Save our spawns!<3 GW2community

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alaia Skyhawk.5064

Alaia Skyhawk.5064

I agree totally with the original post. As a Commander for [DV], who also lives in the uk, the current spawn times are far from ideal. To have the Wurm spawn at 6pm in winter will make it almost certain I can take no part in it at all.

Also, I agree with the statement that the order of spawning needs to be changed to Wurm -> Tequatl -> Karka. Wurm takes a LOT of organising to get everyone set and ready for the attempt, and it’s just not feasable to fit it in after a Teq kill. It’s also, in my opinion, utterly daft to have the Megabosses spawning during early morning and midday, because NO ONE is going to kill them at those hours.

If the events are a “big” load on the servers, wouldn’t it make sense to have that load put at the times when it’s going to do some good, instead of being a waste of resources?

At the very least, Anet, if you won’t change the timers to a better slot, make the consumables to summon them cheaper. 10k Influence and 20 Merits is far too expensive for the community.

Posted by: Gabriele.4032

Gabriele.4032

All the suggestions makes sense. I agree too.

Posted by: I See No Tomorrow.7302

I See No Tomorrow.7302

This makes perfect sense, please implement at least one of these suggestions or some form of them.

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

+1 op! Everything you’ve said rings true

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

Posted by: Idun.4231

Idun.4231

+1 here as well as everything said here is true.

Anet please DON’T ruin the community that you have helped to build with the world bosses. Gandara, the server i play on, has been very close quite a few times to killing the worm, but we still don’t get any flaming or shouting in map chat or on TS about who’s fault it was.

‘’Oh well we try again’’ is what is said. This is due to you Anet and our commanders that have bought us all together, so you must agree that this needs to be looked at and something done about it. The community needs your help here Anet please don’t let us down.

Posted by: PheNaxKian.2063

PheNaxKian.2063

+1. I’m based in the UK with a full time job, the only “big 3” kill I can make is the evening wurm, and when we put the clocks back later in the year, I won’t even be able to make that.

Posted by: NywrebNhoj.8936

NywrebNhoj.8936

+1. I am also in the UK and I’ve now gone from attempting the Wurm twice, then Tequatl and finally Karka Queen to now just getting home in time for the wurm (if the map isn’t full). This is a great disappointment as these are some of the main reasons I log in most days. Please can the suggestions raised by the OP please be given serious consideration as this has had a large negative impact on my enjoyment of the game I’ve loved since release.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yip agree with everything DV has highlighted.. these changes have done nothing but hurt the event for communities and guild costs are simply too expensive considering the amount of successful runs that actually get accomplished.

ANET .. its fine reducing the amount of spawn times for these events, it keeps them popular, but every 8 hrs is too harsh and the times you have chosen are simply too restrictive for the majority of the community imo… maybe every 6 hrs preferably 4hrs spawning but please the love of all things GW2 adjust these silly timings.

Posted by: Molfishy.4507

Molfishy.4507

+1. I agree.

We’d thank you a lot if,
1. You’d change the amount how much you need to pay for the hardcore world events to appear. It naturally gives the general payer a feeling “ugh, I’m paying for this while others are doing this for free.” Or something similar, the payer wouldn’t like doing the event as much. Or change what you’d have to do in order for the events to appear, like do a guild activity and finishing it gives you an option for example to get an item to summon Tequatl, Three Headed Wurm or Karka. I think it would be pretty fun and rewarding.

