Salvage Kit - Why I consider it a nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Patchnotes:
Increased the rate at which some salvage kits give upgrades so that the practical rate matches the stated rate in those items’ descriptions. The following salvage kits have had their upgrade salvage rates increased:

Basic Salvage Kit
Fine Salvage Kit
Journeyman’s Salvage Kit
Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic

Why do you do this to us Anet?

Why do you nerf Salvage Kits by increasing the chance to salvage sigils/runes

IF someone has an item with an expensive rune/sigil then they use ONLY black lion salvage kit

and if the rune/sigil is not expensive then everyone hopes that it doesnt get salvaged so he doesnt have to do more clicks to destroy these MOST USELESS ITEMS of the game

because masterwork sigils and runes are so useless and everyone i know and myself are always annoyed when we have to delete every single rune/sigil after salvaging items from dungeonruns etc

Now anet is making our inventories fill up even faster with pure crap…
because those masterwork runes and sigils are seriously nothing but crap…

Anet please remove the chance at salvaging upgrades totally from everything but rare and exotic salvage kits…
im sure you would make 99% of all guildwars 2 players very happy
because it is very very annoying that we have to empty our inventories from this junk everytime… cant even sell quick and merchants with the “sell junk” option since it is not labeled as junk…

—————————————EDIT—————————————

i just put the word nerf in the title to provoke and attract more views

i know it is no real nerf technically…

it just feels a bit like one for me for the listed reasons in this post and the other posts that i did in this topic so i think the title fits pretty good
while attracting many viewers too at the same time which is good since i wanted to discuss this with many (constructive) opinions

please read the other 3 big posts (close to the bottom of this page) that i made in this topic before commenting as there are a few more reasons & arguments for my way of thinking & possible solutions that i can think of

my first posts were written very fast and i have to admit that they were written in a tiny rant about this change :P

Possible Solutions:

—> Make Runes & Sigils collectibles

—> Give the Salvage Kits (at least the inifnite ones) an option for not salvaging upgrades

—> Let us buy more inventory bag slots (~2)
this solution would not really solve the problem but at least make it easier since we could save 1 bag only for those masterwork sigils & runes and vendor them all at once at some point later

—> give masterwork sigils & runes a real use so they are worth something
this would lead to even bigger space problems though because we couldnt just delete the runes & sigils anymore or sell at merchants so they fill up our inventories even longer until we come to a bank…
so it is no real solution but could be used together with the solution of making runes & sigils collectibles

not directly related to sigils/runes but in general for more free inventory slots:

—> make costume brawl weapons & endless tonics part of the Hero Panel so we dont have to waste inventory slots for these & can actually use them on all characters
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/178322/Anetpls.jpg

—> improve the account wallet to take up more items so they dont fill up inventories:
http://swalsh81.github.io/gw2improvedwallet/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

How is this nerf? Because you don’t want them?

Orangensaft.7139

pls read whole post

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Keep using crude ones for all those useless blues/greens.

Posted by: Emergencee.8259

Emergencee.8259

pls read whole post

I’ve read the whole post. I don’t think this is really a nerf. It’s not really making the kits any less effective and you can just mass sell all the cheapy runes at a NPC for a little extra silver if you can’t be bothered to destroy them. c:

Posted by: Arlee.7038

Arlee.7038

Yea… this change bothers me not at all. At worst it just gives me something else to vendor, nbd.

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

I save them and smash them in the toilet to feed my constantly expanding colletion of superior runes/sigils.

Posted by: friggarn.5360

friggarn.5360

Wooooooow people really will complain about anything, even making more copper. This place is ridiculous!

Posted by: Fxncy.2398

Fxncy.2398

I just want a central city that doesn’t look like a garbage can, I hope it is clean and actually rebuilt.

Kae – Maguuma
Brorannosaurus [Rekz] & Less Talkin More [Sekz]

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

How many runes/sigils could you have just destroyed in the time it took to type out this rant?

