Scarcity is ok. Ultra Scarcity is Bad!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

NOTE: Intro adjusted since it seems people either stopped reading at the word “precursor” or hung onto it like it was a cry for a quicker legendary. It’s not! Read thoroughly and then respond so there are no misunderstandings.

The scarcity of crafting materials as they are is ok. Things like Ectos to make Legendaries is fine and still under the control of the players. We can acquire a fair amount without too much hassle by salvaging. However, the Precursor situation is getting worse by the day.

Since September the price of most precursors seems to have gone up an average of 100 gold a month with Dawn and Dusk, arguably the most popular on the verge of reaching a price of 700 gold probably before March comes. This is ridiculous and will soon become too daunting, if not already for many players and they will quit. Imagine 6 months from now looking at the price of a precursor starting at 1000 gold.

What’s worse than that though is how the scarcity of precursors is inflating the market overall. It’s not just precursors that will continue to rise in price dramatically, everything will. Why? Because the near impossibility, the ultra scarcity of precursors is frustrating so many players and they are turning to the RMT companies.

Many players are already very comfortable with RMT and more will choose RMT for precursors soon. The more people become comfortable with RMT, the more money can be made from the game by RMT. More money to be made means more interest in RMT companies controlling the in game economy and drive up the price to make everything expensive and RMT a last option to buy anything of significant value….I’ve seen this before.

The good news is that it’s not too late. ArenaNet need only to crack down harder on RMT companies and permaban goldfarmers at a faster rate. Less gold farmers means less gold supply to be sold and inflation will slow. This will always be a battle for ANet though and I wish you the best of luck in fighting RMT companies.

What ArenaNet REALLY needs to do though, is work on ultra scarce items that can be sold on the trading post and that starts with precursors. Here’s a couple ideas…

1. Remove Precursors from the Legendary recipe: Probably not going to happen, but when you don’t need a precursor for a legendary, they won’t be desired so greatly and the price will plummet. Then you can buy a precursor for around the same price maybe as any other exotic.

2. Increase the supply of Precursors: More supply means more competition from more sellers and the price will go down fast.

The 2nd option is probably the only real option but I thought I’d just throw that out there about the legendary recipe.

As far as increasing the supply goes, instead of simply increasing the drop rate, Arenanet can be clever about it and simply add more ways in which precursors can be obtained. Perhaps after a long quest chain that requires traveling through all dungeon paths and a certain level fractals. Purchasing a precursor with karma or skill points from a special npc. Killing a certain number of players or some kind of points earned from WvW. Stuff like that.

Whatever doesn’t require gold. When you increase the need for gold, you increase the interest of RMT companies planting goldfarmers in the game which in a short amount of time rots the economy and nearly forces players to buy gold from them to get what they want from the game.

I’m sure you guys are putting your heads together on how to make Guild Wars 2 better in many ways and I tell you from experience…you have got to reduce the need for gold and replace it instead with effort by players.

RMT is a real threat. Precursors and anything ultra scarce that can be sold on the trading post in exchange for gold is exactly what they need to do what they do best….ruin online games. No doubt eliminating RMT completely is a near impossibility but they can be reduced greatly and Precursors is where it starts.

Edit: typos

(edited by Draven.7210)

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

One question…why do you want these legendary weapons so badly?
It’s just a cosmetic item designed as an end-game item to be obtained after several months of playing the game, stats wise you can obtain an equally good weapon within 3 days max.

Nobody gonna look at you in a different manner if you obtain a legendary and neither you become a celebrity, all you do is customizing your character, it’s just for fun…no need to put all this effort if you don’t like it, there are equally good looking skins out there

Posted by: DanzBurG.8635

DanzBurG.8635

Good read. I agree with most of what you’ve said. It’s all about the grind though and it may not be for everyone but when you get whatever you’re working towards the feeling is irreplaceable!

Draven.7210

It’s just a cosmetic item designed as an end-game item to be obtained after several months of playing the game, stats wise you can obtain an equally good weapon within 3 days max.

Nobody gonna look at you in a different manner if you obtain a legendary and neither you become a celebrity, all you do is customizing your character, it’s just for fun…no need to put all this effort if you don’t like it, there are equally good looking skins out there

Are you talking to me or the rest of the community? Because I’m not desperate for a Legendary. I am concerned however about the health of the game overall and the need for gold compounded by ultra scarce items is a formula for disaster.

Soon if not already Arenanet will be putting a large amount of it’s resources into fighting RMT companies and dealing with customer service issues from RMT scams instead of those resources going into improvements and expansions for the game.

Draven.7210

Good read. I agree with most of what you’ve said. It’s all about the grind though and it may not be for everyone but when you get whatever you’re working towards the feeling is irreplaceable!

I wouldn’t suggest a grind either. Not only is that a turn off for a lot of players, it’s also something that RMT companies can sell. WoW for example, RMT companies will take money and then level up your character, increase your reputation or earn you PVP gear…all normally acquired through grinding.

Instead, make the game challenging by increasing a bosses difficulty, a dungeons difficulty or something that requires a large number of players to complete. Simple repetitive actions are easy for RMT companies. A large raid of players and a long dungeon? Not so simple.

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

the question is not a difficult one to answer, to some aesthetics are a form of progression and legendary is the ultimate paradigm of that. But when the “journey” to a legendary item is something you can buy your way to, it loses all prestige, coupled together with issues with scarcity as the op stated, and you have a recipe for a ticking time bomb of stupidity.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

It’s a guaranteed BiS weapon for the entire lifespan of the game. That makes it far more than just a cosmetic item. Every time a new tier of weapon releases, the legendary will immediately pick up its stats.

And I can promise you, an ascended weapon won’t take 3 days to get.

Hellkaiser.6025

Hello everyone,

first of all I don’t think the majority of players care about legendaries and precursors. The only thing we know is that a lot of people in this forum care about it but we (the forum users) are just a small group compared to all Guild Wars 2 players. This is something most people forget while trying to improve the game. Anet improves this game for everybody, the casual players and the pros.

Does Anet have to deal with RMT companies already? Yes, guess who is hosting a lot of the spam and farm bots.

Would making precursors cheaper help Anet? Maybe a little bit, but it would not solve the problem. The RMT companies will always be there no matter how hard you try. They have been here for years and will most likely stay here for a long time.

Does Anet have to deal with customer service issues from RMT scams ? Not at all, if you buy items or gold from RMT companies (which is not even allowed) it is not Anets job to help you.

As far as I can see there is no reason left to make precursors cheaper. There will always be people complaining about something. I would also love to have a Ferrari but I can’t afford it.

As long as it is not a necessity to play or enjoy the game there is no reason to change anything. It is just a long time goal which some people have. Those ones who started early got it cheaper, the ones who started later have to pay more. That’s just the way it is (believe it or not, sometimes it is the same in real life).

Again… HOW one derives enjoyment from the game differs. This WAS after all touted as a “play your way” themed game, yet from the get go, we’ve seen a lot of ways of limit the way we play instead of increasing it. when it said “play your way” I didn’t realize that was code for “play every way or you’ll feel like you’re losing out cos we’ll gate and diminish the rewards for not doing so”

At this point I don’t care about legendary weapons anymore, because I’ve little care to even play the game, despite buying it, why is it that this isn’t the case with other games? why is it THESE particular games that induce my revulsion to the point I literally stop playing, but remain in the community to remind them what’s wrong so that hopefully I add my bit towards discouraging future games developers to copy it?

The responses, the directions… this may as well just be another F2P MMO as far as I’m concerned, it feels like one, looks and smells like one and the only difference is we bought it with a starting fee and got a few good months out of it universally before the diminishing returns and reward nerfs kicked in.

I’ll probably even be infracted just for this post alone, possibly the hundredth I’ve received or so… Can’t speak our minds even in a moderately respectable tone, can’t be negative, can’t question.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

There’s a scavenger hunt on the way, which is addressing the issue of precursors.

Draven.7210

first of all I don’t think the majority of players care about legendaries and precursors. The only thing we know is that a lot of people in this forum care about it but we (the forum users) are just a small group compared to all Guild Wars 2 players. This is something most people forget while trying to improve the game. Anet improves this game for everybody, the casual players and the pros.

I don’t know what dimension you play on…but everybody in the guild I run is interested and working toward their legendary. I’m the one voice probably that speaks in the forums from my guild and that’s the point, to voice OUR concerns about the game, including precursors and how they affect the game overall. Do not underestimate or overestimate the words of people on the forums.

Does Anet have to deal with RMT companies already? Yes, guess who is hosting a lot of the spam and farm bots.

What is that supposed to mean?

Would making precursors cheaper help Anet? Maybe a little bit, but it would not solve the problem. The RMT companies will always be there no matter how hard you try. They have been here for years and will most likely stay here for a long time.

Does Anet have to deal with customer service issues from RMT scams ? Not at all, if you buy items or gold from RMT companies (which is not even allowed) it is not Anets job to help you.

Talking about precursors is an example of ultra scarcity and that’s why I chose it. I think you also underestimate how much man power and resources go into dealing with customer service for emails, phone calls etc and then manpower into the tracking and eliminating of RMT/Goldfarmers. And I have absolutely no clue how you think Anet doesn’t have to deal with that. It is their job to read and respond back at the least.

As far as I can see there is no reason left to make precursors cheaper. There will always be people complaining about something. I would also love to have a Ferrari but I can’t afford it.

It’s clear to me by this point you must think this is about ANet giving in to players demands so they can get their legendary faster. No, it’s about saving the games economy and active member count.

As long as it is not a necessity to play or enjoy the game there is no reason to change anything. It is just a long time goal which some people have. Those ones who started early got it cheaper, the ones who started later have to pay more. That’s just the way it is (believe it or not, sometimes it is the same in real life).

I’m glad you don’t work for ANet. This game would already be empty and dead with your attitude.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I wanted a great sword because imo the others in the game are ugly

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Legendaries need to be even rarer.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Ectos and rare gathering is not find nor is it controlled by the players at all HA where’d you get that idea??? Anyway….

Crafting mats are not that common for those who still are suffering from the permaDR or those who are still suffering the lack-of-loot syndrome for lack of a better word. I’m glad you got yours but to claim everything is fine, is simply wrong on the worst level. There wouldn’t be more and more new postings about lack-of-loot in these forums every week if there wasn’t something terribly wrong and the fact that they can’t detect a single thing despite screenshots and videos for 5 months now should definitely alarm you.

I can’t imagine how after seeing 60% of the playerbase leave D3 due to this same exact thing makes anyone think that DR works in the slightest sense. D3 had RMT as well as you might recall they were just more direct about it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: declan.3968

declan.3968

All they need to do is implement something like Wayfarer’s Reverie for an account bound Precursor. The whole thing would be some form of achievement, once per account, once per year, that would allow you to obtain a Precursor when you fulfilled certain tasks.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wayfarer%27s_Reverie

Draven.7210

Ectos and rare gathering is not find nor is it controlled by the players at all HA where’d you get that idea??? Anyway….

Crafting mats are not that common for those who still are suffering from the permaDR or those who are still suffering the lack-of-loot syndrome for lack of a better word. I’m glad you got yours but to claim everything is fine, is simply wrong on the worst level. There wouldn’t be more and more new postings about lack-of-loot in these forums every week if there wasn’t something terribly wrong and the fact that they can’t detect a single thing despite screenshots and videos for 5 months now should definitely alarm you.

I can’t imagine how after seeing 60% of the playerbase leave D3 due to this same exact thing makes anyone think that DR works in the slightest sense. D3 had RMT as well as you might recall they were just more direct about it.

Because if you run dungeons and open world events, you can get rares and exotics easily. It’s not hard and when I say it’s under the players control, I mean it’s not something the RMT companies can dominate.

I didn’t say anything about there not being a problem with other items and materials. There is a problem and FOR EXAMPLE I’m bringing up Precursors because they help to demonstrate my point.

If anyone has read this correctly….and I’m beginning to wonder…this is about the economy, ultra scarcity and RMT ruining the game through an extreme necessity of gold. >:(

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

stopped reading at

stopped reading at

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Posted by: DanzBurG.8635

DanzBurG.8635

Well, I’m not sure if this was said before cause there was some long posts but, I LIKED THE GW1 SYSTEM BETTER. The one where you could choose to customize weapons or not? Maybe this has something to do with the economy, which isn’t ‘bad’ in my opinion but I can understand where all the concerns are coming in… just my thoughts I suppose. I’ve talked to some guildies and old friends and they seem to think this way too. Love your videos by the way Kinetic!

Posted by: Uncle Salty.6342

Uncle Salty.6342

Well OP, from what I understand from your post, you’re using legends as an example or a doorway for RMT companies to control/cling/motivate players to buy gold. Legendary not being the scarcity but the precursor itself.

Comprehension I state in many posts is not this forum’s strong suit. If clothing were a reliable indicator, most people would be dancing naked under the harvest moon.

I shouldn’t think RMT be a consideration. Because as far as most people are concerned, so long as you don’t/seldom see gold spammers, all is well and good. Let’s group all things rare and hard to get altogether. And where people are able to lump into 1 category and say ’it’s not necessary, you can do without it’.

In this instance, I personally would love to get my hands or work towards “insert hard to get item which brings me no great benefit”. I wouldn’t mind working towards the cost, or criteria to obtain. Through personal efforts and not through the trading post.

And with the above in place, then bar said hard to get items from the trading post.

It should be a personal journey. Whether you’re a casual or hardcore. It’s like a trophy, and there are two ways of looking at it.

1) That guy spent lifeless hours grinding for it and he’s showing off, duh.
2) Woah that guy persevered through that crap. Remarkable!

Satisfaction comes after hardship. Take it in any concept you like. How you use this, shows your maturity in discussion.

I might be a closet masochist, but I have yet to find the door.

And yes one more thing. Anet made GW2. Stop pandering for ‘things like GW1’ and offer other alternatives. If everything were to be like GW1, they would’ve called this a GW1 expansion. I have not played GW1 and I am NOT saying GW1 didn’t have some good things going on.

Like I said, this isn’t GW1. Offer alternatives, don’t ask for the same.

(edited by Uncle Salty.6342)

Posted by: Anwar.2018

Anwar.2018

My god, are there things here that cost that much? I though getting decent bank space was too much at 10 bucks.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’ll probably even be infracted just for this post alone, possibly the hundredth I’ve received or so… Can’t speak our minds even in a moderately respectable tone, can’t be negative, can’t question.

And this doesn’t tell you something? I’ve done enough posts speaking my mind in them and don’t get infracted, but I also know how to phrase my complaints in a constructive manner, not just by whining because I didn’t get my way. The only time I did get infracted was- guess what? when I got baited in by a troll and complained in an unacceptable way. It was my own fault, I deserved it and I moved on. If you’re getting infracted that much maybe you need to take a look at yourself and find where the problem lies, cause chances are it’s not in the game.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Hellkaiser.6025

And this doesn’t tell you something? I’ve done enough posts speaking my mind in them and don’t get infracted, but I also know how to phrase my complaints in a constructive manner, not just by whining because I didn’t get my way. The only time I did get infracted was- guess what? when I got baited in by a troll and complained in an unacceptable way. It was my own fault, I deserved it and I moved on. If you’re getting infracted that much maybe you need to take a look at yourself and find where the problem lies, cause chances are it’s not in the game.

I’d respond to this, but technically I already broke the C.o.C when I mentioned a moderators actions or decisions… So again, I’m not going to poke the bear because this is it’s cave and it’s a peevish and short tempered one.

Irony…. xD

Hellkaiser.6025

Thanks for your answer Hellkaiser.6025,

English is not my native language but I will try my best to give you a proper answer.

“Again… HOW one derives enjoyment from the game differs. This WAS after all touted as a “play your way” themed game, yet from the get go, we’ve seen a lot of ways of limit the way we play instead of increasing it. when it said “play your way” I didn’t realize that was code for “play every way or you’ll feel like you’re losing out cos we’ll gate and diminish the rewards for not doing so””

It is still a “play your way” game. Loot/items =/= “play your way”. Limiting the drops obviously makes the game less fun, there is no doubt about it, but the loot is just a small part of the game.

“At this point I don’t care about legendary weapons anymore,”

I don’t care about legendaries either and will most likely never care about them/have one. You can enjoy the game without them. Legendaries just add another goal to the game.

" because I’ve little care to even play the game, despite buying it, why is it that this isn’t the case with other games? why is it THESE particular games that induce my revulsion to the point I literally stop playing, but remain in the community to remind them what’s wrong so that hopefully I add my bit towards discouraging future games developers to copy it?"

I am sorry that you don’t enjoy the game anymore. Trying to discouraging future games developers to copy it is probably not worth the effort though but feel free to keep on doing it.

“The responses, the directions… this may as well just be another F2P MMO as far as I’m concerned, it feels like one, looks and smells like one and the only difference is we bought it with a starting fee and got a few good months out of it universally before the diminishing returns and reward nerfs kicked in.”

First of all F2P does not mean it is a bad game but let’s just assume it would. Besides some little things like the drop rates, very limited bank space, etc. do you really think it is a bad game? Really nice graphics, sound, story and gameplay makes the game a lot of fun for me. The bugs however are really annoying but I am sure they will be fixed some day.

