Salvaging mystic clovers

Salvaging mystic clovers

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Anyone else besides me wish we could salvage mystic clovers for luck? I’ve got 91 clovers that have been sitting in my bank for about 2 years now, and chances are I’ll never use them because even after 2 years I still have not gotten a precursor drop and most likely never will (and no I will not buy one off the TP because I don’t want to give any of you my hard earned gold and they are way too expensive to me).

I know I’m not alone in this regard of getting the RNG shaft, so if we could at least have a use for clovers that would be great. Come on, be nice to us, ArenaNet. Let us use our clovers that we so painstakingly (and foolishly) got in hopes of putting them to good use. I really don’t want to sell them to the merchant for a few gold.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

If they had more use than just legendaries, I’d be fine with that. I find it weird how the recipe creates 10 (or 1) clovers, but you need 77 clovers to make gift of fortune. I know 77 is chosen cuz 7 is a lucky number and all, but it makes forging for them so odd.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Curious.
I wouldn’t even start making mystic clovers until I had gotten a precussor drop to make the effort worthwhile.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Yoroiookami.3485

Yoroiookami.3485

Yes, please. I have over 130 clovers just sitting in my bank, and that’s after I made Sunrise. Those are worth maybe 3g at a vendor and I don’t think it’s worth selling.

Would love to have something else to do with Mystic Clovers. Salvaging them into luck/ectoplasm would be a good start.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Mystic Clovers should be given additional uses.

That still doesn’t explain why anyone would be forging them when they didn’t need them though…

Server: Devona’s Rest

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Ayakaru.6583

Ayakaru.6583

why do you even have 91, you could’ve stopped at 77

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

That still doesn’t explain why anyone would be forging them when they didn’t need them though…

FYI Mystic Clover recipes can yield 11-40 tier 6 materials which are needed for legendary or for simple mystic forge gamble. Unfortunately the less lucky ones(or…maybe more lucky ones) end up with too many mystic clovers.

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

FYI Mystic Clover recipes can yield 11-40 tier 6 materials which are needed for legendary or for simple mystic forge gamble. Unfortunately the less lucky ones(or…maybe more lucky ones) end up with too many mystic clovers.

The Clover recipe is a net loss if your goal is T6 materials. You have much better options available for every single ingredient.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

The Clover recipe is a net loss if your goal is T6 materials. You have much better options available for every single ingredient.

Enlighten me.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

The proper response is that you can indeed salvage them.

You see you take the same salvage-kit you use for your ascended rings and use that.

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

Enlighten me.

Your Philosopher’s Stones are better spent upgrading fine materials, for example.
I’m not going to go over all of them as that would eat into my own profits but there are better options for each of the ingredients in a Clover attempt. Granted, those options may not produce the T6 directly, but they produce gold which can be used to acquire a greater number of T6 than the clover recipe will (given a large enough sample, of course).

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

Enlighten me.

Your Philosopher’s Stones are better spent upgrading fine materials, for example.
I’m not going to go over all of them as that would eat into my own profits but there are better options for each of the ingredients in a Clover attempt. Granted, those options may not produce the T6 directly, but they produce gold which can be used to acquire a greater number of T6 than the clover recipe will (given a large enough sample, of course).

You’re looking at the wrong recipe.

10 clovers:
- 10x Obsidian Shard
- 10x Mystic Coin
- 10x Glob of Ectoplasm
- 10x Crystal
Ultimately it costs nearly nothing. Profit doing it used to be pretty huge, but it is a gamble. Not to mention how much easier it was to get materials for my Sunrise.
People who do this have plenty of spare mystic clovers.

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

That’s the exact same recipe, just multiplied by 10. That’s an even worse option as it reduces your attempts and is therefore significantly more subject to bad runs (i.e. lots of clovers in a row).

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

That’s the exact same recipe, just multiplied by 10. That’s an even worse option as it reduces your attempts and is therefore significantly more subject to bad runs (i.e. lots of clovers in a row).