Orangensaft.7139

Wooooooow people really will complain about anything, even making more copper. This place is ridiculous!

being annoyed by the tons of crap that is thrown into our inventory is FAR worse than losing out on a few worthless copper….

i would pay 100x the money i get from selling those masterwork & rare sigils/runes if it gave me the option to stop them from being salvaged/dropped

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You are complaining that you get MORE money from salvaging…. really?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

This isn’t a nerf…it gives you more which is the opposite of a nerf. They buffed salvage kits and you’re complaining because you have more things to vendor.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s technically not a nerf if they’re increasing the rate of getting upgrades, lol.

I’m with you on the frustration with 16c sigils and crap filling up my inventory though. Would be nice to have a ‘Recycle bin’ of sorts to deposit the crap to – Junk items, luck essences – anything stackable that’s not used in crafting.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I save them and smash them in the toilet to feed my constantly expanding colletion of superior runes/sigils.

That’s my usual way of dealing with them as well. If I’m full up and not willing to flush them right then, I’ll sell them on the trading post or at the nearest vendor. Only rarely have I destroyed them.

Extra money. It adds up.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Keep using crude ones for all those useless blues/greens.

Is there something selling the equivalent of a crude kit with 25 uses?

Orangensaft.7139

yes i cam complainging because i get more

more worthless crap only…

stuff that fills my inventory where my slots are limited

when i do dungeon runs i get tons of rares and masterwork and blue items
i use the infinite Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic to salvage items otherwise i would run out of inventory slots very very fast after starting the dungeon

i salvage everytime i have a few seconds in between fights to prevent this from happening

and those runes/sigils annoy me everytime…
and now this problem was made worse

this is why i am unhappy

i have NEVER seen masterwork & rare sigils/runes as a reward!
it is even worse than junk!
why?
because you can sell junk with an extra button at merchants at least
for runes and sigils you have to scroll through your inventory list at the merchant and make sure you sell only the sigils/runes and not anything else

i understand when people dont have this problem
and i actually dont have such a big problem with these sigils/runes on most of my chars actually but on my main and a few other chars where i have a lot of consumables / bufffoods / fun gemshop items / extra armorsets+trinkets+weapons / etc …. where 100+ slots are often permanently filled
which makes every single inventory spot left free important

if anet gave us the option to buy more bag slots that would solve this problem to the most part at least and make me happy
but they dont do that either sadly

or if they sold an infinite salvage kit that works just as the infinite Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic but without the fuction of salvaging uprades i would be very very happy too

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

better suggestion:

Add mechanics to the game, that make this pure crap actually worthful to have and turn into something, that you actually want to have.

The crap loot is just crap look, because Anet added absolutel< nothign to the game that actually gives players a reason to want to have even after being max level still all of the inferior loot items.

ANet needs to return finally into every single map of this game tons of different “Junk Collectors”, which say want to have daily something different and if you bring them what they want, reward the player with actually something nice and useful, that players will want to have regardless of what their level is, because the rewards scale with your character level up.

Say there would be a Junk Collector standing in Queensdale, that wants from you, that you bring him today like 25 Minor Sigils of Skale Slaying.

If you bring him the Sigils, you get for fulfilling that Daily Request of that Junk Collector NPC a following reward then:

• Gold based on your Character Level ranging from 25 Silver to 2,5 Gold
  • Karma based on your Character Level ranging between 600 to 10000 Karma
  • Additionally Materials ranging from kitten T6 based on your Character Level
  • Additionally Rarely Black Lion Ticket Scraps instead of Materials
  • Additionally Rarely Black Lion Keys instead of Materials
  • Additionaly Very Rarely Bags of Gems containing 50-250 Gems (random in 10er steps 50,60,70, ect.)
  • Additionally in Maps that have Dungeons eventually instead of Materials Dungeon Tokens at a like 50/50 chance.

Just a simple example, but think about it, theres tons of other junk in this game which could be considered to be taken into the list of collectable junk also too, that somewhere certain NPCs might want to have from you (if you find them) and want youthat you give tham that junk, in return for their daily rewards so that you get fro all that collected junk actually over time also somethign worthful back.

