looking for. On rare occasions, I will even sort by MATERIAL if I am looking for something that will provide a lot of contrast for metallic pieces. But every time I log into the game, I have to reset my preference from “SET”. Seriously? Sort by “Set”? What the heck is that? How can calling a dye “common” or “uncommon” or “rare” possibly help me locate the one I want? Please don’t force your preferences upon me every time. These are supposed to be my preferences.

6) My Trading Post Search Parameters & Location – Since for some reason I still can’t refine my searches by armor weight (Light/Medium/Heavy), searches take forever as I wade through inapplicable results. Sometimes I need to leave the search screen (to convert gems to gold, or to pick up purchases, or whatever). When I come back, my search is lost. I need to put in my parameters again and wade through the list from the beginning to get back to where I left off. Unless I close the TP entirely, my search parameters and location should not be reset.

PLEASE REMEMBER these things!

You finally fixed the drop-down state so that the text in the upper right corner stays the way we want it (for the most part). Please fix these other issues so that the game remembers our preferences in them as well.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Hamfast.8719

Bumping… Is this thing on? (taps microphone)

I can’t believe nobody cares about any of these things. Keep Ranger pets stowed until we make an attack? Keep mini pets out, or at least make sure they come back when exiting water? Remember your TP searches?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone…?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

unplugs microphone

turns lights off

locks doors

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

5) My Dye Sorting Preference – I have a ton of dyes, and I use them a lot. Sorting by HUE is the easiest, most logical way to find the color I’m looking for. On rare occasions, I will even sort by MATERIAL if I am looking for something that will provide a lot of contrast for metallic pieces. But every time I log into the game, I have to reset my preference from “SET”. Seriously? Sort by “Set”? What the heck is that? How can calling a dye “common” or “uncommon” or “rare” possibly help me locate the one I want? Please don’t force your preferences upon me every time. These are supposed to be my preferences.

I believe you can select your dyes as “favourites” and sort by that.

Posted by: Black Dragon.3784

Black Dragon.3784

unplugs microphone

turns lights off

locks doors

Haha too funny

Hamfast.8719

Oh, sure… you want me to think that people don’t care about any of these things.

Next you’ll be telling me that the world we live in actually consists of ground that is really a translucent gray fog, and sky that is really a giant checkerboard box!

Attachments:

Hamfast.8719

I believe you can select your dyes as “favourites” and sort by that.

No…

Each character can right-click any dye to add/remove it from his personal favorites list at the top of the window. You only get 8 “favorites”, and they are not sorted with the others.

Check out the picture below. You can clearly see how much easier it is to find the right color dye when sorted by HUE. Using SET or MATERIAL is like a game of “Where’s Waldo?”

So please… let us decide how we want to sort! I don’t like needle-in-a-haystack games.

Attachments:

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I want templates back………. I don t understand why they didn t put it in the game

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Oh, sure… you want me to think that people don’t care about any of these things.

Next you’ll be telling me that the world we live in actually consists of ground that is really a translucent gray fog, and sky that is really a giant checkerboard box!

Its not that nobody cares but mostly everything you mentioned has already been brought up and discussed in other topics. Some of your suggestions should be in other subforums anyways (where topics on them already exist.).

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Foxgloved.3029

Foxgloved.3029

Agree w you, esp about stowing the blasted worthless pets – my final answer is to use a bird – they at least don’t stand w their butts in my face when I am trying to do a jp after they have mysteriously popped back out into my area. Sigh.

Yes, esp for totals – could not care less about tiers. Just give me the total please! I believe the tier system is set up for those that must have immediate gratification and a few points along the way – so if they don’t finish the entire monthly they at least get something.