Saving Builds

Saving Builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TERA.3948

TERA.3948

I have been thinking lately…Is there a way to save my builds in game so I can switch between them quickly and more effectively (kinda like guild wars 1). I have many characters and many different ways I like to play the game, i find it hard to remember them all. While this might sound like a personal problem, im sure several others feel the same way. In WvW wouldn’t it be easier to simply click a button to switch from roaming to group support rather then searching for what you need. In fact there are several scenarios where one might have to, or want to change their build between or during runs. any opinions on this matter?

(edited by Moderator)

Saving Builds

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Please give us a build saver so we can switch builds and gear more easily instead of just manually.
Clearly the technology is there because the build will switch automatically when you go in pvp or wvw, so why don’t add this funcionality in pve?
It would be a huge qol improvement.
if you could also switch stats on legendaries with the same build saver would be just perfect!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Saving Builds

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

A request that’s been brought up many, many times. At the very least, they could start with being able to save different traits and skills into builds, then expand with gear if possible.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Saving Builds

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I’m wholeheartedly supporting that request for the subjectively biased 107th time.

On the serious side, perhaps some kind of QoL-request list with up/down-voting could help?

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Saving Builds

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Folks have been asking to save builds (if only just the traits/skills) since the game launched. To date, I’ve only found two developer responses, both of which were (words to the effect of): “good idea, it’s more complicated than you think” and then nothing more about it.

I have trouble buying this, since there are websites that can save builds easily and GW2 ‘remembers’ your PvP, WvW, and PvE build. I can’t think of any reason we don’t have at least a simplistic version of this, other than perhaps they don’t have someone to work on the UI. (And, to be fair, UIs always turn out to be much harder than players/customers think — even a merely meh UI can be hard to put together.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Saving Builds

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I wish we had Underwater Build separate from land Build (Traits and Skills).

Saving Builds

Posted by: Sir Mad.1092

Sir Mad.1092

As always, +1.

Build templates were a great addition to GW1 that encouraged build diversity rather than sticking to the same build (only changing a couple of utilities from time to time). It made me rediscover some of my characters. I really don’t understand why we can’t have it in GW2…

(edited by Sir Mad.1092)

Saving Builds

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Yep, templates existed in GW1, not sure why it cant be done in GW2. Like, what exactly makes it “more complicated than we think”?
Especially now, with traits dumbed down to the level theyre at (click 9 buttons basically, 12 if we include the traitline selection).

Saving Builds

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Like, what exactly makes it “more complicated than we think”?

They had a discussion on it 2 years ago. At this point I doubt it’ll ever be implemented, so if you want an alternative, use a macro to save your traits.

Saving Builds

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Part of that discussion is them trying to include a bit too much, like runes and sigils, even outfits and dyes.

If they limited it purely to our traits, I think it could be done a lot more easily and with a lot less coding.

As for a macro to save my traits, honestly, it’d be just as fast as me rebuilding the traitset from scratch.

(edited by Ven Zehn.6573)

Saving Builds

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Last response regarding templates was in the AMA two months ago.

Q: “I am also interested in knowing if you are planning to add build templates”
A: “Starting with this release, the WvW team is switching over to live development, shipping frequently, beta-testing on the live servers, and asking the community to prioritize development. The WvW team will be at the forefront of this. If it goes well for WvW, we’ll consider it for PvP too. I bring this up because development of build templates would happen on one of those two teams. So I expect that you, collectively, will be in control of when that becomes a priority.”

Source: Dulfy

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Saving Builds

Posted by: clone wars.9568

clone wars.9568

come to the conclusion having builds being able to be saved makes life harder for the balance teams, Since we’d be playing around with different builds more. And i bet this is the real reason they refuse to allow us to save builds like we could do in gw1.

Though I expect to see this feature added to the next xpac as a sweetner to try to get people to buy another likely over hyped xpac. They know its something we’ve been asking for since closed beta so you can bet they will in the end add the feature only to put it behind another paywall (xpac).

Saving Builds

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

The topic of saving builds has been brought up numerous times, but I doubt it will ever come to fruition.

Common Player Solution
Make multiple of the same profession for each build you want.

What I would do if I was a dev
1. Create a new panel for builds similar to pvp build tab.
2. Have up to x amount of “Build” tabs. All tabs to be locked initially and each tab purchasable from the gem store for x gems.
3. Player insert their gear into the build tab (THE EQUIPMENT IS ACTUALLY STORED IN THIS TAB WHEN NOT IN USE).
4. Player select traits.
5. Player “saves”.
6. When selecting another “build” the gear is stored in according build tab and new gear is “loaded” from the selected build tab, traits are changed, and weapons equipped.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Saving Builds

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

come to the conclusion having builds being able to be saved makes life harder for the balance teams, Since we’d be playing around with different builds more. And i bet this is the real reason they refuse to allow us to save builds like we could do in gw1.

I can’t imagine that this is the reason. Nearly all the dev responses about build saving include words to the effect of “we’d like this, too”. Plus, it’s not that hard to swap builds now — it’s just annoying.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Saving Builds

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

A gear manager and a trait line manager where you’ll be able to save gear combos and
trait set ups would be nice.
Many games have this,no reason for GW2 not to,especially with all the variety in gear and traits in the game.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

Saving Builds

Posted by: XerMeLL.6042

XerMeLL.6042

I agree with this because im using 4 different builds. pls aneet

This is the last MMORPG ill play.

Saving Builds

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I can’t imagine that this is the reason. Nearly all the dev responses about build saving include words to the effect of “we’d like this, too”. Plus, it’s not that hard to swap builds now — it’s just annoying.

Yeah, We are talking about saving build, not changing them at any moment. I would say 1 min after out of combat.

Because imagine in WvW being followed and a lot dmg coming at you, getting out of combat for a sec and changing to toughness/healing power/precision… Healing yourself with 1 ability, changing to whatever dps build you had and going back at them… battles would be eternal.

Sooo yeah to Build saving but not to changing them at any moment, even out of combat.

Edit: They could even add an animation for the 1 min “dressing time” you would need to change build.

(edited by Jhoul.6923)

Saving Builds

Posted by: YMIHere.9580

YMIHere.9580

I could tab out and lookup a build in less than a minute. A “dressing time” would completely destroy the point of it all.

Saving Builds

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Pleaaaseee Anet!!??

Saving Builds

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

Just give everyone 2 slots/class and charge extra money for each follow up slot… saving traits skills and gear….

Its a win/win and will pay off for Anet, as people will want many many more slots..