Salvage Kits: Combining and Splitting Stacks

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lexxguard.2690

lexxguard.2690

For those with dozens of Black Lion Salvage Kits and people who have several salvage kits that can only be used up to 25 at a time, I feel like it would be more beneficial to be able to stack these items together. Black Lion Salvage Kits should be able to stack together up to 250 and be split apart to as little as 1. This goes for most salvage kits, there really is no reason to have to have each kit taking up an inventory slot or have to return to a merchant each time our 25 kits are used up. This kits wont even last a few minutes in the HoT maps anymore.

(edited by lexxguard.2690)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

the kits and other multi use items are not a stack, they are the number of time they can be used.

Posted by: TheLordQ.1857

TheLordQ.1857

You may want to look into Mystic Salvage Kits and the Copper/Silver Fed ones. Those are the way to reduce the packspace on the lower kits.

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

I agree with the OP on this. It would be really nice to be able to combine uses on salvage kits rather than use multiple storage slots or have to frequently go back to a merchant to buy another kit. Why are they limited to only 25 uses anyway?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I agree with the OP on this. It would be really nice to be able to combine uses on salvage kits rather than use multiple storage slots or have to frequently go back to a merchant to buy another kit. Why are they limited to only 25 uses anyway?

Because…… Copper-fed salvage kit?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Because…… Copper-fed salvage kit?

They were limited at launch, long before the introduction of the copper-fed. The mystic kit was the first, but not the last multi-use kit introduced later.

There’s no particular thematic or game reason for kits to work on ‘uses’ rather than as a stack of usable items (e.g. potions). It’s probably a result of simpler coding and tradition — it’s the same mechanic that most games have for salvage (including GW1).

The main reason not to change it: it’s a lot of effort to retrofit all the types of ways we use kits.

I’d definitely prefer a system in which kits could be split and combined into stacks. At the same time, I’m not sure it’s worth the time that ANet could usefully spend on other QoL improvements.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If anything I would say it’s a technical/thematic issue. Items either have a stack count or a use count but not both.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes