Save our spawns!<3 GW2community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moped.8671

Moped.8671

I can see why the amount of times that the bosses spawn has been reduced but with the times and the cost of spawning these bosses at the moment, it means that we won’t be able to do this content anymore. It will take A lot of a guild resources to do this and after that, guilds won’t be able to do anything else. I also feel that it will also hinder any new guilds trying to do Hard-Core, Mega-Organized Events like these in the future.

Posted by: Kokulion.7519

Kokulion.7519

I agree, this make way more sense than the current timetable

Posted by: Dobie.7261

Dobie.7261

As member of GW2Community I totally agree with and support this thread.

Posted by: Akerhage.5419

Akerhage.5419

As member of GW2Community I totally agree with and support this thread.

Posted by: dnyyy.5324

dnyyy.5324

As one of the Wurm Commanders and a member of the GW2 EU Community i fully agree with what said there.

The mega server is a nice idea (tbh i liked most of them) but there were so much changes on the timers it’s getting hard to do organized attempts. We can do only one attempt per night, and the cost to summon world bosses is really expensive, forcing us to spend our money or asking people of the community to contributes.
That’s not the idea of community we want to build, and i’d appreciate if could have more attempts in prime time, have a reduced cost on spawning world boss events, or why not get back to the old system for those 3 megasuperhardcoreofthedead events as you call them

Thanks for listening to your players !

Commander Erza R [EVE]
Crimson Wurm is best Wurm

(edited by dnyyy.5324)

Posted by: Kvothe.1467

Kvothe.1467

I disagree. This community is toxic to humanity. All the people that represent it should not be given any consideration. Trust me when I tell you, their wealth is counterfeit.

I feel emotions when I think about you.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

As a TTS leader, I personally support this post. While this new system should benefit communities like us, it’s currently hindering what we’re used to being able to do. Being able to retry wurm quickly after a failure is nice and will probably increase the amount of communities in the wurmslayers club (did we get anyone new recently?) but the current implementation of this system is incredibly stupid.

I highly agree on Wurm being first in line on the spawn list instead of karka. Tequatl can be set up in 30 mins easily, karka queens needs no set-up time (why the hell is it even counted as a Mega-boss). However the wurm usually requires a full 1 hour set-up in order to succeed as there is a lot to go over with newcomers.

The fact that you EU guys got a crappy spawn window sucks as well and I hope anet changes it.

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

I disagree. This community is toxic to humanity. All the people that represent it should not be given any consideration. Trust me when I tell you, their wealth is counterfeit.

Change your godkitten signature traitor ^^

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

Posted by: Cornelius.3167

Cornelius.3167

As a member of GW2Community i totally agree and support this thread!

Posted by: MrBlackCreep.1803

MrBlackCreep.1803

As a world boss commander of gw2community.com I totally agree with this thread!

Amber Worm is best Wurm <3

Posted by: Zohane.7208

Zohane.7208

As a member of the EU Community and of EVE, I fully support this.

Gunnar’s Hold
Guild Leader for Tyria Liberation Council [TLC]

Posted by: Gemmell.2179

Gemmell.2179

Really well written post!

As part of the GW2 eu community i really hope that this post is read by the Dev’s and listened to. Before i found my way into the GW2 eu community (deso) i never really had the chance to take part in any of the BIG world events and i fear that with these suggestions not being taken into account GW2 community’s all over might find to hard to stay together and/or disband and that would be a kitten shame!

Thanks to all the GW2 community leaders that have taken the time to look at these new changes and much respect for them trying to implement changes

Posted by: Uriel.6310

Uriel.6310

I even consider this a problem for any body who may not have the time to meet each of these time constraints now that the world bosses sit on. So I definitely agree and would like to see these changes made!

GW2 was never made to be more innovative than other MMOs, it was made to be different than GW1.

Posted by: Buntaga.3170

Buntaga.3170

I agree, but even if they move the time a bit it won’t it any less inconvenient for most people. Adding another spawn time during the primetime would be ideal.

(edited by Buntaga.3170)

Posted by: Stormwolf.8567

Stormwolf.8567

What the OP wrote

Posted by: Norelli.9865

Norelli.9865

As a member of the [EVE] and the eu community, I fully agree with all of Mkkoll’s suggestions. As we used to do the Wurm event 7 days a week, often several times per evening, something needs to be changed with this new schedule and/or the activation cost. The activation cost is simply too high for the guilds that only focuses on these hard events, because many of these guilds (i think) dont have full-rep-requirement. To be able to do these events and spawn them every day, the cost defenately needs to be a lot lower.

(edited by Norelli.9865)

Posted by: bringo.7190

bringo.7190

I feel that part of what ANet is trying to do here is to make mega hard world bosses be a “reward” for playing the game. As in, you are in a active guild, so now as a reward you can summon this big giant monster and do the most fun fight in the game. The problem is that just won’t work in the current system because of the following:
a) That big giant monster isn’t actually rewarding. If you want to make us do extra work to spawn them then we need it to be worth it. Everyone knows that currently you mostly just get a couple of blues and greens. Fighting them already was inconvenient due to the lack of private overflows and 2 hour waits for spawns. which combined with the crappy rewards means that not so many people participate in this content. Basically we were doing it for fun. You just made it even more inconvenient however and that can only turn additional people off. I just don’t understand why you would want to do this.
b) Guilds in GW2 don’t really work like the system would assume. A lot of us have “main” guilds which is just the group of poeple we started playing with or joined after release. Apart from WvW guild they were never set up for any particular goal in the game. This is why guilds like TTS, TXS, Att, EvE, NiP, Wums etc got created. As we can see none of those “main” guilds are doing this content because most of the people in them simply aren’t interested. The problem is that they are actually the ones with the resources to spawn the bosses. The guilds interested in the bosses can’t do it, the ones not interested can. I don’t think I need to explain why that is kind of stupid.

So +1 for the suggestions presented by the OP. Especially reducing the cost and the +1 hour shift would really solve the issues for EU.

Also this isn’t meant to be a whine. This post was created because we are a group of people who really like this game and don’t want stupid details like this turning people off it.

Posted by: Jaykay.4625

Jaykay.4625

Totally agree! +1!

Posted by: Squirrelfanatic.5679

Squirrelfanatic.5679

Well said, Astralsporing. Fully agree.

Posted by: CrockyClockwork.4095

CrockyClockwork.4095

+1 Wholeheartedly agree with post.

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

as a member of eve i really prefer have the hard boss every 2 hours

Posted by: Munjem Malika.5678

Munjem Malika.5678

As a member of the GW2Community, i fully agree!

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

indeed I totally agree, give guilds more freedom on spawning wurm/tequatl/karka. Or multiple attempts at primetime

Posted by: Daihe.8275

Daihe.8275

Agreeing with my whole being!

Posted by: Judylst.3861

Judylst.3861

As a EU player, I totally agree with what Mikkoll said.

Tsubasa/Tomomi Sasaki – Desolation
Darkness Exorcist [DSXT]

Posted by: Terra.9837

Terra.9837

Without the support of the GW2 Community, for which I am grateful, I doubt I would have been able to participate successfully in the mega boss events. Thank you all.

I fully support the suggestions made in this thread and agree that the current schedule is too restritive, not only to existing communities who organise this type of event but also to those communities who are trying to learn it. In addition as a EU player agree that Teq and Karka would be better spawned after the Wurm.

Posted by: BIG bad Bull.5690

BIG bad Bull.5690

on the personal level Worldbosses will be something for when i’m in vacation and not on holiday, if i remember by then.
The timing is totally wrong.
I Cannot count on my guild to spawn it as the cost is way to high for a small relly casual guild.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

As an EU player who previously did regular runs of Tequatl, Wurms and Karka Queen, particularly enjoying the coordinated fights of Teq and Wurms, these times are now impossible for me to reach.

Anet risks losing an enormous number of players by alienating them with their ridiculous timetable. I wholeheartedly support the OP’s thoughts

Posted by: shawnyckz.2479

shawnyckz.2479

As and Officer and World Boss Commander of the GW2community I fully support this. As it is now many of our members do not have the ability to play during these hours and before we would have the freedom of staying in the map for the next spawn if our first attempt failed. Now until one of our guilds builds the upgrade we wont have a second attempt which does not seem fair on those that have been participating. Often with these events in particular the three-headed wurm just 1 person not paying attention can cost a kill. Believe me I have seen it happening on Cobalt wurm plenty of times.

