Suggestion: Right-Click remove boon Option

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I would like to be able to Right-Click the icon for a Boon that is upon my character and elect to REMOVE it.

Why would anybody want to remove a boon?

My reason is for Speed Boosts primarily. Speed Boosts kill my jumping ability. Most of the time I move without a boost. If I get sped up, it messes with my “feel” for jumping distances. If somebody comes along while I’m doing a Jumping Puzzle and I get caught in their Speed Boost Area of Effect, I generally have to stop and wait until it dies out before I feel safe to continue jumping. Sometimes, this can be a pretty long wait.

This is showing up for me big time in the Zephyr Sanctum, where the Dolyak Race “rewards” us with a Speed Boost Boon of something like 10 minutes. And that place is ALL Jumping.

So please consider letting us cancel Boons that we don’t want active.

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

or just wait for it to expire? I mean, most speed buffs don’t last much longer than 25seconds, unless you’re in WVW

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

or just wait for it to expire? I mean, most speed buffs don’t last much longer than 25seconds, unless you’re in WVW

It can be much more troublesome (and a downright hassle and burden to our gameplay) with many other boons and transforms that are not as temporary as a short boost to speed (though the cited instance in the OP is mentioned as being 10 minutes, not 25sec).

One instance is in the Renown “quest” Rescue fallen Seraph in the Bloodfields where you must pick up a medical kit from the ground which places a large pack on your back to heal wounded seraph in the field. Unfortunately, this kit has a timer on it of like 10 minutes and you cannot select to remove it and must wait for the timer to expire before you can get this huge pack off of your back. Waypointing elsewhere, even to another zone, does not remove it, nor does logging out and back in again.

There are many other instances of boons/transforms where you cannot remove them and must wait around and do nothing or put up with them until their timers run out.

+1
I support Hamfast’s request for a “Right-click > Remove” option for all boons/transforms regardless of how they were acquired or of their remaining duration. If we do not want it, whatever our reason, we should not have to have it against our will.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

+1 to the right click boon-removing option.

Remember that you can get boons from other players. You can be with someone spamming some buffs, and having to wait 25 seconds may be a pain on timed jumps or in enemy-filled rooms.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Or just ask them to stop giving you swiftness? The only other reason that you would want to voluntarily remove boons is conveniently left out by the OP and others. What’s more effective against builds that turn your boons against you than the ability to remove your own boons preemptively?
The only way I see this happening is if it would only be possible while you are out of combat. Something hits you? Cant remove boons.

In all honesty though, I can only see swiftness being eligible for it. So what if someone manages to give you 2 minutes of retaliation or regen? Not like it’s going to hurt you in any way.

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Yeah, it can hurt actually, when retaliation breaks stealth and gives revealed.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Or just ask them to stop giving you swiftness? The only other reason that you would want to voluntarily remove boons is conveniently left out by the OP and others. What’s more effective against builds that turn your boons against you than the ability to remove your own boons preemptively?
The only way I see this happening is if it would only be possible while you are out of combat. Something hits you? Cant remove boons.

Eliminate the ability to do that in WvW and PvP. There solved. I don’t think there are any PvE enemies that can turn a player’s boons against the player.

As for someone not giving someone swiftness, they may not be giving them swiftness on purpose. Just giving it to themselves because that’s how THEY do that jumping puzzle and without it their feel of the puzzle is off.

I’m also one of those people who will wait until speed boosts are off to jump. Because that’s how I learned to do jumping puzzles. So I judge how far to jump based on not having a speed boost. Speed boost throws me off.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

Or just ask them to stop giving you swiftness?

Often it is not that simple. For example, in the Crucible of Eternity (explorable) there is a jumping series that I find very difficult with speed boosts. It is just after a fight with several golems. If I am playing on my guardian, aegis is a large help to quickly win the fight with few or no downed players. That means the “Retreat” skill as well as the virtue of courage. After the fight I often have a long boon timer.

So, should I wait 25s for swiftness to end, or more downed and possibly defeated players, losing their boost stacks and possibly a 30s longer fight because players were downed or defeated?

The other situation where I don’t want boons is fighting enemies that steal boons. Fighting the veteran rider who steal 12 stacks of might and protection? Ouch.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

swiftness screws up jumping puzzles, if i can remove swiftness at least it would be less a problem.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It would not make any difference if the person is out to grief you with swiftness. For example, a Guardian has 3 ways to grant swiftness if they have a staff equipped. Symbol of Swiftness that increases the timer as long as you are in the symbol radius, Retreat and Save Yourselves. You would have to right click and remove 3 times.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

unless you put your self as non-active from outside sources.