Then it would be wise to actually collect and keep everythign what you get like a hoarder, but you might find maybe the next day a npc, that wants from you something, that you hoarded just yersterday alot and if you give him, what you hoarded, you might end up gettign rewarded for it by that npc then with somethign really valuable for you plus a significant gold/karma boost.

if you are lucky and find over the course of the day multiple of these nocs that want from you some junk and inferior items that are of no use for you normally anymore, then you could get that way quite some good rewarding stuff out of collecting up all the junk, instead of instantly deleting all this senseless stuff, that under Anets current game design has only the sense to annoy the players to bring them to the point, that they want to spent real money to increase their storage space and bag limits to get not so quickly overloaded with pure useless garbage with every single kill. mostly.

there could be even something funny and fitting in the game, like a Hoarder Title with a kind of Rank System given to you by some kind of funny special SKRITT, that so more junk you hoard and gift to npocs, that want to have it, so more do you rise into that hoarder rank , gett better reputation amogn the Skritt for hoarding alot of shinies and being generous and unlocking this with some unique rewards that you can get from that skritt by turning a new unique currency item in, that you receive from every npc, whose junk requests you fulfill successfully daily for some kind of special rewards, that you can receive only from this new npc, addign another reason for it why you’d just want to loot everything and let nothing ever again out…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Are you people daft? Of course this is a nerf, It is a nerf to the value of sigils and runes, because now there will be an even more influx of garbage runes, making them even less valuable. Not that 16c for a minor rune could go much lower, but I would prefer they make runes/sigils only salvage from major/mystic kits, which would maybe increase the value of salvaged items…

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Poor salvage kit. It’s not its fault the upgrades are rubbish.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wow….just wow.

I didn’t realize it was such an arduous task to take an extra 5 seconds at the merchant.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Wut?

I’m confused.

You are upset they increased the rate of salavaging upgrades per tier of salvage kit, and this is a nerf because now your inventory fills up faster?

Really!?

Getting more stuff is now bad and can be classified as a nerf?
Yeah no. Not at all.

By definition a “Nerf”: is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable.
One can argue that a greater chance to get an upgrade is undesirable, however it’s a very weak argument, unless getting a few extra coin from salvaging is undesirable to you. Then yes, it can be classified as a “nerf”.

But I would imagine that a vast majority of players getting an upgrade worth a few extra silver, or more MF fodder would consider this change positive and a buff. (At least anyone who is halfway reasonable….)

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

pls read whole post

I did. I guess I just couldn’t believe that someone was complaining that they would get MORE value from salvaging and considered that a nerf. I get it now … you’re lazy so getting more stuff to sell is a nerf to you.

Orangensaft.7139

Wut?

I’m confused.

You are upset they increased the rate of salavaging upgrades per tier of salvage kit, and this is a nerf because now your inventory fills up faster?

Really!?

Yeah no. Not at all.

By definition a “Nerf”: is a change to a game that makes something less effective or desirable.
One can argue that a greater chance to get an upgrade is undesirable, however it’s a very weak argument, unless getting a few extra coin from salvaging is undesirable to you. Then yes, it can be classified as a “nerf”.

But I would imagine that a vast majority of players getting an upgrade worth a few extra silver, or more MF fodder would consider this change positive and a buff. (At least anyone who is halfway reasonable….)

getting more stuff is good if the stuff is useful in any way

but getting more crap is bad

and masterwork sigils/runes are nothing but crap

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Wut?

I’m confused.

Really!?

Yeah no. Not at all.

getting more crap is bad

Not everyone considers it to be ‘crap.’

You don’t like it, that’s fine. That doesn’t make it a “nerf.”

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Clicking sell….. so…. difficult…. My fingers…

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Orangensaft.7139

and thx @ Orpheal.8263 for bringing up your ideas

if masterwork sigils/runes had any use in the game i wouldnt be unhappy about getting them
but the fact that i am annoyed by getting loot is a bad thing

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

That is your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.
However, selling for a bit of coin or tossing them into the forge for a chance at a better rune/sigil is always an option.
They are useful. People do benefit from them.

Also consider this.