While I do participate in these harder bosses I am also a casual player I am a student with a job also and cannot always play to a schedule, as are many other players with university or full time jobs. Personally I do not see what was wrong with the previous spawn times at least for three-headed wurm, tequatl and karka queen, I feel only letting each region have 1 ‘prime-time’ spawn is a little ridiculous. I personally do not know of anyone that would be attempting Wurm at 5am CET and most players would probably be at work/school etc for the 2:30pm CETspawn also, this leaves one spawn time that will probably still be too early for some people. I live in the UK and we are currently in BST however when it comes to winter time again Wurm will spawn at 6pm for me, most players that are older than highschool age (around 17) will only just be getting in from work/university etc around this time and will not be able to participate at all as the maps will be full by then.

And with this we come to the new guild upgrade to spawn world bosses. Our community is made up of several world boss guilds that are quite large in the number of players they have. However these guilds are non-rep as they are purely for these world bosses and so most players only represent them during these fights. Due to this they do not have an endless supply of influence and merits to spawn these bosses as many do not have the required requisite of guild challenge. As an officer in a reasonably sized guild I can say that our own guild could possibly contribute 1 maybe 2 spawns a week due to the cost it is to get each consumable. This consumable needs to be more affordable for smaller guilds to get it themselves, as it is 10K influence AND 20 merits seems too much. Especially since to spawn all 3 bosses we would need 30K influence and 60 merits per day! Since the maximum number of merits that can be earned per week from doing all missions (including trek which most guilds don’t run after challenge is unlocked) is 110 this means we can spawn all three bosses for 1 day of the week. Merits should either be excluded from this consumable or reduced significantly.

I think I have reiterated the main issues Mkkoll has raised and I really do hope A-net takes this into consideration as I know we are not the only community with these concerns. Apart from this however the new patch is amazing! ^^

Mous̩y РGuardian & Mouse Was Taken/Magnanimouse РEle
Guild Leader of Tyrian Elite Unit [TEU] & Team Leader @ gw2community.com

Posted by: Thanh.5927

Thanh.5927

I should say 8pm CEST is the best time for me because it’s before french prime time and I have free time before. But considering most people can’t really do that, I can only agree with everyone.
There’s too many restrictions to those large scale events.
- 3 spawns / 24h = one at work, one during diner and 1 on bedtime
- Guilds events cost way to much even for a full fledge guild so it’s impossible to trigger 3 events regularly for multi server/guild communities like us. The cost will also increase with every new world boss events.

FR / EU Community Footman – official amber (best wurm) diboofer
Les Amazones D Ascalon [AA]
Europe Versus Evironment [EVE]

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

I would love to see some kind of reply from ANet.

We are trying to give contructive feedback and keep the discussion going forward, however does it begin to feel futile with the lack of answers.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

Posted by: Cealla.8547

Cealla.8547

I strongly support the considerations and suggestions mentioned in this thread.

As someone who works during standard business hours I am only playing in the evenings (CET). Especially with the announced changes to the spawing times (only posted in the german forums) I will never again be able to participate in any of the mega bosses events.

I cannot see how the current implementation can bring guilds and communities together, but instead separating them further and destroying communities like the GW2Community. Even of now there are statements like “we will only spawn the boss for our guild, not for a community”.

I for myself am not sure which of the suggested changes would work best (perhaps some combined), but any change would be an improvement.

(edited by Cealla.8547)

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

/support from PSDH

Posted by: Lelling.6795

Lelling.6795

I wholeheartedly agree with everything said in the original post. These changes alone (which don’t really require any drastic system changes) should resolve most of the problems that world boss slaying guilds and communities (TxS, GW2community) are now experiencing.

Cyan Vei | whole bunch of other alts
[DV] Leader, OpenCommunity admin

Posted by: memeMichi.4201

memeMichi.4201

As a member of gw2community I completely agree with the proposed solutions to the issues regarding the new event schedule.

