Save and Load builds

Save and Load builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZioMick.2341

ZioMick.2341

Is there any plan (I hope not so “future” plan) to implement a way to Save and Load Builds (i.e.: Traits and Utilities Skills) like there was in Guild Wars 1?

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

This would be so nice, I was hoping for this for a long time now.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: ShadowGryphon.6257

ShadowGryphon.6257

Seconded.
I’d love to see this brought over to GW2.

If someone is talking behind your back… Fart.
North Alabama Guild Wars Players
http://tinyurl.com/y9hj2h4b

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Do a google search for forum threads on templates, build savers, etc and you’ll find plenty of discussion of this. ANet said they thought it was a nice idea but weren’t working on it for HoT; I don’t think they’ve subsequently said anything more about any plans for it.

But believe me, they do know how fervently players want this.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

This is the 1,562,297th thread on this topic. And I’m thankful! I wish this topic would be posted every hour until Anet finally gives us what we want. They learned how useful it was in GW1. It should have been in GW2 from the start.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

I also would want to see this. Instead of grinding between build swaps, one could just load the build up from record. People have varying play styles, and having a save feature allows one to expand that play style while maintaining their favorites.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

With recent QoL improvements at the community’s request, keeping this thread on the first page give it a reasonable chance of happening alongside one of the LW3 episodes.

It would also be nice if it also remembered gear so I don’t have to manually swap out 6 armor pieces and 4-6 trinkets.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Jaesin.7483

Jaesin.7483

As an avid GW player, this is all I have ever asked for since GW2 started. I witnessed all the different changes to the build/trait scheme and now that they finally have their final cut, this should easily be a feature. Although I enjoy making and trying out new builds, I play all professions and it’s not reasonable to memorize every single trait and writing them down just tend to become unorganized or lost. I’ve already posted on the forums about this a couple times throughout the past few years and it’s good to see others are interested in it too. So I’m still pleading to Anet to make this happen!

Save and Load builds

Posted by: thuras.4537

thuras.4537

I would love this feature!
It would make things so much easier.
I now have screenshots of all my different builds for all my characters in a folder

Seeing a Charr burn gives a whole new perspective to the word charcoal

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

If i recall, i think they said. It is not working for some reason, I think the same as color armor save or load

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Yes please add this feature. It is so annoying to make a good build and forget it. I’ve made hundreds of variations I wish I remembered and labled for certain situations.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Save and Load builds

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

We should make a topic about this every day. With all the different builds that the game has to offer, how is it that such an important feature hasn’t been implemented yet?

Save and Load builds

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Just doesn’t seem practical. It’s 20 clicks at most.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Since people want this feature SO bad, I think the most likely prospect is Anet will use it as a selling point for a future expac. I just hope they include it on the next one, and not in the third or fourth.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Save and Load builds

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I do know alot of people have gone so far as to create an additional class they already have, just so they can save time switching the gear and traits. So this change would be great.

Save and Load builds

Posted by: cakemonkey.6347

cakemonkey.6347

My theory is same as above this is going to be included with next expansion. Selling point.

Along with the wardrobe system for tonics and toys and the key ring people keep asking for.