Salvage bag in inventory?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: sprhavkdogi.9408

sprhavkdogi.9408

Exactly as the title said. Thought about this while reading a post where people were complaining about having to salvage too much stuff from meta maps such kitten and the HoT maps.

Idea is rather simple. Take a salvage kit and use it on the bag icon to salvage everything in the bag. The salvage could be handled by having it salvage from left to right until either nothing is left or the kit runs out of uses. Ectos could be a problem though since they can be salvaged from a rare or exo and in turn be salvaged itself so if anyone has a good idea for handling that post it. Posting this to the GW2 reddit also in case either post gains some visibility.

Link to reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/478i17/possible_idea_use_salvage_kit_on_bag_to_salvage/

(edited by sprhavkdogi.9408)

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

you should clarify ‘inventory bag’. I read it as champ bag initially.

sprhavkdogi.9408

Done thanks for pointing that out

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I had the same thought at first. Immediately followed by “but what about precursors and other rare exotics that can drop from there? All you need is 1 person with ‘proof’ that they accidentally salvaged a precursor and we’ll never hear the end of it.”

The actual idea – salvaging everything in 1 section of your inventory in one go – sounds like a good idea, definitely something I’d find useful sometimes. But I think you should still have to click the confirmation windows to avoid the situation described above. I know no one reads them, but at least that way if you blindly salvage valuable items you can’t say you weren’t warned.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

sprhavkdogi.9408

Ya I’ve thought about that too, but then I think is it really necessary? Ya salvaging a pre is a bad thing and could happen, but it’s also said person’s fault for salvaging an entire bag without looking at what’s in it, but if it there was a way to open up a dialog box and pick which rares/exos to salvage when those are in the bags that could maybe work

Posted by: FlashAhAhh.4307

FlashAhAhh.4307

Great idea will never happen. People screamed about how it was Anets fault if they compacted bags accidentally let alone salvage the whole bag!!

I’d be happy enough if they just gave an option to remove the salvage warning for rares. Would make salvaging waaaaay quicker.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Maybe add an option to the options menue where you can choose “Auto-Salvage everything up to (basic, fine, masterwork, rare, exotic (except pres))” and then add a “salvage all” option to all salvage kits?

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

sprhavkdogi.9408

Maybe add an option to the options menue where you can choose “Auto-Salvage everything up to (basic, fine, masterwork, rare, exotic (except pres))” and then add a “salvage all” option to all salvage kits?

I like it