“I’ll probably even be infracted just for this post alone, possibly the hundredth I’ve received or so… Can’t speak our minds even in a moderately respectable tone, can’t be negative, can’t question.”

I don’t know about that.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

[Edit] just corrected a little spelling error

Again, what drives you to enjoy a game “graphics” “story” “environment” might be completely tertiary to me as opposed to say “the solidity of it’s systems and rewards”
“how it handles grouping” “the mechanics of encounters” so what you enjoy about this game might not matter all that much to me as compared to something lacking, it’s just a subjective difference. However some of my issues with the game are on a totally different level and lean heavily towards the monetization of the game itself and how that is potentially being blamed on bad reward ratio’s ingame.

Irony…. xD

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

The answer is fairly simple, sadly. There are no free games. You either pay monthly, or even more often with RMT. In my experience, games with monthly subs cost far less than free games, at least those monetized like GW2 or D3. Ultra-scarcity is a feature of free games and I don’t see that changing fundamentally. The problem, of course, is that we’ve been conditioned to expect reward beyond the gameplay itself when playing a game. With the free games you either need to keep a bowl of M&M’s or your wallet handy if you want to maintain the same level of reward.

Hellkaiser.6025

The answer is fairly simple, sadly. There are no free games. You either pay monthly, or even more often with RMT. In my experience, games with monthly subs cost far less than free games, at least those monetized like GW2 or D3. Ultra-scarcity is a feature of free games and I don’t see that changing fundamentally. The problem, of course, is that we’ve been conditioned to expect reward beyond the gameplay itself when playing a game. With the free games you either need to keep a bowl of M&M’s or your wallet handy if you want to maintain the same level of reward.

Explain games that don’t follow this trend and do that then?

Irony…. xD

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

Just another ‘legendary’ whine thread.

If you think those are rare have you found “Final Rest” yet?

There are a number of ‘named exotics’ that have yet to find their way to the TP. There’s a few threads dedicated to “Final Rest” alone.

Long term = greater than 18 months.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Hellkaiser.6025

There are a number of ‘named exotics’ that have yet to find their way to the TP. There’s a few threads dedicated to “Final Rest” alone.

Probably bugged… lol

Irony…. xD

MaRko.3165

Probably bugged… lol

Actually at different points in the game I’ve had a “Lover” and “Final Rest” in my inventory. Not knowing the value/rare ether item was (and were useless for my toon) they got scrapped. (can I blame to much fun in the 60/70’s for not remembering where it dropped?)

Rare/Unique = “ultra scarcity” – I think its WAY cool.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I agree, they need to be even rarer, not even grindier.

@OnTopic, don’t forget t6 matts are also used to other weapon skins than just legendaries.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Not sure how that would be possible without falling back on the tired and outdated concept of RNG even more.

MaRko.3165

Not sure how that would be possible without falling back on the tired and outdated concept of RNG even more.

My thought was to make them 1 per server. Let each one be a rare drop from a known location but once one drops that’s it – sole bound – until destroyed. Say there are 30 servers – only 30 xx in game. Just toss in a ‘catch’ – if the item is not used for 90days then it magically vanishes from your inventory to be a rare drop again.

This would keep them rare and very unique and get rid of all this ‘grind’ and ‘farm’ nonsense some folks are doing. The price of T6 mat’s would go down and could make actual crafting useful.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There’s a scavenger hunt on the way, which is addressing the issue of precursors.

Actually the last time anet spoke about this they said it was on the backburner.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

If anything legendaires need to be much rarer, precursors too, they are kitten everywhere these days.

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

People want legendaries because they are called legendary. Nothing more is needed to create that desire.

Add to the fact that most people can’t afford one and presto, envy is in full force.

Don’t get me wrong, I think the whole way legendaries are handled is total crap but people are falling for this gimmick. The OP should not worry so much over how much precursors cost on the TP in my view. He should be more upset that a legendary weapon is an economic endeavour involving luck or gold and look at himself for wanting a legendary that actually isn’t legendary per definition.

If they took a wooden plank and called it legendary, people would want it. So a few shiny skins and shooting unicorns is what it takes to make you go green with envy? I really don’t know what is the saddest part: The OP and others who actually fell for this nonesenes or Anet for stooping as low as this to exploit people’s greed and envy. This is how I see it.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I have a precursor now. I’ve had it about a week or two. I’m already bored with dumping everything I find of value into it. When the prices go up enough that I’ll break even, I’ll probably sell it.

