Saving builds

Saving builds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Edd Scissorhands.4108

Edd Scissorhands.4108

Howdy GW2 people,

Long story short, I want to save my builds without having to write them down on a piece of paper that I lose in five minutes. On the original Guild Wars, I probably had around 300 builds for all 12 of my characters that I could load in maybe two clicks. Please bring it back ANet.

Sincerely,
Frustrated

Saving builds

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/

You’re welcome.

Office for 6 bucks a month and you get cloud storage to boot, complete life saver.

You’ll get a better result doing this over waiting for them to do an update to add templates.

Saving builds

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

You’re welcome.

Office for 6 bucks a month and you get cloud storage to boot, complete life saver.

You’ll get a better result doing this over waiting for them to do an update to add templates.

Clearly didn’t play GW1…

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Saving builds

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

YesYesYesYesYes!!!
That is something that we definitely need.Right now i have 2 WvW builds/2 dungeon builds/2 PvP builds.In total that are 6 builds which i have to re-trait every time when entering a specific game mode.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Saving builds

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Been asked for numerous times and request has been consitently ignored.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Saving builds

moiraine.2753

Also why i can’t change different equipment with only one click?In other MMOs i can change my armor like this.Only in GW2 i have to click 12 times so i can change all pieces of gear.That is soooo old.

Saving builds

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

oh yes please.
It would be such a comfort.
we just have to ask again (and again…)

1) Storage for Builds and quick click-setup

2) Armour/jewel bundles to change/arrange equip

tbh with honestly trying to learn my fifth class (and I don’t mean pve, but pvp or wvw) I am getting somewhat mindboggled about all the setups…what was I using on this, whats the build on that, what was I thinking last I tried this, which gear now, ect..

Saving builds

moiraine.2753

oh yes please.
It would be such a comfort.
we just have to ask again (and again…)

1) Storage for Builds and quick click-setup

2) Armour/jewel bundles to change/arrange equip

tbh with honestly trying to learn my fifth class (and I don’t mean pve, but pvp or wvw) I am getting somewhat mindboggled about all the setups…what was I using on this, whats the build on that, what was I thinking last I tried this, which gear now, ect..

This^^
I couldn’t say it better.

Saving builds

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

It would be a huge improvement to the game.
It would be something that would actually promote build variety since you could much more easily spec on the fly for specific encounters.

It would also improve quality of life.

Wonder why we don’t have this yet.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Saving builds

Posted by: BigfootArisen.6509

BigfootArisen.6509

It has not been ignored. I don’t recall where the post was, but they said they are working on it now. Its actually part of the reason they removed underwater combat from PvP entirely. Make it easier on them to remove 6 items and a whole set of skills from the template.

In short: IT’S HAPPENING. Just not yet. Later this year, most like, in the next feature patch.

Saving builds

moiraine.2753

It has not been ignored. I don’t recall where the post was, but they said they are working on it now. Its actually part of the reason they removed underwater combat from PvP entirely. Make it easier on them to remove 6 items and a whole set of skills from the template.

In short: IT’S HAPPENING. Just not yet. Later this year, most like, in the next feature patch.

I can only cross fingers and hope you are right

Saving builds

BigfootArisen.6509

I can only cross fingers and hope you are right

That’s all we can really do.

Saving builds

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

… store far less data inside templates when those happen.

THIS excites me Are we going to be able to store templates? That would really be a big big step!

No ETA on templates. However, the new build tech brings us muuuuch closer than before.

20 level 80s and counting.

Saving builds

BigfootArisen.6509

… store far less data inside templates when those happen.

THIS excites me Are we going to be able to store templates? That would really be a big big step!

No ETA on templates. However, the new build tech brings us muuuuch closer than before.

Thanks much. That’s the second reply to it, and the only one that even mentions an ETA (or lack thereof).

Saving builds

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

If I were to read between the lines, I’d assume that either water is going to be removed from PvE or that what they were talking about is only going to be for PvP.

In that light, I’ll go ahead and say I’d really like this feature in all game modes. Further, I’d like it if it worked like the one in GW1. At least in that the number of builds you have is only limited by the disk space available on your computer.

Saving builds

BigfootArisen.6509

If I were to read between the lines, I’d assume that either water is going to be removed from PvE or that what they were talking about is only going to be for PvP.

In that light, I’ll go ahead and say I’d really like this feature in all game modes. Further, I’d like it if it worked like the one in GW1. At least in that the number of builds you have is only limited by the disk space available on your computer.

My guess is only the equipment template will go live in PvP, whereas we will get the skill/trait templates in all modes. The equipment templates in GW1 would have been impossible to bring over to PvE, but they made sense in PvP seeing as PvP characters were completely, 100% unable to go into PvE for stuff.

Saving builds

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

I like your guess. I’d be happy with just trait templates for PvE.

Skills could be a nice bonus depending on the implementation. I wouldn’t want a skill on cool down to interfere with switching traits. I say that with some of the relatively long elite cool downs in mind. I guess it could just skip changing any skill that is in a cool down state and apply everything else in the template.

Saving builds

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I understand that they didn’t have em when you had to got talk to someone to reset traits. But now that it’s free and anywhere they should implement a template system

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Saving builds

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You’re welcome.

Clearly didn’t play GW1…

I actually did, unfortunately the development during that time was superior as opposed to now. It could be the fact the Guild Wars was instanced rather than persistent so it might have been easier to code such things.

Saving builds

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe in 2016 feature patch?

Saving builds

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Why would they remove underwater fighting in PvP?

I don’t see them removing it PvE, so many maps would have to change if they did.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

Saving builds

BigfootArisen.6509

Why would they remove underwater fighting in PvP?

I don’t see them removing it PvE, so many maps would have to change if they did.

The dev said it was to streamline the process of making PvP templates. Remove the need of underwater weapons, underwater breather, runes and sigils. Also because, as they perceived, a majority of people loathed underwater combat for PvP.

Saving builds

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

That’s not true. They have stated in several recent interviews that the PvP save system (just put in place) is something they are tweaking in hopes of rolling it out for PvE in the future. I don’t think they are working on that directly at the moment, but it has been stated by Devs that they realize it is something players want and something on their radar.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances