SUGGESTION: Sticky Festival Dates

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Suggestion:

Put a sticky topic at the top of the Forums that gives us the start and end dates for all the upcoming years’ Festivals. You can include a disclaimer, of course, that the dates are subject to change. (The Living World has interfered with them before. And who knows – you might surprise us with a new festival if the mood strikes you! )

This would help alleviate the number of “When does Santa come?” and “Will the Festival of the Four Winds be back?” threads. It will also reduce the number of complaints from people who wanted to finish Festival content, and felt blindsided when it ended without notice.

It won’t STOP those threads – there will always be people who would rather ask than look for themselves. But it should help.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

it wont help at all mate.
we still got people trying to search the forums even with said sticky

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

it wont help at all mate.
we still got people trying to search the forums even with said sticky

Did you read my last sentence? I know that there will still be people who don’t see the sticky. But I also know that a lot of people will still appreciate it. To say it won’t help at all is patently absurd.

And the best thing: it doesn’t take any programming. They can hand the dates to someone’s secretary to post when she has a few minutes. Why be so negative about giving us a game resource that takes almost no effort or time for them to implement?

So what if it won’t be seen or used by everybody? Many people will see and use it. And it’s super easy and quick to do.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist