Safe Passage in WvW Areas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I have yet to get world completion and part of the reason for this is that the maps which I need are in WvW areas. Now I suggest that ArenaNET might consider adding a feature that can only be activated in WvW areas and which once active makes players invulnerable to incoming fire and they are incapable of returning it even if they wanted too. Such a ‘’safe mode’’ would allow players who simply want to get World Completion in WvW maps to do so without having other players using them as targets of opportunity. Perhaps such players can have a icon over their head showing their NON-COMBATANT status. Once they exit WvW said option is turned-off.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

That actually won’t help without breaking WvW.

Because most of the POIs require you to own the tower/keep in order to get close enough to trigger it (or be currently taking it, regardless, you have to be inside).

Going invincible won’t help you get access to those POIs unless you already own it, in which case being invincible won’t do much unless you’re unlucky.

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

No… Hell no…

The rest of the game already caters to care bears with no open world PvP, I don’t want that happening in WvW too.

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Uh… how about no…
This has been discussed in great detail, however all it would really do is allow people who do wvw to have invulnerable scouts. That could follow the zergs around with little to no repercussions. After Filaha’s post usually someone comes along and suggests that while you’re invulnerable you’re color neutral and can go through any portal. However especially with the new changes coming to wvw next week letting scouts sit in the towers/keeps is an awful idea because we would know when our opponents have scouts and when they don’t.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

Posted by: xGraver.4918

xGraver.4918

This topic is just to easy to troll so ill “PASS” !

Posted by: Chaialyna.1023

Chaialyna.1023

The reason ANet included map completion of WvW maps in overall map completion was for all players to play WvW. Giving players “safe passage” through WvW would remove that requirement, so it won’t happen.

Alts-R-Us ~ All professions at 80 ~ Still leveling characters.
Main? What “main”? I play all of them sooner or later.

Filaha.1678

TBH, the only way to reasonably do it without just removing WvW from exploration requirement entirely, and actually should be done just for the sake of education, is to make “Learner” maps, where you are either invincible or instanced, give you access to everything in there, which lets you explore the map, and then remove “Live” WvW maps from the requirement.

This aids in two ways. First, people would get to get their exploration without having to do something they don’t want to do, and people who are on small servers don’t find it ludicrously difficult to get completion because they don’t have a server that can cap things.

Second, it gives a place for people who are new to WvW to explore keeps and towers and figure out the layout of each, where is defensible, where is attackable, etc, without the constant threat of being attacked at any point or wasting their server’s supply/siege by putting something in a bad place.

To help with the second, a “Training Siege” item could be added, for free from vendors in the training maps, where you can put out a siege site that requires no supply, so you can test things like just how far a catapult can reach, or the areas you can hit with an arrow cart, or whatever. That siege would obviously do 0 damage, so you couldn’t take it to live maps.

Myself and many others have managed world completion without “safe passage”, ANet doesn’t need to breast-feed you just because you can’t keep up with WvW.

Did you do it on a server so dead in WvW that it’s a struggle to even get a handful of people in against servers that can just blob you if you try to take something that you need for world completion? Your vitriol would be a bit more substantial if every server was equal in population and representation.

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Gota earn your map-completion, like every other player out there as well.
Ergo:
join your local k-train
politely ask your commander to take xyz
???
Profit

If you don’t have a k-train on your server, ask your guild for help
if you don’t have guild, buy a guild-cata from the TP and make your way towards the POI or Vista.
If you fail: you don’t deserve it anyways.
Good Luck :P

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

Posted by: Consensus.2785

Consensus.2785

Myself and many others have managed world completion without “safe passage”, ANet doesn’t need to breast-feed you just because you can’t keep up with WvW.

Did you do it on a server so dead in WvW that it’s a struggle to even get a handful of people in against servers that can just blob you if you try to take something that you need for world completion? Your vitriol would be a bit more substantial if every server was equal in population and representation.

So now it’s the server who’s at fault? They must all be working against you, collectively organizing to not play WvW and never capture anything so you can’t get world completion.

