Safe Passage in WvW Areas

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Maybe ANet can make WvW map completion purchasable in the gem store:P ANet profits and carebears get their easy mode.

No changes are really needed though. Follow the wisdom posted by a few of the above posters and you can succeed. My friend and I (this was a long time ago when TC wasn’t known as a WvW server) just picked “dead” times and threw a cata down and two manned several towers. Swiftness & stealth ftw.

Find others and group up. More the merrier!

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I stand and dance !

Sometimes very friendly players get the idea that I have no interest in fighting them – and stop after landing a few hits on me to allow me to carry on my merry way.

It’s very nice of the players who realise you are there to complete your exploration – the only other alternative is to wait until your server changes colour (usually on a WvW season as it’s fast n furious) and complete it then.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

When I see a player running around who’s upleved and wearing PvE loot gear the only thought I have is “LOOK A WALKING LOOT BAG! LET”S SEE WHAT’S INSIDE IT!!!"

But honestly Map completion should be removed from WvW or move the points outside of contestable areas (IE. put the POI at the gate of a tower, the Vistas make “overlooks” )

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I actually posted this to invite discussion and to prove to a guildie that such a thing probably would not go down well as, to quote my comment to them, “you have the earn that map, like any other map area.” But I welcome the commentary above. Thanks to everyone who replied and points well made – especially the one immediately above this comment that notes that WvW should be removed from map completion and then more people could wear the world completion status star with pride. In my case the above is all that is preventing me from doing exactly that.

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I think the map completion in wvw should stay. One thing I could agree with is moving poi to front gates and vista outside of walled objectives.

Vistas
NWT: south cliff face
NET: north cliff face
Garrison: the bridged isle just northeast of gari in the valley.
Hills: large cliff west
Bay: near the minotuars
SET: roof of sec wall
SWT: the arena ruin’s south cliff.

I don’t know eb that well so will leave that to another ;-)

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

Wow really? Safe Passage….. yeah, no.
I don’t WvW and I got my POIs in the Mists completed easy enough.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I think World Completion should stay like it is now.

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I agree to this, only if they also allow WvW players to get all PvE points by just logging into Lion’s Arch.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est