Salvaging Temple/Karma armour

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stupendous Man.4920

Stupendous Man.4920

Today I ran to Orr to grab six pieces of armour from temple of Melandru to use the runes in WvW. After spending 252,000 karma points I found out that I cannot salvage them. With the removal of the old transmutation system, I cannot transmute over the runes to my existing armour either.

I am rather peeved at this. I was told that ANet does not wish for players to be able to convert karma to money. Fair enough! And somehow the sale of Orrian Jewellery Boxes by the same vendors is not contradictory to this wish.

Since ANet is not against personal usage of the karma items, how about making the runes account bound and not giving anything else from salvaging them? Or at the very least, a “Not salvageable!” text in the item description?

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Can’t disagree with the last point – even nearly two years on, there are those who don’t know that it can’t be salvaged and a safeguard that obvious should help. We’d still get people who choose not to read it…. but that’s a different issue.

I wouldn’t mind seeing karma armour salvageable for just the chance at the rune (account bound), no materials, etc. That way people can get their upgrades out of them too when they respec.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

You can buy Upgrade extractors in the Gem Shop for this type of purpose. Even if its not what you want the option is STILL there and perfectly capable with obtaining through complete in game money through the exchange system. Karma items have never been salvageable.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Upgrade extractors cost more than just about any upgrade so (apart from superior sigil of generosity and karka slaying). So yeah, it’s there but it’s neither practical or viable in most cases and if a solution is impractical then it’s not a solution, IMO.

I’d agree fully with Chameleon Dude, I’d like to be able to salvage karma armour and weapons for the runes and sigils at least. That said, getting the regular mats from salvage wouldn’t be a bad idea either as the game could use a few good karma sinks.

Posted by: narwhalsbend.7059

narwhalsbend.7059

I want to get Ascended armor, but I have 60+ gold worth of runes on my temple armor.
Come on Anet.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I already deleted one toon with karma armor I plugged Perplexity runes into (that is over 60g gone). I have another toon I put the same runes into a set of karma armor, while I am not going to delete her I would like to repurpose the runes (I no longer need/want them).

Not very happy about this situation. It’s not like I am trying to game the system by converting karma into materials I can make money on, I just want the runes I bought myself retrievable.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

To OP on this issue:

1. You are correct that some compromise for being able to salvage the Karma / Badge obtained items needs to be introduced. However, not for the reasons you are upset about.
  2. Not being able to salvage karma items is NOT a new issue. Not being able to transmute upgrades onto other equipment is about 4 months old (and THAT is the reason players are now stuck with upgrades on these items that they cannot get off).
  3. You are NOT correct that what you intentionally tired to do is acceptable (Anet made that clear when they disallowed Karma item salvaging about 2 weeks after release of the game….THAT is NOT a new change). Spending your Karma to obtain a set of Runes for another set of armor is NOT what Temple armor was put into the game for. While I wouldn’t go so far as to call what you were attempting to do an “exploit” and I get you were trying to same some of your personal gold, others could use that method for financial gain (and for whatever reasons, Anet does not want that to become a “thing”).
  4. You are 100% at fault for not researching this situation further. ANY search on this issue would have found mutliple complaints on this forum and other sources that this situation IS present and has not been addressed (or even commented on by Anet that I’m aware of). I get your POed, but it’s nobody’s fault but yours.
We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

You are 100% at fault for not researching this situation further. ANY search on this issue would have found mutliple complaints on this forum and other sources that this situation IS present and has not been addressed (or even commented on by Anet that I’m aware of). I get your POed, but it’s nobody’s fault but yours.

I vehemently disagree. The lack of in-game information about what can and what cannot be salvaged (or put into the mystic forge for that matter) is ridiculous.

Posted by: Spiderbite.8049

Spiderbite.8049

you made it to Orr and spent 252k in Karma points without knowing Karma items cannot be salvaged?

That’s kinda something you learn before level 10. . .

“No, I don’t.”