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

So now it’s the server who’s at fault? They must all be working against you, collectively organizing to not play WvW and never capture anything so you can’t get world completion.

If you’re not going to read what he wrote, you shouldn’t respond to it so rudely. :P

Filaha.1678

Translation: “No, I’m completely unaware that there are servers who either do not have a large presence in WvW or have peak times at times that an individual player may not play.”

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Translation: “No, I’m completely unaware that there are servers who either do not have a large presence in WvW or have peak times at times that an individual player may not play.”

Its a simple matter of map awareness and being able to read the map situation on all 4 maps to take something with no contest generally, or minimal contest.

Is a group of 5 going to take a keep in NA prime on any server? Unlikely, unless you have your servers EB team/Float Team/Guild group hitting their garrison the same time you are hitting that keep.

NEVER FEAR THOUGH PVE CAREBEARS, With the removal of white swords, All matches shall turn into a massive Ktrain unless you’re YB.

Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Consensus.2785

Consensus.2785

If you’re not going to read what he wrote, you shouldn’t respond to it so rudely. :P

I read exactly what he wrote. WvW is a fast paced environment where things get captured and re-captured by another server quite quickly. With careful observation of the WvW map, it is completely viable to get world completion. For all who lamenting about being on an inactive server, I urge them to actually SPEND some time in WvW (god forbid!). I did my world completion on Anvil Rock, which is ranked 21st out of 24.

TL:DR, maybe GW2 just isn’t for you.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I would actually like to see a “chicken mode” because it would be so darned fun to call out the “chicken” in map chat. But, then I want a chicken mode for Arah too so I can get those tokens.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Filaha.1678

I read exactly what he wrote. WvW is a fast paced environment where things get captured and re-captured by another server quite quickly. With careful observation of the WvW map, it is completely viable to get world completion. For all who lamenting about being on an inactive server, I urge them to actually SPEND some time in WvW (god forbid!). I did my world completion on Anvil Rock, which is ranked 21st out of 24.

TL:DR, maybe GW2 just isn’t for you.

TL;DR, “I had to suffer, so everyone else should suffer too.”

Its a simple matter of map awareness and being able to read the map situation on all 4 maps to take something with no contest generally, or minimal contest.

Being aware of the map doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have people to do anything with the information.

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

people would get to get their exploration without having to do something they don’t want to do

You do know you can just buy legendaries straight up off the tp and never have to do wvw ever…..right?

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Filaha.1678

people would get to get their exploration without having to do something they don’t want to do

You do know you can just buy legendaries straight up off the tp and never have to do wvw ever…..right?

Where did I mention anything about legendaries?

echo.2053

why else would you care about map completion.

Filaha.1678

why else would you care about map completion.

I went for map completion and have no desire to ever create a legendary. It’s something to do.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

always thought i needed to make a guide for this so here goes:

Guide for WvW map completion

Method 1: (only for active servers)
actively follow the commander around the map as they take things

Method 2: (any server)
transfer to an active server and follow method 1

Method 3: (most popular method for lower tier servers)
Run to objectives on reset night to get exploration quickly (before your server loses things). WvW matchup resets 1 hour and ~5 minutes after the daily reset on Friday night (currently 5:05 PM PST)
When the matchup resets, your server has a claim over all the keeps and towers in their Borderland and the keep and 4 towers for your corner in Eternal Battlegrounds.

When reset occurs go to your BL and run like crazy (bring swiftness!) to the 2 souternmost keeps (Bay and Hills) get all the POIs and vistas there. Then move north from them visiting towers, camps, and the garrison. You should have the 3 keeps and all the towers and camps north of Bay/Hills (dont worry if it takes more than 1 week). If your server still has stuff in EB, then go there and pick up your keep, 4 towers and the 2 camps on your side (will likely need more than one week for this and BL). to get the stuff in the south, you have to wait until your color is NOT the same as the BL (go to BLs that are “not your server name borderlands”)(unless you are really fast and can get to that southernmost tower before the enemy gets it). You will need 4 friends. You can activate the commander NPC (seigerazor/siegecrusher) if he is there. He will help you take the tower closest to your spawn. You can also take the 2 camps nearest to your spawn and get the south skill point/vistas.