That’s actually untrue. These recipes aren’t the same. Also, the 10 Mystic Clover recipe is way more profitable.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover
Please check out the wiki before making silly statements.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Just out of curiosity, if you just sell 10 ecto and 10 mystic coins on TP, you can probably make enough gold to buy 5~10 T6 mat of your choice, why gamble it on MF if you don’t want clover?(knowing >50% of time it will be net loss, while rest just barely break even.)

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

That’s actually untrue. These recipes aren’t the same. Also, the 10 Mystic Clover recipe is way more profitable.

If you use the 10 recipe and get a Clover, you are actually getting 10 Clover rolls in a row.

If you use the 1 recipe 10 times, you are unlikely to get more than 4 Clover rolls.

Ergo, unless you are doing THOUSANDS of 10 recipes, your are BETTER OFF doing the 1 recipe as the single attempts will even out better over a smaller sample size.

Also, the inputs and outputs are identical between the 1 and 10 recipes, with the exception that the 10 requires and provides 10 times as many.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I’ve got about 30 mystic clovers right now…

All of them from Pvp.

These sit in my storage doing nothing. I’d love to have another use for them other than crafting a legendary which isn’t high on the wishlist.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I would recommend to hold onto them, since at some point in the future, they may be usable on other items. Hey, you never know with ANet!!!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Salvaging mystic clovers

Korossive.7085

I would recommend to hold onto them, since at some point in the future, they may be usable on other items. Hey, you never know with ANet!!!

Yes! Just like the blade-shards vendor, they may do the same thing and offer you dumb green items for them…

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Eventually say around 2034 you’ll be able to craft your own precursors, so hang on to them for Skritt’s sake.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

I could see that. I have been pursuing Sunrise. At this point, what left is to put the final 4 together to pop out that thing. But I choose not to. Got sick at looking at Sunrise while chasing it. Still waiting for these …. new legendaries they spoke of last last year.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Korossive.7085

I could see that. I have been pursuing Sunrise. At this point, what left is to put the final 4 together to pop out that thing. But I choose not to. Got sick at looking at Sunrise while chasing it. Still waiting for these …. new legendaries they spoke of last last year.

Good idea! … You’re smart.

Attachments:

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

If you use the 10 recipe and get a Clover, you are actually getting 10 Clover rolls in a row.

If you use the 1 recipe 10 times, you are unlikely to get more than 4 Clover rolls.

Ergo, unless you are doing THOUSANDS of 10 recipes, your are BETTER OFF doing the 1 recipe as the single attempts will even out better over a smaller sample size.

Also, the inputs and outputs are identical between the 1 and 10 recipes, with the exception that the 10 requires and provides 10 times as many.

I’m not sure how do you think this works. What do you mean by “better off”? Please explain your logic.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Make it, sell it, and still have enough gold to make another legendary in the future.

As for the OP, I wish mystic clovers could be used in lieu of another ingredient for some recipes. Or they could be changed to a currency to buy essence of luck or something else account bound and usable.

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

I’m not sure how do you think this works. What do you mean by “better off”? Please explain your logic.

Assume you have enough materials to do 1 10 clover recipe, which means you can also do 10 1 clover recipes.

The 10 clover recipe has a 30% chance to give you ONLY clovers (which you DON’T want).

The 1 clover recipe also has a 30% chance to give you a clover, but since you are doing it 10 times, the chance of you getting ONLY clovers is 0.00059% (30%^10).

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Assume you have enough materials to do 1 10 clover recipe, which means you can also do 10 1 clover recipes.

The 10 clover recipe has a 30% chance to give you ONLY clovers (which you DON’T want).

The 1 clover recipe also has a 30% chance to give you a clover, but since you are doing it 10 times, the chance of you getting ONLY clovers is 0.00059% (30%^10).

Props for trying to explain how this works to somehow who obviously seems intent on squeezing their eyes shut and muttering to themselves over and over “My way is more profitable… My way is more profitable” while ignoring the science of statistics and probabilities.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Yoroiookami.3485

I appreciate your math, although this doesn’t agree with you:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Clover/Drop_rate
As you can see the difference is barely around 1% in mystic clover rate. Not to mention, I even wrote some examples down:
10 Clover Recipe
12 tries gives 30 clovers
24 tries gives 60 clovers
16 tries gives 50 clovers
1 Clover Recipe
116 tries gives 45 clovers
252 tries gives 77 clovers
167 tries gives 44 clovers

As you can see, you often get the same/higher amount of clovers from 1 Clover Recipe. And if you add wasted time, it isn’t really worth it imo. That is unless there is something wrong with my logic and these statistics.

Props for trying to explain how this works to somehow who obviously seems intent on squeezing their eyes shut and muttering to themselves over and over “My way is more profitable… My way is more profitable” while ignoring the science of statistics and probabilities.

Well here’s the science of statistics:
And it clearly shows that the difference is so significant it’s not worth mentioning. Also, why are you criticizing me for asking for explanation? I honestly didn’t understand his point and he didn’t show me any sort of proof to believe him. I guess you have some sort of personal issues, or maybe you forgot to take your pills. Please reconsider posting something as pointless as this the next time you feel lonely and sad.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As someone who has no intention of getting any of the current Legendaries, but who’s got a small and growing stash of Mystic Clovers thanks to the PvP Reward Tracks, I agree it would be nice if there was something we could do with them. No big issue though; at the current rate of acquisition, I’ll be playing GW2 for at least another 3 years before I have a full stack of them.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

And how is the chance of getting 10 Charged Lodestones with the 10 Clover Recipe compared to getting 10 Charged Lodestones in a row with the 1 Clover Recipe?

Good and bad odds all even out, both recipes are the same.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

As you can see the difference is barely around 1% in mystic clover rate. Not to mention, I even wrote some examples down:
10 Clover Recipe
1 Clover Recipe

As you can see, you often get the same/higher amount of clovers from 1 Clover Recipe. And if you add wasted time, it isn’t really worth it imo. That is unless there is something wrong with my logic and these statistics.

Well here’s the science of statistics:
And it clearly shows that the difference is so significant it’s not worth mentioning. Also, why are you criticizing me for asking for explanation? I honestly didn’t understand his point and he didn’t show me any sort of proof to believe him. I guess you have some sort of personal issues, or maybe you forgot to take your pills. Please reconsider posting something as pointless as this the next time you feel lonely and sad.

Think of it this way. If you have only 10 obi shards, and you throw all 10 in at once for a shot at t6 mats, that gives you only 1 attempt to get the result you want.

If you throw 1 obi shard in a total of 10 separate times, that gives you 10 rolls to get the results you want.

For 20 shards, you could throw 10x shards in for two rolls, or 20 individual shards for a total of 20 rolls for the results you want.

So yes, even though the drop rate is the same, you spread your chances out over more rolls, which means you can come closer to the average drop rate and have less of a chance at being an outlier.

Salvaging mystic clovers

mtpelion.4562

10 Clover Recipe
1 Clover Recipe

Nothing wrong with the statistics, the point I’m trying to make is that you will be closer to the average drop rates using the 1 recipe rather than the 10 recipe because the 10 recipe has 1/10 the number of attempts (because it uses 10 times the materials).

If you were playing a slot machine that lets you put in $1 or $10 and you only have $10 on you, would you rather play $1 ten times (for ten chances to win) or $10 one time (for one chance to win)? Yes, your potential winnings are larger playing $10, however your chance of winning NOTHING is also larger when you play $10. The $1 play will give you more chances to win, so it is the better play.

Now, if you have $1,000 to spend on the slot machine, the $10 play makes more sense from a time saving standpoint, plus you are getting 100 attempts now which severely lessens the impact of deviation.

Salvaging mystic clovers

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

The reason I have so many was because for a while there I was actively trying for a second legendary and went ahead and took the time to make some clovers. I was determined that I was going to make 2 more, but I figured I could at least knock out the clovers. By the time I hit 91 I gave up. I have most of the other components ready, but that kittening precursor… So, I got smart and quit making any more effort towards a legendary until I got a precursor first.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!