What if the “Buff” (which it is) to salavaging upgrades may play a significant role in future content?
What if somehow all those “crap” runes/sigils are used for guild halls somehow? Or upgrading to new runes/sigils? Or used in new crafting recipies? So they made them easier to obtain through salvaging so when it launches people already have the means to obtain such things?

Just some ideas….

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

How is this a nerf? Is this going to turn into one of those P2W-esque threads where people explain until they’re blue in the face about how its not?

How many pages do you think we can get?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Most miss-leading thread title of 2015?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Orangensaft.7139

That is your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it.
However, selling for a bit of coin or tossing them into the forge for a chance at a better rune/sigil is always an option.
They are useful. People do benefit from them.

Also consider this.

What if the “Buff” (which it is) to salavaging upgrades may play a significant role in future content?
What if somehow all those “crap” runes/sigils are used for guild halls somehow? Or upgrading to new runes/sigils? Or used in new crafting recipies? So they made them easier to obtain through salvaging so when it launches people already have the means to obtain such things?

Just some ideas….

yes i like those ideas
if they come then this change is a good change i guess

but as it is now i dont like the change for the reasons i listed in my OP and the other answers i gave

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Drop them into the forge…and don’t complain. Holy kitten the amount of unnecessary rage is too kitten high these days!

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

The problem with the salvage kit “buff” is that minor sigils/runes can clog up an inventory REALLY fast; they don’t all stack neatly together unless they are the same kind (not common), and they are worthless on the black lion trading post, meaning that the only way to get rid of them is to go to an actual merchant. This is annoying because while out and about, you generally want to have inventory space for as long as possible because full inventory means pit-stop. More minor runes/sigils = more pit stops = less time spent having fun.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

The title is misleading. This in no way is a salvage kit nerf. You get more from your useless greens and blues. The fact that you don’t know what to do productively does not equal a nerf.

Just vendor them if need be. Prices might go down a bit on runes/sigil total since the base (blue/green runes/sigils) might drop. This is a good thing for casual gamers. Hardcore gamers will find other ways to make money.

People will complain about literally everything. Unbelievable.

The problem with the salvage kit “buff” is that minor sigils/runes can clog up an inventory REALLY fast; they don’t all stack neatly together unless they are the same kind (not common), and they are worthless on the black lion trading post, meaning that the only way to get rid of them is to go to an actual merchant. This is annoying because while out and about, you generally want to have inventory space for as long as possible because full inventory means pit-stop. More minor runes/sigils = more pit stops = less time spent having fun.

Run 160 bag space, problem solved. Don’t take along every useless gadget at all time. That’s called inventory management. Buy 5-6 Basic salvage kits (of a copper-fed-salvage) an make a mystic salvage kit. More loot is a good thing (economy wise at least). Try to see the bigger picture.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

You people need to be “Gibb Smacked” repeatedly. Of all things to complain about, geez….

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

You people need to be “Gibb Smacked” repeatedly. Of all things to complain about, geez….

ikr…

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

and i actually don’t have such a big problem with these sigils/runes on most of my chars actually but on my main and a few other chars where i have a lot of consumables / buff foods / fun gem shop items / extra armor sets+trinkets+weapons / etc …. where 100+ slots are often permanently filled

If Anet gave us the option to buy more bag slots that would solve this problem to the most part at least and make me happy
but they don’t do that either sadly

Or if they sold an infinite salvage kit that works just as the infinite Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic but without the function of salvaging upgrades I would be very very happy too

Seriously, YOU’RE COMPLAINING ABOUT A PROBLEM YOU CREATED, yes, you created this problem, not ArenaNet, therefore the solution needs to come from you, and was not created by ArenaNet fixing the salvage kits to work properly. Stop being such a hoarder, which is exactly what you would be considered having a 100+ inventory slots filled with…why the hell you have in a 100+ inventory slots constantly filled is beyond me. Do you honestly need all that extra bs with you, and yes, I’m boosts and food buffs bs.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

A guildie and I had an idea about runes/sigils in general. Make all types of runes/sigils salvageable. The idea is very simple, you can salvage them into trophies (stack able) called like “Blank Rune” “Blank Sigil”. There would be masterwork/rare/exotic tiers of these trophies to match the current merchant price of each tier (maybe +4c to make up for salvage cost).

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

I agree, this was an absolute failure on Anet’s part. Just think about how many players are going to get crippling carpel tunnel syndrome from having to click so much!
-.-*

Hate is Fuel.

Orangensaft.7139

The title is misleading. This in no way is a salvage kit nerf. You get more from your useless greens and blues. The fact that you don’t know what to do productively does not equal a nerf.

Just vendor them if need be. Prices might go down a bit on runes/sigil total since the base (blue/green runes/sigils) might drop. This is a good thing for casual gamers. Hardcore gamers will find other ways to make money.

People will complain about literally everything. Unbelievable.

Run 160 bag space, problem solved. Don’t take along every useless gadget at all time. That’s called inventory management. Buy 5-6 Basic salvage kits (of a copper-fed-salvage) an make a mystic salvage kit. More loot is a good thing (economy wise at least). Try to see the bigger picture.

the title is provocatice and it is intended
i wanted many people to read it
worked i guess

about that “Run 160 bag space, problem solved.”

i have to say no
at least not in every case:

i dont have big problems with inventory management on any of my characters but on my main i do

what i carry on my main:

+ many buff foods for WvW & PvE
+ 3 different armor sets
+ weapons
+ essential consumables
+ loot that you get everyday where it makes no sense to open or salvage everyday since that would only lead to those items filling up your top inventory spots without order
(WvW loot bags, WvW Champ Bags, the WvW salvagable items, fractal relics, Bags of Coin, Agony Infusions, Geodes, Bandit Crests, Bandit Keys etc etc.)
+ gemshop items
and i didnt buy these gemshop items to let them rot in my bank…
that would be stupid…

i dont have all these gemshop items on other chars …
i dont have 3 armorsets on all other chars
and neither do i have the geodes, bandit crests, PvE Bufffoods, etc. on them because with most other chars i only do PvP or WvW
so i dont have space problems on them

but for my main doing all activities on him leads to space problems in my inventory

i hope with that list maybe you understand that it is very well possible to have 100+ items that you need or loot everyday permanently in your inventory

so i dont get why anet cant just give us the option to buy 1 or 2 more bag slots for such characters where we have to carry more items permanently
—> it wouldnt hurt anyone
—> anet could make profit
—> people like me would be very happy

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

Every time this comes up in ride the few trying to tell others how to better manage their inventory. This game gives too much useless garbage that has to be tossed or gotten rid of at the vendor. It does zero to enhance gameplay, and this will in fact only make it worse.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i actually use rare runes to make gold from MF, pretty good gold income~

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

“Urghh… Too lazy to go to a Merchant to sell this “junk” Might as well leave it filled up"

Although I take every advantage to gain a little money on the side, I am always gathering Materials to sell to get gold (I don’t really craft that much). But having more stuff the sell means more money for me.

Not the richest person in GW2 but I do get by though. (20 Gold) Enough for gear and exotics. I had no problems with the “junk” I emptied my inventory pretty fast that theres litterly nothing left in it.

Only place thats cluttered is my Storage but that’s it. I had not bought 1 extra slot for another bag just only the storage.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

im sure you would make 99% of all guildwars 2 players very happy

What is this, occupy Lions Arch? Please, no defecating on the Lion’s Court Statue, so much work going into cleaning up the place already =_=

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I think you got something wrong .

Salvaged upgrades do not take up slots of material salvages.

Have you ever salvaged just the upgrade without materials? I haven’t.

If upgrades filling your inventory annoy you. Get more bags, don’t salvage until you get to a merchant, or use BL merchants.

If you already have lots of inventory but you have several gear sets using up that space, then the problem is not the salvage kits, but stats not being unlocks you can switch without having to carry more gear.