2. The timers of these 3 hardcore world events to more appropriate timers for EU players or increase the amount on how many times the event will appear, I liked really a lot the 2-3 hour timer before window, it gave the perfect time to organize and prepare for the next attempt if one of these hardcore events failed for instance. Even if the events would appear quite often, it doesn’t matter because you can simply advertise in map chat, guilds and these kind of chats, it had no problems and it was free, everyone happy. To increase the effectiveness of the advertising of something like, we are doing (insert event name here, the timer and the day.) Players could for instance get a notification somewhere on your screen, there could be a list of map messages of the day in each map, the writers of the messages could be like commanders and officers of big guilds for example or have an own map, say, like Great Temple of Balthazar in Guild Wars 1, where there were the daily activity banners, and other general stuff, something like that could be an example place for these meta world event notifications. For example, there would be banners for each event and when you click one of these banners, you can choose firstly to get a quest or quests for the event you chose to do, secondly you can see for example what guilds are doing the events and when they are doing it and you can accept the offers of the guild you chose to do, and when the event is happening, you get a notification at that time. That can give a simple option for the player that, "okay I’m doing this hardcore event, and I’m doing it this time and that day, let me see who are doing it that time. Alright, this guild is doing it that time and that day, let me go there then! And when he or she has accepted it he or she can just wait for the notification and when it comes, he or she can go there and join for the event.

That’s my thoughts!.

(edited by Molfishy.4507)

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

The lack of response from ANet on any of the criticisms regarding the 4/15 patch is unnerving. Here’s hoping we’ll get at least some form okittennowledgement soon

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

No matter what time you put these things in you’re going to screw over thousands of people. The window between “when people come back from work” and “when they have to go to bed” is far too narrow, what with people’s schedules all being different.

So the only way you can realistically do it is with sliding windows. ie (and this is just an example, not an actually good implementation), one day its at 5, then 6, then 7, and so on for the 8 hours of that region’s window (times 3), then repeat. Then people can figure out which days work best for them. Now obviously this particular example means certain days will simply not happen (I did say it was a bad example!).

but doing something like shifting the window by 1 hour just means some people who can make it now won’t be able to next time. Even for huge communities that used to be able to get a good group during the spawns, it still meant a lot of people just assumed they’d never be able to do it and dealt with it.

It needs to be more dynamic than that.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No matter what time you put these things in you’re going to screw over thousands of people. The window between “when people come back from work” and “when they have to go to bed” is far too narrow, what with people’s schedules all being different.

So the only way you can realistically do it is with sliding windows. ie (and this is just an example, not an actually good implementation), one day its at 5, then 6, then 7, and so on for the 8 hours of that region’s window (times 3), then repeat. Then people can figure out which days work best for them. Now obviously this particular example means certain days will simply not happen (I did say it was a bad example!).

but doing something like shifting the window by 1 hour just means some people who can make it now won’t be able to next time. Even for huge communities that used to be able to get a good group during the spawns, it still meant a lot of people just assumed they’d never be able to do it and dealt with it.

It needs to be more dynamic than that.

If they felt so compelled to have only one of these events per hour, maybe. But then each one becomes a moving target. :\

A good question to ask is “Would concurrent events reduce participation?” With Megaserver, I’d say no.

For example, instead of Tequatl sparsely given out in a 6-hour period, run it every 2 hours, then stagger the other two hard-mode bosses in the off-hour. This even leaves room for a new hard-mode world boss to pair with Teq.

Or, if not that, run each event on a 3-hour cycle. Still not the best for everyone, but at least it avoids having huge gaps of time where there aren’t any events at all.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

Voicing my full support for Mkkoll’s well written post.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

Posted by: Dezaq.1203

Dezaq.1203

+1 I just want to see this thread stay at the front page.

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

i’m on bloodtide coast right now for check how it’s going a random preparation for wurm… a lot of people don’t know what is wurm, other never did it before and the most of people have only failed it mulple times.
so from now no one will kill it because there are too many people unable to do it and not intentioned to join on ts

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Wurm Map is now in OverFlow if i am now mistaken on recent build.
You can say goodbye to TS Organization, the real challenge will be put your own TS community on the same Mega Server as you, as we can’t anymore find low-pop maps to let everyone in.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: LINKAZZATORE.8135

LINKAZZATORE.8135

Wurm Map is now in OverFlow if i am now mistaken on recent build.
You can say goodbye to TS Organization, the real challenge will be put your own TS community on the same Mega Server as you, as we can’t anymore find low-pop maps to let everyone in.

as i said we can not do it anymore because also if we get in map 2 hours before will be too many people under lvl 80 and will fail for this

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Thank you, Mkoll and Noobix, for clearly voicing out the concerns of anyone in the megaboss business or caring about communities.