If anything, precursors should be more rare so people don’t waste their time and money on them.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Because if you run dungeons and open world events, you can get rares and exotics easily. It’s not hard and when I say it’s under the players control, I mean it’s not something the RMT companies can dominate.

this is about the economy, ultra scarcity and RMT ruining the game through an extreme necessity of gold. >:(

Uhm you DO realize that when they limit loot drops and use DR to harm the playerbase (because it’s seriously NOT doing a thing to bots they’re still here teleporting all over the place) then it harms the economy right?! I mean we’re talking about the same thing here however you’re failing to realize that the whole issue of the economy being as bad as it is isn’t because they have a single currency that can be purchased in their store (indirectly thru conversion or not) but because they have limited to loot SO much that people can’t sell anything in the store, the fewer the sales, the higher the prices the easier it is for people to manipulate this type of TP and the prices skyrocket. They still haven’t fixed the problem of getting Lodestones for example. If you buy the RNG chests they have (craftbag) then you end up with everything but what you’re looking for. That craftbag should drop nothing but every rare lodestone, powerful blood, gossamer scraps seriously because those are THE most difficult items to get in open world.

Basically they have a tiny few who started the game early maxed out to 80 in 3-4 days and spent the entire first month buying karma items from vendors like vanilla beans, and farming the items that are rare so that they can manipulate the market to continue to squeeze the players willing to go to the gem store buy gems and convert them to gold to gear their characters the way they want to gear them.

It’s the same thing you’re talking about but make no mistake, we don’t have as much control as you think we do. They even nerfed loot in dungeons. There’s threads all over the place complaining about it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

Jumping in with what might be slowly turning to a mantra – you don’t pay a subscription, you are trying to circumvent a clear solution so you can circumvent RMT, RMT is the revenue source for this game…

One is not only discussing how hard it is to rip off Anet, but one also has the audacity to complain about how bad one is at doing so and expect the vendor to investigate. You can still buy into the TP without breaking the RMT bank (assuming average income adult player) so inflation is not at a dangerous level from a revenue POV.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Here’s the thing. Anet has said Legendary weapons will always be best in slot. That means if they add new tiers of armor and weapons legendary items will be free upgrades.

Besides that, legendary items are one of the big “end game” to dos. The ever moving goal post that are precursors is just not fun. In fact it’s the antithesis of fun, for about 99% of the people who want a legendary. Which goes against anets manifesto.

Which has no timeline for completion. Not this month. Not next month, probably not the month after that or even the month after that. Anet has said that pretty much only 1 person is working on it, not even as their main task, and that it’s basically still just an early design concept.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Explain games that don’t follow this trend and do that then?

1. Those games aren’t also MMOs
  2. Steam, Xbox, and Playstation achievements/trophies. They do follow the trend.
“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Posted by: Sito.6352

Sito.6352

I agree with everything. It’s not just the price of precursors going up like hell, but everything. I think around the november patch, ecto price was something like.. 16 silver? Now its gone up to ~40 silver while it has been harder to get gold because of the november patch. The thing is, it’s really frustrating to play right now with the high prices and the loot problems the game is having.

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

Probably bugged… lol

Actually at different points in the game I’ve had a “Lover” and “Final Rest” in my inventory. Not knowing the value/rare ether item was (and were useless for my toon) they got scrapped. (can I blame to much fun in the 60/70’s for not remembering where it dropped?)

Rare/Unique = “ultra scarcity” – I think its WAY cool.

No, you haven’t had a Final Rest in your inventory because it hasn’t been looted. If you are going to try to make a point, a blatant lie gets you nowhere.

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Stopped reading at “precursor”, which was the first word or so. Plenty of threads about this. No need to create another one. Whatever you wrote may or may not have been valid. Regardless, it was a point stated a thousand times.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Stopped reading at “precursor”, which was the first word or so. Plenty of threads about this. No need to create another one. Whatever you wrote may or may not have been valid. Regardless, it was a point stated a thousand times.

I’d suggest going back and reading it, it’s scarcity causing a negative ripple effect across the reward structure and economy of the game, specifically RMTs and how simple “do this for gold” mechanics encourage RMTs.

It just uses precursors as a go-to example.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I don’t usually like to do it, but it’s so applicable here:

/thread

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall