Scavanger Hunt - Loot Goblins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tajmo.1836

Tajmo.1836

Anyone else spot these loot goblins ,similar to the one’s in Diablo 3?

They seem to sometimes spawn when you open a chest in the open world, and then run away dropping loot as you hit them. Problem is they run faster than you, so I only managed to kill one of the two I have come across over the last couple of weeks.

The loot dropped is fantastic. Is this new?

“all your shinies are belong to us” – Skritt Citizen

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Yeh, they arrived with the lost shores update
Crippling them usually works to slow them down to killable speed

Posted by: Gluttony.2017

Gluttony.2017

nah was added a while ago now, although i havent been lucky enough to encounter one yet.

Tajmo.1836

Tosha: How do you feel about the loot they drop? Could this be the pre-curser scavenger hunt ArenaNet has been talking about?

The reason I think so is because encountering them is so extremely random and rare, or am I doing it wrong?

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

They are rare. You can trigger them by opening special treasure chests, but I myself have only seen them twice so far.

The loot is nice Last time I ran through a DE swarming with risen to catch the little critter, and it was worth it I don’t think this is the scavenger hunt though, Anet said that will not come for at least a few months yet.

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

You can encounter one in Frostgorge Sound. It may have a slight chance of dropping a precursor.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Tosha: How do you feel about the loot they drop? Could this be the pre-curser scavenger hunt ArenaNet has been talking about?

The reason I think so is because encountering them is so extremely random and rare, or am I doing it wrong?

The scavenger hunt is still only in the theory stage.

Tajmo.1836

@Preyar

Is it at a fixed location or general area?

Also, I received two infraction points for posting “false and misleading information” in my original post. So apologies for whatever part of it is untrue, I was probably seeing things.

Kromica.2831

@Preyar

Also, I received two infraction points for posting “false and misleading information” in my original post. So apologies for whatever part of it is untrue, I was probably seeing things.

The misleading part was saying fantastic loot drops as those do not exist in this game :p

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

@Preyar

The misleading part was saying fantastic loot drops as those do not exist in this game :p

TroIololol

What do they actually drop?

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skritt_burglar

One day a couple friends and I went around to all the known spawn points. We chased that little fella all over Tyria!

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

Are you talking about http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skritt_Burglar ? Because if so there’s more to it than just the loot she drops. There are achievements that go along with finding her.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

This has absolutely nothing to do with the scavenger hunt, which is probably still in the planning stages. I doubt it will be ready within 6 months.

I have only came across one goblin and it dropped only three items, one rare.

If anyone has ever played Diablo 3, the fun is not the loot, but the endless train of mobs that you aggro just to kill the guy.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

Oh yeah and as for the scavenger hunt… didn’t a Dev post in that thread saying they were NOT working on such a thing?

Kromica.2831

Oh yeah and as for the scavenger hunt… didn’t a Dev post in that thread saying they were NOT working on such a thing?

They have people thinking about ways that it could work

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Havent seen a goblin but i have had a Skritt do the same thing strange how 5 minutes ago i would have been cautious about runnging through that room full of mobs now its that little kitten is getting away with my loot CHARGE.

they are fast and only caught him because i had cripples and some one else ran past and helped beat him up.

Ulfar SOR