Saving builds and gear, it's time

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

This may have been said before, but it’s so ridiculous to not have this implemented I don’t care if I’m making another.

Please add a feature to save builds/gear setups. On the fly retraiting is amazing, good call on adding that. The natural next step is to let us save 3-5 different builds/gear configurations. If you have the gear in your bags in pve, just select the saved builds and your traits and gear get swapped out to the saved setup. It’s not hard, and it would be huge QoL.

I have a different build for world bosses, solo pve and wvw. I don’t even run a ton of dungeons, if I did you could add probably 4 more to that list. It is super annoying to have to keep swapping out each piece of gear individually and retraiting each time I move to a different piece of content, which I do quite frequently.

This is a great game, don’t get me wrong, but seriously just do this ok? It’s time, just go ahead and copy wow on this one, we won’t mind. Or heck just go ahead and copy what you had in GW1, don’t know how this one got left behind.

(edited by MSFone.3026)

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

We had this feature in GW1 and it is missed greatly. Oh build templets where are you! Skill/Trait templets would end my PvP woes.

Necromancer Main

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

“Guild Wars 2 takes everything you love about Guild Wars 1”…only they forgot most of the things.
And not just things we loved – things that we needed and were just quality of life!

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Mixistrike.7840

Mixistrike.7840

Yeah. Im agree with

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

Agree with this. GW I is far superior in its simple ability to save skill and equipment builds as templates.

GW II still needs to catch up.

Posted by: SparkNorkx.1873

SparkNorkx.1873

“Guild Wars 2 takes everything you love about Guild Wars 1”…only they forgot most of the things.
And not just things we loved – things that we needed and were just quality of life!

Sad part is that there’s way more newcomers than us GW1 vets. So of course Anet is not focusing on their loyal old GW1 playerbase like they stated they would in the past (plus that most of the Anet staff are not from GW1 anymore nowadays and lost their clear main goal).

Anyway, if these features like saving build come back, they could possibly encourage or bring back the “build wars” from GW1.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

I was hoping build templates would have came out for the feature pack, and was disappointed. I don’t think they will ever come.