Salvaging Fine and Master items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyFrog.9742

SkyFrog.9742

So does it matter what item level they are? Does the item have to be level 80 to get essences of luck? I know that we can use any kind of salvaging kit, but idk about item levels….

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, they don’t have to be level 80, or any particular level.

Posted by: Turan.6810

Turan.6810

I was on my lvl 20 engineer yesterday and salvaged a lot of lvl 15-20 blues and greens and got essences of luck out of them. I didn’t do the math but I would say the rate was about 75%.

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

If the rate us the same wouldn’t it make more sense to sell lvl 80 gear for around 1.5s and use profit to buy a bunch of low lvl gear to salvage?

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Perhaps higher levels have a better chance of getting higher level essence of luck. I haven’t really tested as most of mine were 70-80 anyway, but would be interested to know.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

If the rate us the same wouldn’t it make more sense to sell lvl 80 gear for around 1.5s and use profit to buy a bunch of low lvl gear to salvage?

Depends do you need gold or do you need magic find. That is the best thing about it. You can choose what you need.

Do you need a % chance for more rares/exotics or more gold. I am still selling my greens for gold as I need the cash. Now blues I am not disappointed on getting though.

But then I am one of those players that never had a magic find set so I now have more magic find then I usually do.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Depends do you need gold or do you need magic find. That is the best thing about it. You can choose what you need.

Do you need a % chance for more rares/exotics or more gold. I am still selling my greens for gold as I need the cash. Now blues I am not disappointed on getting though.

But then I am one of those players that never had a magic find set so I now have more magic find then I usually do.

I happen to be the same way.