Salvaging wvw items

Salvaging wvw items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Can someone put me out of my misery? the search facility being what it is….

im sure I heard somewhere that wvw token armour is becoming salvageable? Im considering getting some of the skins alongside karma gear as I have a surplus of both currency. But I don’t know if I should wait until HOT or if any wvw gear reverts to salvageable after a certain date?

Also ive found a kitten load of unidentifiable dyes on a mule I never really log onto – it must have been when they made dyes account bound – I have almost no master or rare Dyes – should I sell these and buy the dyes I like ( and I like some quite expensive dyes like enamelled) or use them myself?

Full Disclosure – I have the worst RNG. Thanks!

Salvaging wvw items

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

WvW items will become salvageable with HoT. You will only get their upgrade components, runes and sigils, no materials from it. The logical thing is that old WvW gear will also become salvageable but maybe a dev can verify it.

Salvaging wvw items

Posted by: Pink Ninja Man.4375

Pink Ninja Man.4375

The WvW gear will become salvageable, link to the post below.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/WvW-gear-salvage/first#post5452392

Twitch – PinkNinjaMan [/\///\/_//\]
Main Class – Ranger [Bezerker/Trapper Hybrid]
Main Mode – WvW [Gate of Madness]

Salvaging wvw items

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

im sure I heard somewhere that wvw token armour is becoming salvageable? Im considering getting some of the skins alongside karma gear as I have a surplus of both currency. But I don’t know if I should wait until HOT or if any wvw gear reverts to salvageable after a certain date?

Also ive found a kitten load of unidentifiable dyes on a mule I never really log onto – it must have been when they made dyes account bound – I have almost no master or rare Dyes – should I sell these and buy the dyes I like ( and I like some quite expensive dyes like enamelled) or use them myself?

On the dyes. If you Identify them, maybe you’ll get a few masterwork or a rare or two, but the majority are going to be dyes worth ~2 silver, out of your ~80 silver unid dyes. You won’t get enameled, only the dyes that were available at launch. Unless you want to gamble you’re better off selling and buying the ones you want with the gold you get.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Salvaging wvw items

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

On the dyes. If you Identify them, maybe you’ll get a few masterwork or a rare or two, but the majority are going to be dyes worth ~2 silver, out of your ~80 silver unid dyes. You won’t get enameled, only the dyes that were available at launch. Unless you want to gamble you’re better off selling and buying the ones you want with the gold you get.

In general, now is a bad time to sell dyes, be it identified or not, because the market was flooded during the anniversary sale.

I would wait at least a couple of weeks.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.