Sooner or later they’ll add some use for all those heavily unused upgrades, and then you’ll complain about now having enough.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

+ many buff foods for WvW & PvE
+ 3 different armor sets
+ essential consumables
+ loot that you get everyday where it makes no sense to open or salvage everyday since that would only lead to those items filling up your top inventory spots without order
(WvW loot bags, WvW Champ Bags, the WvW salvagable items, fractal relics, Bags of Coin, Agony Infusions, Geodes, Bandit Crests, Bandit Keys etc etc.)
+ gemshop items
and i didnt buy these gemshop items to let them rot in my bank…
that would be stupid…

Total overkill and poor inventory management.

- many buff foods for WvW/Pve
-> no more than 4-6 slots needed maximum

- 3 different armor sets
-> no more than 1 extra armor set needed. Store the others in the bank. chances are high you will pass by a bank anyway before changing game modes. (I have 4 armor sets for my main, I do not carry them around all the time)

- essential consumables
-> we covered buff food already so what’s left? most consumables are useless post anet nerf. this should take up maybw 2-4 slots max

- loot that you get everyday where it makes no sense to open or salvage everyday
-> this should be no more than 10 slots (reasses, you don’t have to carry every junk around)

- gemshop items
-> bank them. none of these are ever needed besides MAYBE ressurection stones. Be honest with yourself, how often have you actually used one of these in the last week/month? bank if less than 3 times. The buy argument is void, most people never bought any of the gem shop items, they just pile up. In case of boosters, convert them to Enchanted Reward Boost and Enchanted Combat Boost if you really want to bring them along. Again, no more than 2-6 slots

Now I’m not going to tell you how to play, but your inventory problems are self created as was pointed out by others.

i hope with that list maybe you understand that it is very well possible to have 100+

Absolutely, but making choices and differentiating between actually useful items and clutter is part of proper inventory management. Taking along every single item because it might be useful at some point in time in the future, is not.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Orangensaft.7139

~Snip~

and i actually don’t have such a big problem with these sigils/runes on most of my chars actually but on my main and a few other chars where i have a lot of consumables / buff foods / fun gem shop items / extra armor sets+trinkets+weapons / etc …. where 100+ slots are often permanently filled

If Anet gave us the option to buy more bag slots that would solve this problem to the most part at least and make me happy
but they don’t do that either sadly

Or if they sold an infinite salvage kit that works just as the infinite Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic but without the function of salvaging upgrades I would be very very happy too

Seriously, YOU’RE COMPLAINING ABOUT A PROBLEM YOU CREATED, yes, you created this problem, not ArenaNet, therefore the solution needs to come from you, and was not created by ArenaNet fixing the salvage kits to work properly. Stop being such a hoarder, which is exactly what you would be considered having a 100+ inventory slots filled with…why the hell you have in a 100+ inventory slots constantly filled is beyond me. Do you honestly need all that extra bs with you, and yes, I’m boosts and food buffs bs.

1) “I created the problem”:

it is a problem many more people have
definitly not all people and even i only have this problem on my main character
but i dont think that “i created this problem”
it is just a problem that occurs when you buy fun items fromt he gemshop
they just fill up your inventory

If it continues like this i wont be able to buy gemstore items in the future because i know they would just rot in my bank since i am not allowed to have more inventory slots…
Anet you could lose out on money :P

2) “The Solution has to come from me”:

i can give ideas (and already did in previous topics) for solutions but anet has to bring them to the game a
nd so far they havent done that

1) just let us buy ~2 more bag slots
—> people like me who need it are happy and have no more problems
—> no further development work needed for it so it could just easily be made possible i am sure

2) give us a Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic that has 0 chance of salvaging upgrade runes
—> again people like me who have use for it are happy and have no more problema
—> they just have to re-release that Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic and just change the percentage for the chance to salvage upgrades to 0
i guess that doesnt require much work either

3) Make Costume-Brawl Weapons & Endless Tonics part of the Hero Panel
—> that would be almost the perfect solution but some people already bought multiple costume brawl sets and they would have to be refunded i guess so this is something anet doesnt want to do maybe

the 2 first solutions wouldnt have negative influence on anyone else and wouldnt require much work

26x lvl 80 Characters

Orangensaft.7139

3) “how i can have 100+ inventory slots constantly filled is beyond you”