Stonemist Castle will probably be your biggest issue if your world never takes it. The best way i can see to do it is to follow an enemy zerg into it (be careful they will see you as an easy target). Stealth is your best friend (if youre a mes or thief just equip your stealths and carefully fun around the perimiter picking up the POIs, otherwise bring a freind who can stealth you). You have to follow your enemy through the inner gate as well in order to get the skill point (this should be done after most of them leave).

Tips:
*Be patient, this is a PvP map and it might take some time to do if your server has 0 presence
*Always avoid enemies when you can. Anyone that sees you will tell their 50 “freinds” in map chat and generally try to engage you
*Stealth, speed boosts, and even invulnerability skills are very helpful
*non-peak times can also be helpful if you are against servers where people actually get some sleep

Good Luck with your exploration

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

(edited by Gobble D Goop.4081)

echo.2053

lolol mmk, well just fyi devs have stated multiple times they aren’t going to remove wvw from map completion nor separate it.

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

This is something that comes up from time to time – OP’s original solution and all. Let me give you the tl;dr:

1) When leveling a character, go STRAIGHT to WvW maps to do them first – this way, you can get the Vistas, POIs, and Skill Points your server is closest to relatively easily

2) Check back every week (reset is Friday/Saturday depending on your global location), which usually includes a change in section of the map your server holds – I recommend checking every Wednesday/Thursday

If you do those two things, completing WvW maps is a relative breeze, at least compared to doing PvE first, then WvW.

Edit: Also, during the week (usually Wednesdays/Thursdays), most servers are lighter on volume of people playing – as opposed to weekends.

(edited by SonOfJacob.7396)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

I would actually like to see a “chicken mode” because it would be so darned fun to call out the “chicken” in map chat. But, then I want a chicken mode for Arah too so I can get those tokens.

there is a chicken mode for arah — spvp

pls anet we must have chicken mode for wvw

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Dasenthal.6520

TBH, the only way to reasonably do it without just removing WvW from exploration requirement entirely, and actually should be done just for the sake of education, is to make “Learner” maps, where you are either invincible or instanced, give you access to everything in there, which lets you explore the map, and then remove “Live” WvW maps from the requirement.

This aids in two ways. First, people would get to get their exploration without having to do something they don’t want to do, and people who are on small servers don’t find it ludicrously difficult to get completion because they don’t have a server that can cap things.

Second, it gives a place for people who are new to WvW to explore keeps and towers and figure out the layout of each, where is defensible, where is attackable, etc, without the constant threat of being attacked at any point or wasting their server’s supply/siege by putting something in a bad place.

To help with the second, a “Training Siege” item could be added, for free from vendors in the training maps, where you can put out a siege site that requires no supply, so you can test things like just how far a catapult can reach, or the areas you can hit with an arrow cart, or whatever. That siege would obviously do 0 damage, so you couldn’t take it to live maps.

Yes, Yes I did…

Besides like someone else already mentioned just wait till next week. Every keep/tower will become soloable with the removal of white swords. If the person asking for help is on such a low tier that they don’t have a K-train it’s a safe bet that the servers they’re against don’t have enough people to keep scouts posted on every wall.

SideNote:
If you want legendary but don’t want wvw: Buy the kitten.
If you don’t want legendary but want map completion: Deal with the kitten
If you want map completion but refuse to deal with the kitten: Live without the Kitten.

Cheers!

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I am on HoD and last month finished my map completions for all 9 of my characters but I had the WvW portion of it long ago. As many have stated it is not all that difficult, even on a low ranked server, if you watch the maps and are ready to move in on a vista or poi as soon as the opportunity arises.

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

there is a chicken mode for arah — spvp

pls anet we must have chicken mode for wvw

We don’t need a chicken mode for WvW. It’s just not that hard. I have 6 characters and all of them have 100% WvW map completion. Only one of them has done the entire game map.

