Scammers at least learn proper English!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I received this today in my mail. Obviously a scam as the grammer is pathetic beyond belief. I suppose it loses something in the translation. If it is legit then ANET should use better proofreaders.

We are sorry to inform you that your login account will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:
(removed link for safety)

Recently, account abuse is obviously rising up. Please pay attention to the safety your account. Don’t share account with any other people. We will not ask for your email password in any forms on our end. With the password, hackers will be able to log in the account through our security verification. If you have any account problem, please click on the link below:

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Not everyone is a native English speaker who will see these grammatical errors. Also people who are less educated or young may not see them or if they see them they may not consider the mistakes important. They may be alarmed by the message and not stop to consider it might be fake. As long as it gets some people to click the link, then it’s done the job the scammer intended.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Grammer eh?

15char

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

I received this today in my mail. Obviously a scam as the grammer is pathetic beyond belief. I suppose it loses something in the translation. If it is legit then ANET should use better proofreaders.

You can tell right away it’s not legit because of the bad English/spelling. You should be thankful because if the scammers ever learn proper English then it will be a lot harder to tell the difference.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

You can tell right away it’s not legit because of the bad English/spelling. You should be thankful because if the scammers ever learn proper English then it will be a lot harder to tell the difference.

Alternatively, people can wisen up and learn that ANet will never ask for account information.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: SafeFatNoob.3156

SafeFatNoob.3156

I received this today in my mail. Obviously a scam as the grammer…

*Grammar

I’m safe. I’m fat. I’m a noob.

Posted by: Dutch Rental.8360

Dutch Rental.8360

I still wonder why some people fall for it as you all fill-ed in your information name`s adresses emails when you registered your account Arenanet knows everything you registered with so why would they ask for info
they just look up your email and know it plz people dont fall for this crap

80 Guardian
Veteran of Far Shiverpeaks since headstart

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

I received this today in my mail. Obviously a scam as the grammer…

*Grammar

Please give me a break! After 14 hours in WvW saving the world for our server and a mere 5 hours of sleep I totally let that one slip by me. I have written it down in longhand a total of 500 times so it should not happen again! I even missed the little squiggly line under it indicating that it was misspelled! ( notice I spelled misspelled correctly? It is not a total loss!)

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Zplus.4217

Zplus.4217

OMG someone on the Internet does not speak proper English, call the police quickly!!!111!

Fun fact: most spoken language in the world is Mandarin, the 2nd most spoken language in the world is Spanish.

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

We are sorry to inform you that your login account will be shut down or partially limited within 72 hours due to currency transactions or abnormal login. If you want to remove restrictions, please click the following link to validate:
(removed link for safety)

Recently, account abuse is obviously rising up. Please pay attention to the safety your account. Don’t share account with any other people. We will not ask for your email password in any forms on our end. With the password, hackers will be able to log in the account through our security verification. If you have any account problem, please click on the link below:

I thought I recognize that kinda of mail. I know it’s a scammer, cause they no use good grammar.
LOL woot! Man, I need to stop watching Futurama. Cause they Got the Wong kind of person to scam. WOOOT!! Man I’m done for the night folks.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne