Sanctum Sprint

Sanctum Sprint

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Boreslayer.6204

Boreslayer.6204

Is there something wrong with this mini game or is it just me? I often get rubber banded in it e.g. i move to a certain point but suddenly i get teleported back to where i was 1-3s before. Also, is there something wrong with the number 3 skill? It oftens over or underjumps me. I don’t think it was lag as i’ve done dungeons, open world events without lag before i entered the sprint.

Sanctum Sprint

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

First of all, there is a bit of lag sometimes, and it causes problems. Let’s pretend you’re running along and you hit a fake power up (which happens frequently). If you’re even slightly lagged, you’ll be back to the last check point without seeing that you died, when in fact you died. This has happened to me a few times.

The three skill has two different modes. One of them takes you to a tower if a tower is nearby (the skill icon changes when near a tower), the other mode is ground targeted.

All I can think of off hand.

Sanctum Sprint

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Yes, it does have some strange parts and it is very lag sensitive.

For example that part where you jump across multiple platforms/towers with 3 skill very often resets you back to the previous waypoint without any obvious reason. It has happened to me many times without any fake power ups to be seen and even with grounded buff on so possible invisible fake power ups would not harm me. It helps to have a little pause between jumps so the server/client/whatever can keep up with your real position.

If you seem to have lag, you have to take it a bit slower and try to make every jump “clearer” to prevent the rubberbanding. The lag is there even if you have not noticed it in other parts of the game. Sprint has A LOT more moving, jumping, running, dashing, flashing and dodging obstacles than anything else.

Sanctum Sprint

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Boy if I had a dollar for every time I hit the #1 skill at the edge of a platform, only to have a 1sec delay and run off to my death, and then, when approaching the same jump, anticipate the lag and hit the #1 skill early, only to underjump to my death. Just can’t catch a break. The lag really is a pain in Sanctum Sprint.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Sanctum Sprint

Posted by: Yoji.1420

Yoji.1420

I think this will be down to your internet connection, while you may not experience it in other areas of the game, Sanctum Sprint relies on some rather precise positioning’s and timing for skill activation, any delay in the clients connection to the server could result in some noticeable rubber banding as most of the moves act as ‘super speed/teleports’, example below;

If you are moving at 1m per second and you have a delay of 0.2s you will snap 20cm back.
If you are moving at 5m per second and you have a delay of 0.2s you will snap 1m back, much more noticeable.