But like I said, it would be darned funny to see players running around as invulnerable chickens. Hell, I would make a guild event out of it

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I really dislike this idea for reasons mentioned by others in this thread.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I really dislike this idea for reasons mentioned by others in this thread.

They could actually make the player a ghost that can’t see the enemy/allies or interact with anything but skill points/challenges. Maybe make it so you can only see party members. Definitely be a cool way to train new players too and learn the maps.

Only problem would be population caps. Maybe not have those people contribute to the cap, since they can’t see/interact with anyone anyway.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

I have one idea. Make those players pay 100 gold for getting the map completion for 1 map (would be 400 for all maps). This would be a gold sink for the game.

I like to kill pve players in wvw, but I also dont like them rallybotting in my team. Would solve 2 problems with 1 change. Elevate the player skill in wvw and remove gold from the economy.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I want the dungeon master title without doing all the dungeons: chicken mode

I want the champion _ title in pvp without doing pvp: fighter mode

I want the collections achievement without collecting anything: hoarder mode

I want a precursor/legendary without doing anything: free loader mode

I do not even want to play the game: auto-pilot mode

SonOfJacob.7396

I have one idea. Make those players pay 100 gold for getting the map completion for 1 map (would be 400 for all maps). This would be a gold sink for the game.

I like to kill pve players in wvw, but I also dont like them rallybotting in my team. Would solve 2 problems with 1 change. Elevate the player skill in wvw and remove gold from the economy.

Or better: half the gold in their account.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

IMO, they should remove map exploration from wvw. I just don’t think it adds much, and the people that just want completion just leave anyways after they get it. I also find it pretty funny that people are really trying to look down on pve people; the elitism garnered from “map compleition” sounds pretty funny because I’m sure no serious wvw player would care about such pve things, lol. Sounds like a lot of insecurity from pvers in denial; and it’s not like karma training is particularly more skilled than pve…. In cases where you grossly outnumber your opponent, it’s quite the opposite.

I also feel this problem would be solved if they’d just randomize the color more.

Anyhow, some real advice; the majority of people with map compleition problems are those that do not play at peak hours. For example, there’s many cases where my server has less than 10 people on map, and my friends that play then tend to get frustrated…

Go on http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/ and watch the map. Typically, if you can afford to be awake late at certain times (typically night), you may notice times where people aren’t on, or at least your server has relatively more people.

If that is not possible, you’re simply going to have to brute force it. You will need

— You to be on a thief (off hand dagger) Place 6 points in shadow arts, and learn how to stealth.
— Get as many friends as you can on, preferably thieves too. If you can get siegerazer out, you have a much better chance because that tower can be used to assault bay/hills.
— Trebuchets/catapults (can help if you capture a nearby tower). Rams are possible but you’ll get overrun quite quickly.

In these cases, you no longer have to capture the structures; simply just bore enough holes to get in and go on a suicide run to the points. Use cloak and dagger to stay stealthed, in walls, and hopefully enough fighting will take down the inner walls so you may sneak in.

This will guarantee you get all towers and camps but keeps are definitely not guaranteed at busy hours.

If you fail (which will happen, many, many times) stay near the enemy spawn and gank everyone you see coming out of it. This will generally kitten them off enough to try and find you, so you may now go elsewhere to your targets. Even if you fail, at least you can take it out on someone.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

Filaha.1678

Or better: half the gold in their account.

I’ll accept that.

By transferring my gold to my wife’s account, paying half of what I have left (nothing), and then taking it back.

munkiman.3068

Or, you know, they could keep with the spirit of the game and give world completion to WvW ranks and PvP reward levels on top of not forcing PvE only players to go to WvW to get world completion. Separating this stuff out, really isn’t all that far fetched of an idea anyway. It wasn’t all that well thought out to include those limits anyway.

Filaha.1678

Besides like someone else already mentioned just wait till next week. Every keep/tower will become soloable with the removal of white swords. If the person asking for help is on such a low tier that they don’t have a K-train it’s a safe bet that the servers they’re against don’t have enough people to keep scouts posted on every wall.

Wait until next week where you’re more likely to find someone waiting for you than now when people can rely on swords to react to?