Posted by: Eucalypta.4701

Eucalypta.4701

I also, as a co- member of the [EVE] and the EU community support this announcement.
This “exclusiveness-rule” is just too much…

Posted by: Hooj.9215

Hooj.9215

I totaly agree.

Posted by: VernoDito.6352

VernoDito.6352

As a member of GW2 Eu community, i fully support this proposition.
The timers are far from ideal, basically rendering 2 out of the 3 spawn times practically useless. Please look into this Anet, so the Wurm can remain viable and played content.

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

So say we all !

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

We all need to support this.

It’s absurd Anet, Absurd this limitations! We need events to afford people that work and study to be able to do them, not the opposite like you just did. The TS teams that try this events are very small and with thousands of players trying for like 2-3 tries at a time in 150 limited maps… You must figure how much people is being kicked out of this events.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Vex.3021

Vex.3021

I support this.

Posted by: Jonny Hood.1786

Jonny Hood.1786

+1
I totaly agree!

SRY for my poor English ;)

Posted by: Sovereign.9016

Sovereign.9016

I agree too. These suggestions are great!

Posted by: The Flaminator.3879

The Flaminator.3879

As one of the members and wurm commanders for [DV](Gandara) I agree with the points made in this thread. This change hurts us alot.

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

for me as a commander i got much negativ feedback for the new spawn timer after the people ask me when people ask me when we will try the wurm :/

same for me..i agree hard with this points !

Orga for [WUMS]

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

I have nothing against these “raid” bosses spawning a bit less frequently every day because I feel that can add to their “epicness”, but these spawn times they gave us every 8 hours aren’t good. They should each spawn 3 times during prime/evening time instead of middle of the night and during lunch time as these two won’t ever be popular and serve no practical purpose. If not then the guild summoning requirements need to be drastically reduced to ensure everyone can get enough tries at them.

The current summon prices seem to be taking it for granted that we will actually kill the wurm every day of the week for that price, but for people still practicing the fight this is too much as they could really use multiple consecutive tries for practice and now with the current prices they will easily drain all of their resources in 2-3 days, then spend 2+ weeks getting more merits and influence before they can try again.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I have nothing against these “raid” bosses spawning a bit less frequently every day because I feel that can add to their “epicness”, but these spawn times they gave us every 8 hours aren’t good. They should each spawn 3 times during prime/evening time instead of middle of the night and during lunch time as these two won’t ever be popular and serve no practical purpose. If not then the guild summoning requirements need to be drastically reduced to ensure everyone can get enough tries at them.

The current summon prices seem to be taking it for granted that we will actually kill the wurm every day of the week for that price, but for people still practicing the fight this is too much as they could really use multiple consecutive tries for practice and now with the current prices they will easily drain all of their resources in 2-3 days, then spend 2+ weeks getting more merits and influence before they can try again.

10000000000000000000% Agree.

The multiple tries before the main try give us the opportunity to train and teach the new players at the event how-to, yesterday it failed because too many people and we didn’t had any run before to teach them, what is half way gone to fail.
The guild costs for this things are absurdly high to point it’s not viable even for a guild dedicated to do Wurm only.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Glusch.4806

Glusch.4806

Been a memeber of [TxS] since the start. I totally agree with the points mentioned by the above poster. The megaserver might be a good idea in generall, but the new system has badly damaged the possibility to do world events. Anet you should seriously reconsider this!

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Totally agree with topic author.

These changes might be good in some part, but they totally killed almost all hard bosses attempts. And not just because of the time they occur. I doubt that was the intent of ANet, but thats just what happened.

Posted by: aimasira.3786

aimasira.3786

i agree that that the spawns and the timers have to be changed
for me i will not be able to do the karka queen due to my work, ty anet for that

please listen to these ppl and fix this

p.s: you put the wurm 3 times a day. i have waited for over an hour doing nothing waiting for it and the cobalt was bugged and not registering any kegs. at least fix the problem first and then put them on schedule, i could justdo pvp for 2 hours rather than nothing

(edited by aimasira.3786)