Saving Pet Names

Saving Pet Names

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: theiceprince.1267

theiceprince.1267

Why have they not fixed this issue yet?

It seems really straightforward technically. The names can be stored on local files. When you log on, and whenever you select a new pet, the client would send the name(s) to the server where they would be validated and then stored in the database. No more server side storage than now. Not much extra processing compared to now. It doesn’t matter if the local file is broken since the data gets validated before use.

I wish they’d, at the very least, remove the word “juvenile” from the default names. Numerous are the times I have moused over someone’s pet in the field, saw the name “Juvenile [something I don’t have]” and gasped with delight, only to be disappointed seconds later when they scamper off in the care of their current master.

And to add to the problem you also get the “Charm” interface when you are near other rangers pets, even though you can’t charm them.

Saving Pet Names

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I know, I don’t get it, either.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Saving Pet Names

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I wish they would fix it. Cuz it makes me angry+sick every time I see an unnamed Ranger pet. It disgusts me to see them neglect their loving companions just because they’re too lazy to rewrite the name in.

I mistook their pets for new HoT ones a few times when I was looking for them as well.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Saving Pet Names

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

The word ‘juvenile’ on a ranger’s pet is pretty inappropriate as well as causing this frustration.

While it may be reasonable to have it such that adult animals can’t be ‘tamed’, once a young creature has become a ranger’s pet it’ll mature pretty quickly so would no longer be a ‘juvenile’ at all.

Saving Pet Names

Posted by: Znake.9762

Znake.9762

The word ‘juvenile’ on a ranger’s pet is pretty inappropriate as well as causing this frustration.

While it may be reasonable to have it such that adult animals can’t be ‘tamed’, once a young creature has become a ranger’s pet it’ll mature pretty quickly so would no longer be a ‘juvenile’ at all.

That’s a remnant from GW1. In GW1 you had to level up your pet independently of your own level. The ‘juvenile’ changed to another word as its stats changed based on how the pet leveled.

Health and armor
All pets have the same health and armor based on their current level.
Pets have the equivalent of 5 pieces of infused armor.

Health = Level × 20 + 80
AL = Level × 3 + 20

Pet Evolution Stats
Hearty: -(~12-14)% damage, +60 health
Playful: -(~5)% damage, +30 health
Elder: -0 damage, +0 health
Aggressive: +(~5)% damage, -30 health
Dire: +(~12-14)% damage, -60 health

Source: http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Animal_companion#Health_and_armor