And when points per kill becomes a thing so hunting down PVE players who are simply trying to get map completion and don’t know how to/aren’t built for PVP fights is actually a strategy that will benefit your server?

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I’d prefer if they removed map clearing from WvW and then significantly increased the Badges cost to obtain a legendary.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

OP, pls read the post by Gobble D Goop. Wisdom is found there.

Myself, I have world completion on 2 toons already, and I do not PvP worth a dang. I do enjoy my WvW though, because it’s a ton of fun on reset night. I’m on a silver tier server, and we’re often very outnumbered, but at least armor repairs are free now!

Some things I did: go in VERY off-peak hours. I went often on early Sunday mornings. Depending on who you’re facing, this can make things a lot easier. Join an active WvW guild, if you can. My guild will sometimes say in guild chat that Stone Mist castle is open, etc. This is also super helpful. Also, realize that you often don’t need an army to take SM castle. I was in on taking SM with a group of FIVE people. It was actually the easiest thing I’ve done in WvW! Follow a zerg on reset night.

I’ve said it many time, and I’ll repeat it. Most people wait until WvW is the LAST place they need to go for world completion, and this just causes frustration. As mentioned above as well, go early, go often. Don’t be afraid. The worst thing that can happen is you get killed a few times. It will cost you nothing. If it’s super bad for zergs, go do something else and try again in a few hours.

Honestly, I wish you good luck. You don’t need a special mode. You just need patience and planning.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

I’d prefer the removal of WvW from map completion entirely. I imagine it’s a nightmare for people that only play PvE.

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Yes I did my completion on EU FoW when we were second to last. It’s really not that hard, at the time I didnt even play WvW. So you die a couple of times.
Now I have to mention that Vabbi players are pretty nice players, I did not get ganked I did not get demolished by a 300+ rank thief or things like that.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

I just buckled down and ran with a bunch of WvW trains… got a bunch of complements on it too since I know how to play my character even though I despise PvP in all of its incarnations since I first played Mortal Kombat II.

And when I couldn’t run with a train, I explored the zone my world controlled for the week. If you run around with just one other person on those weeks you’re a lot less likely to be attacked too. I have no intention of making a legendary though, so I doubt I’ll be exploring WvW on more than one character.

SonOfJacob.7396

I’d prefer the removal of WvW from map completion entirely. I imagine it’s a nightmare for people that only play PvE.

And people that only play WvW —> TOO MANY UPLEVELS RALLYBOTTING

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

How…how many times we gonna have this conversation? OP, please start some threads about the zerk meta, mounts, capes, and dueling please. We don’t talk about that stuff enough either.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Agree with this. Have completion for one character & still play world vs world on a part time basis.
Also understand the idea is to get people into world vs world, yet players with no interest in this format of the game are kittened.
Generally the easiest opportunity is when your server is lucky enough to be on the dominating end of lopsided world vs world rounds.

Dasenthal.6520

Wait until next week where you’re more likely to find someone waiting for you than now when people can rely on swords to react to?

And when points per kill becomes a thing so hunting down PVE players who are simply trying to get map completion and don’t know how to/aren’t built for PVP fights is actually a strategy that will benefit your server?

My comment was focused at tiers with very few people, next week won’t make a difference in how many scouts are on the map in those tiers. PPK again only applies to people who play wvw, on a low tier server you might get ganked a few times (not gonna lie about that), but that’s pure luck (or in this case lack of luck) running in to someone else. Right now you have a signal fire that lets everyone on the map know where you are, versus might run in to you.
~Not a perfect solution, but it’ll make it slightly easier for small tiers.

As a side note: If you’re trying to get wvw map completion the hours leading up to reset can be some of the best times to try and cap things, because most people are gearing up for the next matchup already and not paying attention. Especially if 1st place has already been decided.

Dasenthal.6520

Agree with this. Have completion for one character & still play world vs world on a part time basis.
Also understand the idea is to get people into world vs world, yet players with no interest in this format of the game are kittened.
Generally the easiest opportunity is when your server is lucky enough to be on the dominating end of lopsided world vs world rounds.