As an officer in a smaller megaboss guild ([DV] on EU) that depends on alliances and general server-pride and solidarity that brought people together to learn and tackle these “hard-core” events in the first place, I can say Megaserver is proving to be an obstacle to us. Schedule isn’t very suitable as people are at work/school etc and we, like gw2comm and TxS are used to later raids.

Additionally, while bigger megaboss guilds might not have had this problem, a fixed server as a guiding point is crucial for megaboss organisation for smaller (often intra-server) megaboss guilds. The event isn’t done by one guild, but an alliance of several, plus the other people of that server and some guests that are willing to participate. (by ‘participate’ I mean, listen on TeamSpeak and learn from the experienced people explaining it all, and playing their part, i.e. not trolling or AFKing)
Without that firm meeting point that is a real server, the element of randomness that is introduced will seriously hinder the efforts of smaller megaboss guilds that did just fine before April 15th.

To the 1st post I would also like to add one more request:

• IN-GAME “ALLIANCE BUTTON”
    A way for different guilds to connect in game.
    gw2community is composed of several guilds, TxS and TTS are clusters of guilds, both on EU and NA. There are also alliances on different servers gathered for the sole purpose of “doing Teq at home”. Without firm servers to go to, there is nothing ensuring that guild members get into the “right overflow”. So, if AI must be used instead of players’ choice, please note that a guild and F-list do not make all our social interactions in the game. Recognition of alliances would not solve all the problems of the Megaboss Community, but it would help us greatly.
[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

Posted by: nOxe.6293

nOxe.6293

The lack of response from ANet on any of the criticisms regarding the 4/15 patch is unnerving. Here’s hoping we’ll get at least some form okittennowledgement soon

agree & bump.

Nelizea (Guardian)
[MM] Midnight Mayhem (Gunnar’s Hold) (Megaserverized..)
[TxS] Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: josephcant.4926

josephcant.4926

+1, fully backing the OP (and others)

Posted by: Blade.1806

Blade.1806

+1! Dont let the thread die!

Posted by: Squirrelfanatic.5679

Squirrelfanatic.5679

+1, please developers, give us some feedback on this!

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Teq on megaserver: Guilds get scattered across many instances, total chaos (5 mins is not enough to prepare if you have a totally random pug zerg), 1/3 of the map not only doesn’t hear anyone else and is not heard by the rest, but apparently most people present are unaware of that fact.
In short, great job. Anet just proved again, that Teq is simply not an event for the open world.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

+1

If i will see in next blog how big success megaserver is, i will proly uninstall game.

Posted by: Kinsmir.5623

Kinsmir.5623

Well, i already said +1 but i will repeat it again.

Today with the mega servers enabled on Bloodtide Coast made it even worse.

A lot of folks from [DV] got in the same instance with [Wurms] both trying to organize it on the same megaserver.

What caused for us ( [DV] ) to move everyone to empty overflows and caused a lot of people to miss out of our entire run and a lot of problems with people being unable to join.

It also caused for a lot of people of the german population getting mixed with us because they wanted to do a run with [Wurms] and their mega server/instance was full.

We ended doing our run in multiple language (english on teamspeak and german/france in map/local).

At this rate this community is going to down really fast if it stays as it is, because some people got already hostile about it.

Gandara – Legacy of the Six [LotS]
Dune Doomforge

(edited by Kinsmir.5623)

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

Have a free bump. Nobody listens/cares but might as well.

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Hello all,

As the thread has gone mostly to thread bumping, we will close it. We do not allow posts of nothing but “+1” or “bump to the top”. We understand the desire to keep a thread’s discussion alive, but we prefer that you do so with a post that adds constructive discussion to the thread.