Items that i loot/get everyday:
Luck, Geodes, Zephyrite Lockpicks, Bandit Crests, Bandit Keys, Silky Sand, WvW Champ Bags, WvW Player Loot Bags, WvW salvagable materials (heavy, medium, light), Scrolls of Knowledge, Agony Infusions, Potions of PvP Reward, Bags of Coins, Writs of Experience
—>16 slots

Armorsets:
2 extra sets + extra aquabreather for other rune
—> 13 slots

Weapons:
10 Weapons in Inventory ususally (depends if i use 2-handed weapons or 2x 1-handed)
all weapons my class can use and for a few of them different stats for other builds
—> 10 slots

Trinkets:
1 full extra set of Trinkets for another build
—> 6 slots

Bufffood:
15 different bufffoods.. different buffs for different PvP/PvE Builds and different slaying potions for dungeons & fractals and candy corn to puke on friends in WvW
—>15 slots filled

Consumables:
22 consumables: items like WvW Siege, HoM Stone, Black Lion Salvage Kit, Bank Access, Instant Repair, Revive Orb, Minion summoning items, Frost Gun, portal gun, experimental rifle, Ash Legion Spy Kit, etc. and 2 fun consumables
—> 22 slots filled

Gemshop Items & Tonics:
17 different mostly fun items like: Home Instance Port +
all 8 costume brawl weapons (such fights start randomly and i cant port to a bank or spend a bank access for that everytime)
2x SAB Boom Box cause it is the best
3x Instruments + Bobblehead Laboratory + How to Dance + Roses + 2 Tonics for random partys (those items are not all essential but i WANT to be able to use them … i bought them so why should i let them rot in my bank and not be able to use in a situation when it would be perfect and funny?)
and i actually use them pretty often
—> 17 slots

pretty much all of these items are things that i use everyday and the gemshop items are items that are situational and even if i dont need them everyday i want to be able to have instant access to them everytime

—> that equals 99 items that are permanently in my inventory on my main character
and i get rares so fast in dungeons that those fill up my inventory too
mithril & t5 leather collection slots are regulary 100% full (i have 1500 slot amount)
dragonite, bloodstone dust, empyreal fragments too ofc
i always have to delete those if i didnt empty the collection slots for those
and the masterwork & rare sigils & runes

The Sigils are basically just a part of the whole problem
but i am annoyed by the change that made the inventory-slot-problem worse because i see basically absoultely no use of more of the useless sigils/runes dropping

there is no demand for the lowlvl recipes in which they are used and they arent worth more than some coppers at the merchants where you cant even sell them quick with the “sell junk” option which is even more annoying if you have to do it constantly

i hope i could show you how it is possible to have so many items permanently in inventory
and that i already had ideas in mind and didnt just randomly rant

i made topics/posts in other topics int he past already asking about inventory slots being added but nothing happened sadly

this inventory-space-problem is a problem that i have since long time on my main and i dont understand why arenanet cant just add for example 2 more inventory bag slots that we can buy from them

instead they make it worse by adding stuff like bandit crests, bandit keys, geodes, zephyrite lockpicks etc…
and then they make it a bit worse again by increasing the amount of useless upgrades that i will salvage…

i hope you can see my point there

26x lvl 80 Characters

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

“Nerf” might not be the best word to describe this phenomenon. lol It is kind of misleading and confusing.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Hyperbole hurt your cause. It’s fine to ask ANet to revert the mechanic to the way it was before, but you confused the subject by calling it a nerf. Many of the posts are about that word, instead of the topic you actually wanted to discuss.
  • The only time it matters that one is getting “too many” sigils/runes is during farming, when one is using salvage kits to make more room in inventory. There are other ways to resolve this particular issue.
  • For all other situations, more runes/sigils are, at worst, only slightly more inconvenient — instead of clicking a few times at a vendor or TP to sell, you end clicking a several times.
  • Not sure any of us know if this is going to mean less coin or more coin. In the short run, less coin, as the value of sigils & runes drops. In the long run, they might be changing the importance of sigils & runes, which would mean price increases.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”