Say we had a musician crafting station...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Caligrafers Blade.3871

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Don’t know if any other game has some sort of a musician prof or class but was wondering what it would be like if we had one in GW2. Can’t really think how it would help except maybe for gaining XP by learning lore? Does one need music for spells?

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Your post doesnt make sense.

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Oh, I meant as a crafting discipline. Wait, this still doesn’t make sense, does it?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Interesting concept for a proffession though. Musical theatre meets combat. I might like it.

Once more, with feeling!

Kitten.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Oh, I meant as a crafting discipline. Wait, this still doesn’t make sense, does it?

It just needs fleshing out a bit more. It’s not the first time it has been suggested and fundamentally it is an interesting idea.

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Was initially thinking of it as a craft, but now I’m thinking if Mesmers use light and therefore illusion to cause damage, we could have a bard or minstrel prof who uses sound and hence music to entrance (taunt), deafen (daze or stun), etc on foes. Say buffs like inspire (might or ferocity) for allies with a Virtuoso elite.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I quite like that idea. And with each skill playing an exclusive mini tune/tone.

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Oh yeah! That would be awesome! And I can already see the names of skills and traits; Strike the bass, Bad harmony, Pitch please!

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Kvothe the Kingkiller would applaud this idea, although I don’t know how it could fit GW lore.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Hey! Kvothe! Awesome series. I really wish Rothfuss would hurry up with his next book. And I didn’t know the GW2 professions were lore based. Yeah, that would be really hard to do.

Posted by: costepj.5120

costepj.5120

Also c/f Arithon s’Ffalenn, Masterbard of Athera in the excellent Wars of Light and Shadow series by Janny Wurts.

So long and thanks for all the skritt

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Hey! Kvothe! Awesome series. I really wish Rothfuss would hurry up with his next book. And I didn’t know the GW2 professions were lore based. Yeah, that would be really hard to do.

They have a very loose base, but it exist. You can notice in the books, and in the info inside the game too.

Thinking a little more deeply, a musician fighter could probably fits as a mesmer elite spec, using sound to confound and enchant. Mix it with a little Dredge sonic tech, and you can have a really sound elite(pun intended). It wouldn’t be that hard if they take this route.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

So you’re asking for a minstrel class like in LOTRO? I’m in.

Caligrafers Blade.3871

Also c/f Arithon s’Ffalenn, Masterbard of Athera in the excellent Wars of Light and Shadow series by Janny Wurts.

Hey thanks. Got something new to read. Good Thanksgiving I’d say!

Caligrafers Blade.3871

They have a very loose base, but it exist. You can notice in the books, and in the info inside the game too.

Thinking a little more deeply, a musician fighter could probably fits as a mesmer elite spec, using sound to confound and enchant. Mix it with a little Dredge sonic tech, and you can have a really sound elite(pun intended). It wouldn’t be that hard if they take this route.

That’s actually a pretty cool combo of light and music. Very dramatic! That would create one helluva brilliant performance during a fight! Blood on the dance floor!

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

the scribing crafting discipline. would make far more sense to go with since its in the

game already but yet not all can do this unless they are in a guild !! or own a guild and

able to do it !! thus scribing crafting discipline. would be a far more better add to the

game its self as a whole !! but do not think the devs get that point

no new system upgrades coming

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Perhaps some kind of reward track in WvW or anywhere except scribing, for that matter.
Does it make sense to have a scribe using guild mats, crafting for just one player interested in the discipline?

Caligrafers Blade.3871

the scribing crafting discipline. would make far more sense to go with since its in the

game already but yet not all can do this unless they are in a guild !! or own a guild and

able to do it !! thus scribing crafting discipline. would be a far more better add to the

game its self as a whole !! but do not think the devs get that point

Well, yeah in retrospect, it does seem that if we had the scribe discipline designed for the individual, it would make the musician craft redundant. But the devs seemed to have designed that specifically for guilds. It’s just weird not having a fantasy game without music as some sort of main element. Don’t know how it would it as a craft really; just toying with the idea. Thanks to some posts here, a light weight profession seems more plausible. Who knows, GW3 maybe? Acoustic-based skills and specs would surely be interesting to try in pvx or wvw even.

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

This reminds me of my LOTRO minstrel. I’d love to have something akin to that, it’d be pretty cool to sing my enemies to death.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I was thinking this is more an old school D&D Bard, myself.

I would also be partial to following a Guardian about, singing "Brave Sir Robin".

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I’ve heard some painfully bad music in my time… so it could work!

The repetitive nature of combat may be problematic. If pressing 1 played “We Will Rock You” each time (or anything really), it would get old real quick.

Caligrafers Blade.3871

I’ve heard some painfully bad music in my time… so it could work!

The repetitive nature of combat may be problematic. If pressing 1 played “We Will Rock You” each time (or anything really), it would get old real quick.

Oh yeah! That would get old pretty quick. Okay then, sound effects or just notes for the attacks with cool names and effects. With all number of keys we hit while playing, we’ll literally make music while we bring down a target. But basically, musical mayhem is what I’m imagining.