Same bots same place week later?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

There’s bots on ehmry bay server # Content moderated # and there all outside a post in ore doing the same repeat killing thing, Its a little disheartening to see them there a week later like it was a minute ago. Anet please employ a ban hammer squad!!!# Content moderated #

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Adzy.8370

Adzy.8370

dont worry there is a ban hammer but they aren’t banning bots they are banning players for swearing.

Posted by: Von Adder.2487

Von Adder.2487

The game is flooded with bots at the moment and we have not heard a peep from Anet about what they are doing about it!

Bots that have been reported by both me and friends from the opening few days are still doing their automated things all over and as of yet i have not seen a single reported bot removed.

Guild Wars 1 was flooded with bots right up till the release of Guild Wars 2, about 80% of the “players” in pvp were in fact bots, this has me worried for GW2’s future, if Anet are not curtailing this infection now then the situation is going to get worse and worse!

The inclusion of a ingame “shop” will only cause the situation to escalate and if the problems lie within the game engine and infastructure of Anet itself….well!

To reiterate, bots were a common site throughout the lifespan of GW1 and i don’t think they will be going away in GW2 anytime soon!

Posted by: Stevoli.8795

Stevoli.8795

Same experience here, I’ve reported 2 bots that were just standing in one area swinging their weapons over and over and over. They’ve been in that same place for the past week now, every day.

Not sure why they can’t just look at a log and say “oh yeah, they’ve been pressing the 1 key for the past 120 hours every 2 seconds, it’s a bot, ban it.”

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

If you think a player is breaking the in-game Code of Conduct, please use the in-game report feature or contact customer support.

I will now close this thread.

Thank you.