Scammer on my server...

Scammer on my server...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So there’s a guy on my server who claims to be able to get new players to level 80 in a matter of hours by selling 100% and 400% exp boosters. I know this is not true, but new and ignorant players do not.

He’s been doing this for over a week now and kitten near everyone on the server has reported him for scamming, but he is still running rampant doing this (and judging by his activity he is also guesting and doing it on other servers as well). He does this is the starter zones, starter cities, and Lion’s Arch.

I won’t name him or post screenshots, but I do have screenshots and I want this guy banned and I want this scamming BS to stop. What do I need to do to make that happen? Where do I need to send in these screenshots? Since apparently 100s of in-game reports from 100s of players a day isn’t good enough to get someone banned.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

what if, he is just trolling the /map /team /say chat and not really “scamming” people?

would he still get a suspension?

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Adventurous Cookie.1658

Adventurous Cookie.1658

Trolling has no place here

Anet, you’re breaking my heart! You’re going down a path I cannot follow!

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

create a support ticket and add screenshots.

Scammer on my server...

TehPwnerer.7215

Sounds good. I already did that but I guess I can do it again.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Sounds good. I already did that but I guess I can do it again.

no need to do it again. They will get to it when they do. When they answered the first one and then come across the second one, it will just slow everything down.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Archon.6481

Archon.6481

Could you care to explain how this works?

Is he just asking the noobs to mail him gold and he’ll mail them the “boosters”?

Archonicable – Thief
0/6/6/0/6 – D/D + D/P
Crystal Desert

Scammer on my server...

TehPwnerer.7215

No. There’s no such item as these boosters. Any EXP boosters there are are account-bound and do not grant 100% or 400% exp. So he is telling noobs or ignorant players that they can get these awesome boosts.

And since most new players that he preys off of only have like maybe 20s – 1g, and does this a few times per hour in every zone, he’s been taking in 50-100g a day (he’s very open about his ‘earnings’) from new players – which is in some cases all of that player’s money.

The amount he’s making off players is irrelevant though. The fact remains that he’s obtaining money by promising items to players that they never get. Scamming is scamming – regardless of how much is made from the scam.

Edit: a new player who had just gotten a main character to level 80 fell for this, payed 18g for 2 of these 400% boosters to level an alt to 80 within a matter of 2 hours. Obviously the guy took the 18g and put the “buyer” on ignore, and didn’t send him anything.

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve seen either this guy or a similar one in the Henge of Denravi server advertising quick leveling. People were calling him out as a scammer but I guess people need to screenshot chat and report also.

ANet needs a place you can type in a short description when you report someone for something that doesn’t fit their regular report system.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

There is no ingame option to report scamming. Create a support ticket with the screenshots, name of player and server and approx time and they’ll deal with him.

Scammer on my server...

TehPwnerer.7215

There is no ingame option to report scamming. Create a support ticket with the screenshots, name of player and server and approx time and they’ll deal with him.

There is a scamming option, but their in-game report system needs tweaking to allow more options, a description box, or both.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

Better people fall for a scam and lose all of there virtual currency than have to learn that lesson in the real world. If you keep babying people they aren’t going to learn how to look after themselves.

The only real issue I see is thakittens annoying spam. Report for spamming and maybe block him, done. Let the gullible learn their important life lesson.

Edit: Huh that crazy word filter again, randomly censoring parts of everyday words.

Scammer on my server...

TehPwnerer.7215

Too bad I have a conscience and hate to see other players get ripped off. I put in a ticket for their sake, the rest is up to them. I have reported him but I will not block him to ensure if I see him spamming map chat about selling his boosters I can warn people.

Thanks for the input.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

I have a conscience as well. I want to see people lose their couple minutes/hours of in game currency so that they can learn their lesson, rather than learning their lesson after getting scammed for hundreds/thousands/more of their real money… and I would much more like to see some scammer’s earnings being measured in pretend money, than actual money.

This is an important lesson that some people have to learn.

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: PwnsFroggles.7561

PwnsFroggles.7561

This is what happens when you don’t add a trade option

Scammer on my server...

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

I won’t name him or post screenshots, but I do have screenshots and I want this guy banned and I want this scamming BS to stop. What do I need to do to make that happen? Where do I need to send in these screenshots?

Please send those screenshots to the support.

Thanks for your help!

The topic is now closed.