How do you guys feel about players who wvw exclusively though? Are we not allowed to like shinies? We have to go PvE if we want any shiny weapon, and yet we don’t make forum posts complaining (largely because we realize we’re the minority)about being locked out of dungeon skins, or luminescent skins (specifically referencing things available in Spvp, because Spvp still does not equal wvw).
Yet you’re complaining about 4 maps:
76 Points of Interest
13 Skill points
40 vistas.
25 Waypoints (All given btw)
and yet…
There are
301 hearts (Not included in wvw)
646 Points of interest (722 total- 76 listed above)
189 skill points (202 total- 13 listed above)
226 vista’s (266 total -40 listed above)
482 Waypoints (507 total – 25 listed above)

Total all that up (using totals)= Hearts + POI’s+ SP+ V’s+ WP’s =1998 things need for map completion.
Things need for wvw map completion = Hearts (0) + POI’s (76) + SP (13) +V’s (40) +WP (Functionally 0, but i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt 25)=154

154/1998= roughly 8%
You guys (PvE’ers exclusively) have to play 8% of the game you don’t like to get your legendary (or your achievement, what ever the motivator is). We (WvW’ers exclusively) have to play 92% (more than 11 times as much) of the game that we don’t want to for our legendaries (I don’t know a single WvW’er who actually has the nerf to say “I just wanted the achievement” so…)
And guess what: we do it, we might cuss and moan to our guild mates, but we do it. So, like I said earlier:

SideNote:
If you want map completion but refuse to deal with the kitten: Live without the Kitten.

Cheers!

Filaha.1678

How do you guys feel about players who wvw exclusively though? Are we not allowed to like shinies?

PVE map completion doesn’t rely on other people, though, and can be done at one’s own pace on one’s own time.

The “best” suggestions here for getting it done if your server is continually matched against people who sorely outnumber you in WvW are: Wait for a week in between attempts to get as much as you can asap.

munkiman.3068

How do you guys feel about players who wvw exclusively though? Are we not allowed to like shinies? We have to go PvE if we want any shiny weapon, and yet we don’t make forum posts complaining (largely because we realize we’re the minority)about being locked out of dungeon skins, or luminescent skins (specifically referencing things available in Spvp, because Spvp still does not equal wvw).
76 Points of Interest
13 Skill points
40 vistas.
and yet…
There are

Total all that up (using totals)= Hearts + POI’s+ SP+ V’s+ WP’s =1998 things need for map completion.
Things need for wvw map completion = Hearts (0) + POI’s (76) + SP (13) +V’s (40) +WP (Functionally 0, but i’ll give you the benefit of the doubt 25)=154

154/1998= roughly 8%
You guys (PvE’ers exclusively) have to play 8% of the game you don’t like to get your legendary (or your achievement, what ever the motivator is). We (WvW’ers exclusively) have to play 92% (more than 11 times as much) of the game that we don’t want to for our legendaries (I don’t know a single WvW’er who actually has the nerf to say “I just wanted the achievement” so…)
And guess what: we do it, we might cuss and moan to our guild mates, but we do it. So, like I said earlier:

SideNote:

Cheers!

They can tie world completion rewards to rank, basically.

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

76 Points of Interest
13 Skill points
40 vistas.
and yet…
There are

154/1998= roughly 8%

SideNote:

Cheers!

Think you make a very good point.

munkiman.3068

How do you guys feel about players who wvw exclusively though? Are we not allowed to like shinies?

PVE map completion doesn’t rely on other people, though, and can be done at one’s own pace on one’s own time.

The “best” suggestions here for getting it done if your server is continually matched against people who sorely outnumber you in WvW are: Wait for a week in between attempts to get as much as you can asap.

I have 2 toons with world completion and one other with wvw done. I still think they again, need to make completion a thing for WvW players, even if it mean PvE players can get rewards too, or PvP. Want to promote people to play these modes, give em more reason too. I dont care if i can rank up to get my world completion.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Invulnerable scouts in wvw? No thx.
Just remove the need for WVW zone for map completion and problem solved.