Salvage for Invader and Karma items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stora Ge.9207

Stora Ge.9207

Hi Guys,

I know there’s the upgrade extractor in the gem store, but the price on it is prohibitive for what I want to do. As I upgrade my chars to ascended armor/weapons, I’m left with exotics that have mods that are worth upwards of 10g each. This doesn’t cover the cost of an upgrade extractor, and I don’t care about the original item. Could we get an in-game or much cheaper gem store salvage kit that can remove upgrades from these types of armor, while destroying the armor (providing a disadvantage relative to the upgrade extractor)?

Thanks!

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Black Lion Salvage Kit is the way to go.
Could purchase it cheaply few days ago.
Those also tend to appear from time to time as a reward for completing Daily.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Black Lion Salvage Kit is the way to go.
Could purchase it cheaply few days ago.
Those also tend to appear from time to time as a reward for completing Daily.

Hmm, if I undestood the OP correctly, he was pointing that these items can’t be salvaged by the standard means (salvage kit), so he was asking for a special item to do that, am I right OP?

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Upgrade extractors are the worst valued item in the shop by a really hilarious factor. They should be 25 charge for their price and they are 1.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Upgrade extractors are the worst valued item in the shop by a really hilarious factor. They should be 25 charge for their price and they are 1.

They just are bad value for what you want to do with them. They are intended for infusions, not runes and sigils.

If you could get them at a gem price equal to 5g, guess what will happen?
Everybody will convert gold to gems in order to salvage 10g runes and sigil off their karma gear. This will inflate the gold/gem ratio and flood the market with runes and sigils.
Soon enough, you need to pay 7.5g to get the extractor becuase gems got more expensive and the runes and sigils only cost 7.5g.

Rinse and repeat.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: thomdane.3670

thomdane.3670

I do agree that we need some cost effective solution to being able to use the expensive runes/sigils that we place in certain gears (karma) that can’t be broken down. I don’t even want to be able to pull the item out to sell; I just wanted to be able to pull it out to put into my Ascended pcs as I make them. This used to be easily done with Transmutation Crystals, and prevented the inflation mentioned above. I could keep the look and stats of the item I wanted to use while moving the rune/sigil from the other piece by combining them. This was the era in which I made these Karma gears for my 2 mains which utilize Strength and Traveler Runes respectively. So, post April feature patch, I was stuck with 7 of each stuck in gears with no way to either get the runes out or “Transmute” them onto new gears the way we used to. I’m not saying straight salvage/extraction is the answer, because the inflation argument is 100% valid. What I am saying is that we do need some viable solution to this often overlooked issue that there used to be a perfectly viable system in place for.

I am Eredon Terrace
Order of the Blue Heron [OTBH]
Arathorn Cirdon – Warrior | Ariana Cirdon – Mesmer

Stora Ge.9207

I do agree that we need some cost effective solution to being able to use the expensive runes/sigils that we place in certain gears (karma) that can’t be broken down. I don’t even want to be able to pull the item out to sell; I just wanted to be able to pull it out to put into my Ascended pcs as I make them. This used to be easily done with Transmutation Crystals, and prevented the inflation mentioned above. I could keep the look and stats of the item I wanted to use while moving the rune/sigil from the other piece by combining them. This was the era in which I made these Karma gears for my 2 mains which utilize Strength and Traveler Runes respectively. So, post April feature patch, I was stuck with 7 of each stuck in gears with no way to either get the runes out or “Transmute” them onto new gears the way we used to. I’m not saying straight salvage/extraction is the answer, because the inflation argument is 100% valid. What I am saying is that we do need some viable solution to this often overlooked issue that there used to be a perfectly viable system in place for.

This exactly. I have an increasing amount of karma/invader armor with runes I would like to have been able to move directly to the new ascended armor (same applies to weapons, accessories, etc.).

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

This is why you never, ever buy armor or weapons with karma or badges. Buy it on the TP, or craft it, or get it from dungeons, or go naked.

Stora Ge.9207

They just are bad value for what you want to do with them. They are intended for infusions, not runes and sigils.

Everybody will convert gold to gems in order to salvage 10g runes and sigil off their karma gear. This will inflate the gold/gem ratio and flood the market with runes and sigils.
Soon enough, you need to pay 7.5g to get the extractor becuase gems got more expensive and the runes and sigils only cost 7.5g.

Rinse and repeat.

Then make it a merchant item at a fixed price, which destroys the item (too powerful if you make the item no longer soulbound, and ppl would end up dropping the item in the MF or selling to merchant if it stays soulbound). Make it not apply to infusions if that is the intent of the existing extractor, so ppl still need to use the extractor for the infusion, and can then remove whatever else with this new type of kit, which will also destroy the item. I can’t believe it would apply that much downward pressure on runes/sigils/etc., and imho a little downward pressure wouldn’t hurt. The prices of some of these items are pushing us into pay-to-win territory.

Stora Ge.9207

This is why you never, ever buy armor or weapons with karma or badges. Buy it on the TP, or craft it, or get it from dungeons, or go naked.

Now we know. At the time, who knew there would be ascended items (and possibly beyond ascended). Or even that such items couldn’t be salvaged for their parts. I think it’s a non-intuitive mechanic whose intention was to prevent conversion of karma/badges to gold, and not to consume upgrade components. That’s just speculation however.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

you can salvage those items in Mystic Forge.

It’s the best Salvage utility in game.

And it’s free.

:3

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

I would be happy with just being able to salvage it and getting nothing back apart from the sigil/upgrade. lolz

Posted by: Johnathan Ralston.5871

Johnathan Ralston.5871

Rinse and repeat.

Armor is armor and should be salvaged as armor. Your point is not strong enough to say otherwise.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Rinse and repeat.

Armor is armor and should be salvaged as armor. Your point is not strong enough to say otherwise.

Youre right, “Armor is armor” seems to be a much stronger point.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: azzy.6485

azzy.6485

Two options:

1) Use good, but not ideal cheaper sigils/runes in karma/wvw gear
2) Avoid buying karma/wvw gear if you care about using decent sigils/runes
Stop being cheap and buy the crafted version of the gear you are after if you want to use good sigils/runes. I mean, if you want to use 10g rune/sigils, why can’t you buy 5-6g exotics to put them in?

Karma/WvW tokens are largely worthless, it’s been that way since day 1 and little has changed. At least you can get a different variety of gear stats now, it used to be total junk except for some soldier gear.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Thats right folks! You heard it right here! It is YOUR fault the developers have a flawed extraction system! Shame on you players!

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Two options:

1) Use good, but not ideal cheaper sigils/runes in karma/wvw gear
2) Avoid buying karma/wvw gear if you care about using decent sigils/runes
Stop being cheap and buy the crafted version of the gear you are after if you want to use good sigils/runes. I mean, if you want to use 10g rune/sigils, why can’t you buy 5-6g exotics to put them in?

Karma/WvW tokens are largely worthless, it’s been that way since day 1 and little has changed. At least you can get a different variety of gear stats now, it used to be total junk except for some soldier gear.

So you’re saying that because they are worthless, we shouldn’t use? Why not give the proper attention to the topic em let Anet know that we want this gear to be useful?

I’ve been complaining about this for a year, 2 bank tabs full of WvW gear with sigils that I put in, but still no answer about it.