Scaled lvl80 with better stats than a true 80

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Solitary Shell.4618

Solitary Shell.4618

My lvl80 Elementalist is fully geared with exotic items (jewelry too). A mix of berserker and valkyrie so that I won’’t die in seconds.

My friend is a lvl20 Ranger with blue/white items at best, and zero jewelry . Furthermore, he doesn’t have any trait points.

So please tell me, why, in world vs world, when his level is scaled to 80, his health is higher than mine (16k VS 13k) and his damages are almost higher (3200 for him, 3300 for me). His resistances are also higher. (he’s got 1k more resistances than me).

I really hope someone will explain to me why a not true lvl80 character can have better stats than a true 80 with exotic gear.

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

You can’t compare apples to oranges. He’s a different class than you so he has different base stats that will be scaled. Get an Ele friend and then compare stats. Also which gear you have can affect the specific stats.

Ele’s have low health pools along with Guardians, Rangers are in the middle ground, then Necros and Warriors are on the high side of health pools. Get a lvl 5 Warrior into WvW and I bet he’ll have more health than you when scaled.

TL:DR – The difference you’re seeing is because of Profession difference, not improper scaling.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Solitary Shell.4618

I agree with that but all his stats and not only health are higher/almost similar. This makes me kinda sad….
Furthermore, he doesnt have any trait points, that truly hurt my feelings. But I’ll try to scale with other characters…

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

I like how you said the lower damage number (from what source on what target?) is “almost higher”.

Solitary Shell.4618

I meant his scaled damage number (in green) is almost higher than mine

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

a lv80 thief will have 13-18k health, depending on the build.

a lv80 warrior can pass the 30k health mark.

different classes, different base stats.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

WTF it’s your friend man you should be happy he got such nice stats.. instead your just jalous if your friend whoonly got whites and blues

you should help him get greens thats what friends do..

Posted by: Tito.3270

Tito.3270

Those upscaled don’t have the traits a real lvl 80 have, nor the exotics, so a good lvl 80 can still take on multiple (4+) non 80s.

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

Actually, thieves can get as low as 10k.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

and warriors can get as low as 23k

BrunoBRS.5178

you serious? i made a glass cannon build for my thief the other day, got annoyed at 13k, so i threw some points into the vitality trait to bring him up to 15k lol.

god i wish i met more thieves with 10k health. would be hilarious one-shotting them.

Posted by: Indo.4587

Indo.4587

you serious? i made a glass cannon build for my thief the other day, got annoyed at 13k, so i threw some points into the vitality trait to bring him up to 15k lol.

god i wish i met more thieves with 10k health. would be hilarious one-shotting them.

Not if they one shot you first with stealth. Lol.

Jade Quarry: Indó, Level 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Wait what, I’m a lvl 80 warr fully geared with soldier armor (power/vit/tough) and I only have 21k hp and 2.8k amorr

BrunoBRS.5178

Not if they one shot you first with stealth. Lol.

i roll a thief. one that actually specced into survivability.

i’m pretty confident i can take down a pure glass cannon thief before they react, or take a backstab and live long enough to trigger my panic button and disappear.

(edited by BrunoBRS.5178)

BrunoBRS.5178

Wait what, I’m a lvl 80 warr fully geared with soldier armor (power/vit/tough) and I only have 21k hp and 2.8k amorr

is vit the priority stat on soldier gear? do you have 30 points into the vitality trait tree? do you have those “5% of X goes to vitality” runes, or any vitality runes for that matter?

just a few ways you can improve your vitality.

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

My thief has 10k health. Or at least that’s what my stats say; I should go to an 80 zone just to be sure. I mainly put my points in Crits and Toughness.

Hides face
Don’t look at me!

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

is vit the priority stat on soldier gear? do you have 30 points into the vitality trait tree? do you have those “5% of X goes to vitality” runes, or any vitality runes for that matter?

just a few ways you can improve your vitality.

I thought I’d be well balanced just by using soldier gear I guess not. I go 30/20/20/0/0. The soldier gear is power primary/secondary vit&tough and then I have all beserker’s jewelry

BrunoBRS.5178

My thief has 10k health. Or at least that’s what my stats say; I should go to an 80 zone just to be sure. I mainly put my points in Crits and Toughness.

Hides face
Don’t look at me!

if you’re in a city, it should show your “true” stats.

will be a pleasure fighting you in WvW. maybe you were that sylvari thief that kept crossing paths with me the other day, and kept dying in 3 hits.

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

If you’re in the mists, keep in mind that berserker gear there gives some vitality. 13k is typical of glass cannons there, but in PvE/WvW, you’ll see 10k.

Posted by: Symbiote.4597

Symbiote.4597

Upscaled characters can’t deal damage close to a 80 in exotics. I’ve been leveling my thief in WvW and my damage is pitiful. I keep my gear updated, buying rares off the TP and even with upscaling I can’t kill anyone. My heartseeker as a lvl 57 crits for 1100.

tldr: OP is a kitten

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Highest base hp (Necro/War) is a little over 18k. Not 23k.

Posted by: Bashful Heart Bear.1953

Bashful Heart Bear.1953

His scaled stats might be higher but his survivability and damage is going to be absolutely TERRIBLE.

Posted by: HappyDale.5398

HappyDale.5398

It is because your stats are scaled up by a percent based on your level for non 80’s. For example if you are lvl 50 and go to the entrance of CM, and then you level to 60…with the exact same gear you will have worse stats in front of CM then with the same gear at lvl 50.

What is important and what does NOT scale is your weapon damage and your armor rating. Make a lvl 1 character tele to WvW walk outside and try to kill the first mob you see…then hop on your Main, and go kill the exact same mob. Even though you may have better stats, the armor rating and weapon damage is no where close to each other. It will be much harder to kill the mob in lvl 1 gear even though you are scaled.

(edited by HappyDale.5398)

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Elementalists, Thieves, Guardians have 10k health at 80, naked.
Mesmers, Rangers, Engineers have 15k health at 80, naked.
Warriors, Necromancers have 18k health at 80, naked.

If you have 13k at 80 with your Elementalist, this means you have 3k extra health from Gear/Traits.
Your Ranger friend has 15k base, and 1k from Gear/Traits.

Defense as far as I know isn’t upscaled, so what do you mean by “resistances”?
Though, each type of profession also has a “base” defense on exotic gear, which is something like:

Elementalists, Mesmers, Necromancers: less than 1000 defense
Rangers, Engineers: about 1050 defense
Warriors, Guardians: about 1200 defense

If the gear’s defense is also upscaled, that might explain why your friend has more defense than you.

Lastly, attack, this one I’m pretty sure it is upscaled depending on some factor, because I was hitting like a boss with my level 40 Elementalist in WvW a few weeks ago, and I’m still hitting like a boss at 80 with full Exotics.
But maybe I’m mistaken, I haven’t checked if everyone whom I critted for 4~5k+ at level 40 was also upscaled like I was, but not even once I found my damage in the pre-80s to be lacking in WvW.

What I do know is that, for some reason, upscaled characters seem to die easier than 80s. Maybe they’re lacking key survival/damage Traits, but I think it’s unlikely. Their attributes from gear is lower, from that I’m certain, but it’s not absurdly unbalanced to the point that non 80s can’t WvW.

But, if you’re still that uncertain, you can always start a fresh new level 2 character and go kick some kitten in WvW with your awesome stats.