Scenario: Will I get into trouble?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: justkoh.4073

justkoh.4073

Since I now know that most folks don’t read the entire thread and since concerned posters have advised me as such, I have put up a “spoiler” to clarify the situation.

Its very heartening to hear all your comments (so far).

In reality, my brother was the victim and I really have no idea why he was kicked except it was sudden and without warning (the guy admitted as much).

I have no idea if its really because they have a guildie who has Nomads/Magi but when I thought about it, it was the only reason I could think of.

I apologize for presenting the scenario in this way but I felt from the victim’s perspective will make me look whiney… And, to increase awareness of establishing a pattern to combat such behavior.

To the OP: I understand your technique in trying to make a point across, but I don’t think it was as good idea as you possibly thought it was, so I suggest you change it as some people are still clearly not understanding that you’re not trolling dungeon parties even after you’ve revealed you are not.

To those who read the entire thread and understood my point, thank you!

The original OP can still be found as quotes in some posts but I urge you to take a look at the screenshots provided before jumping to conclusions.

If I learnt one thing today, its that people don’t read the other posts before replying. :\

I am glad for the community’s indignation and outrage to such a thing but am unsure if it will make a difference in the end. I can only hope.

(edited by justkoh.4073)

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

I think you know the answer to your question.

Great job souring an innocent players experience in the game while ignoring the fact that your guildie can easily switch his armor.

(edited by Deli.1302)

Posted by: enlightened.5396

enlightened.5396

Despicable behaviour. Unlikely to be reported. You are undoubtedly being a jerk and your guildie should be ashamed of him/herself.

IGN – San Jacinto
Vanishing Legacy (VALE)

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Yes. Reportable. And since there’s a pattern of you doing it, a bannable offence.

The pug will not get into trouble for abusing the report tool.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Reportable. If I was the PUG in your group, you can bet I’d be reporting you for abuse of the LFG tool.

The only way you could cover yourself in this situation is if you posted straight up in your LFG: “Looking for 5th to stack kill Spider Queen. Please leave afterwards or you will be kicked.”

And if somebody still joined your group after that, well, they deserve what they get for not reading properly.

EDIT: Also, if your guildie is too weak/unskilled to stack kill the Queen, why not just fight her in the open? It takes, what, an extra 20 – 30 seconds to kill her that way? Unless you’re trying to break a speed clear record, I highly doubt that short an amount of time matters to you and your friends.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

I believe this would (or should) be an abuse of the LFG system, so it may be reportable. If it’s a repeated occurrence, and/or if one of those PuG’s submits a support ticket with more info on it about you and your guild, then you will likely receive some form of punishment. I would not condone this kind of behavior myself, as it is selfish and very inconsiderate.

Some easy and obvious alternative would be to either have that one guild mate change armor, ask another guild mate to kill the spider queen then switch out rather than tricking an innocent, or simply not use the stacking approach.

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Definitely jerk behavior.
Don’t know if it’s something that’d be reportable – but that doesn’t mean you’re not a jerk for doing it. Your guildie can maybe pick up other gear for that segment, and/or retrait, but you’re wasting someone else’s time and making their day worse, as well as their game time less enjoyable, instead.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Yes reportable
Yes abuse of the system and other players
Yes action can be taken

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Reportable. I hope you’ll get permaban.

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

That’s really sad… And what’s more depressing is that you’re asking us if it’s considered jerk behaviour or not…

Why would you waste your energy to make other people’s lives miserable?

(edited by Davey.7029)

justkoh.4073

In reality, my brother was the victim and I really have no idea why he was kicked except it was sudden and without warning (the guy admitted as much).

I have no idea if its really because they have a guildie who has Nomads/Magi but when I thought about it, it was the only reason I could think of.

Great job souring an innocent players experience in the game while ignoring the fact that your guildie can easily switch his armor.

I fully agree with you and my thoughts exactly. My brother just joined the game 3 months ago but having played and done AC all paths everyday (literally Mon to Sun), has become very proficient at it. We’re all grown up so no crying about it but this is one of my major concern as well.

Yes. Reportable. And since there’s a pattern of you doing it, a bannable offence.

A report was made and we do not believe that we will get into any trouble either.

I agree that a pattern needed to be established so even if nothing happens this time, once there is a history, A-net would be more likely to take action.

The only way you could cover yourself in this situation is if you posted straight up in your LFG: “Looking for 5th to stack kill Spider Queen. Please leave afterwards or you will be kicked.”

And if somebody still joined your group after that, well, they deserve what they get for not reading properly.

EDIT: Also, if your guildie is too weak/unskilled to stack kill the Queen, why not just fight her in the open? It takes, what, an extra 20 – 30 seconds to kill her that way? Unless you’re trying to break a speed clear record, I highly doubt that short an amount of time matters to you and your friends.

Agree with you on pre-stated conditions in LFG. The LFG was “P1 80s only”.

As for killing the SQ, our preference is to fight her in the open. As a matter of fact, we have not found anyone (PUGs or guilds) wanting to stack for perhaps a month already. But yet, my brother was able to help kill it with Time Warp.

I apologize for presenting the scenario in this way but I felt from the victim’s perspective will make me look whiney… And, to increase awareness of establishing a pattern to combat such behavior.

So far, 8 replies and mostly that it is bannable. Good.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

Words fail me. They would all come out as kitten anyway.

Yes you can be reported and banned, especially if it is behavior you repeat over and over again. And honestly I hope that you are.

Here’s the thing to understand about User Agreements and Rules of Conduct. They aren’t written to protect you, they’re written to protect the company who’s presenting them to you. It gives them legal cover to sanction or ban you from their service. Since they are worded by lawyers working for the company, they heavily favor the company. They are just vague enough that you have very few rights inside the game, and Anet can really ban you for any reason it wants. If you get upset about the ban, they may refund you the purchase of the game but that’s as far as they are legally required to go.

What you’re doing would fall under the very broad definition given in the “Rules of Conduct.” Right in the beginning, rule number 1: “While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players.” You are both defrauding them and causing them distress. Yes they’re very broad terms, but you signed the agreement and gave Anet the power to interpret those terms any way they want.

The only thing really keeping companies like Anet from being draconian with their bans is they want lots of people to keep on spending money, maintain a friendly environment, and avoid negative publicity.

Of course those things don’t apply to what you’re doing here since you’re creating an environment of distrust and malice. If anything it makes Anet look bad looking the other way on your activity and keeping you in the game, especially with the brazen and unrepentant way you talk about ruining other player’s experience, even admitting to it on the official forums. Have your lazy kitten buddy buy the right gear and learn to play the game, it isn’t that expensive or difficult.

I guess this is reason #278 why you should never PUG. Sad.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I hope I never see you or your guild in game.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

wow dude…

just kill spider queen with 4 people…
and just tell your guildmate to buy a second armor/weaponset…you can just buy him a full exotic zerker set and he pays back the gold when he farmed enough
but dont waste the time of others by tricking them..

you could also just type into lfg:
looking for help to kill spider queen paying 0.5g
then its no problem..

and to answer your question:
I hope you will get in trouble!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Well… in trouble? Dunno.. maybe not, depends on the poor kittens you abuse for your lazy guild member who cant be bothered to have two armor sets (that he should be able to affort with daily runs) and if they report you or not, im sure if enough people report you for the same thing done at the same place eventually you will get your trouble. Want my opinion? You are a rearhole and you should get in trouble and i really hope you will. You are the type of player that makes people avoid pug runs and so make the game less social. Seriosly go and kitten yourself

Posted by: CJay.4067

CJay.4067

thats why you should directly leave again if you join a guild group as a pug. heard about stuff like this alot.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Want to ask the community to comment on this scenario.

I do AC with my guild everyday with a preference to stack for the Spider Queen (SQ). One of my guildies is running Nomad/Magi (or anyway low damage) gear and as a result, we cannot kill her before she unleashes her poison AOE and wipes the party.

To solve this, we have him not join the party for this stage and get a PUG who can do better damage. Once done, the PUG can be kicked and my guildie invited back into party. This needs to be done fast and without warning so that there isn’t time to gather evidence.

Unfortunately, because of recent changes to the LFG system, he would have our names. But if any PUG thinks this is unfair and contacts me, I (politely) point out that:

• No harm was done (as in he was not threatened or scammed),
  • He didn’t meet my “requirements” (this isn’t the requirement stated in the LFG. I just make it up and don’t actually communicate it),
  • Hardly any time was wasted since SQ takes place at the start of the dungeon,
  • Reporting will do no good and in fact, he will get into trouble for abusing the reporting tool.

I know many will think I am being a jerk and all (don’t have to repeat it) but so far, I don’t see anything against the TOS or reportable about this strategy to help my guildie get through AC everyday.

Please comment. Reportable? Just jerk behavior? Or perfect crime?

From the GW2 code of conduct:

“While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.”

I would interpret what you are doing as defrauding another player. I wouldn’t be surprised if Anet agrees.

Posted by: Shylark.4951

Shylark.4951

I have to say I have seen some low life tactics before but you have just proven how low you are… I think every one here hit the nail on the head… I hope a Admin sees this and drops you where you belong…

Life is just a Big Role Playing Adventure…

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This needs to be done fast and without warning so that there isn’t time to gather evidence.

Why are you even asking, if you know the answer? And it is obvious that you do know it.
Frankly, i don’t get you – it’s not like the queen cannot be easily killed without being a kitten.

Edit:

Doh, that’s why i get for replying without reading whole thread. Yeah, definitely bannable, no argument here.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

My goodness! deplorable despicable (and other words beginning with the letter D) behavior, if I am ever in a guild that even remotely thinks they should try this type of stunt then expect my full resignation effective immediately without discussion, in fact I think I’d break my mouse button in the efforts to resign from said guild.

I would certainly be reaching for my report button.

Server: Gate of Madness

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I feel sorry for the “Pug” that has been invited to OP’s group because they as “guild” cannot kill Spider Queen.

One for another, I kind of enjoy total randoms who did AC at least 3 times and more or less understood it’s mechanics.

Oh, even after boosting Queen, I did make it duo and trio with some friends.
No one wiped.
And we’re not some super uber best elitist YOLO w/e.

cheers

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I fully agree with you and my thoughts exactly. My brother just joined the game 3 months ago but having played and done AC all paths everyday (literally Mon to Sun), has become very proficient at it. We’re all grown up so no crying about it but this is one of my major concern as well.

A report was made and we do not believe that we will get into any trouble either.

I agree that a pattern needed to be established so even if nothing happens this time, once there is a history, A-net would be more likely to take action.

Agree with you on pre-stated conditions in LFG. The LFG was “P1 80s only”.

As for killing the SQ, our preference is to fight her in the open. As a matter of fact, we have not found anyone (PUGs or guilds) wanting to stack for perhaps a month already. But yet, my brother was able to help kill it with Time Warp.

So far, 8 replies and mostly that it is bannable. Good.

I really have no idea why you did this in this way… but sure, whatever. I’d strongly advise you to link to this post in your OP, if you don’t want to end up on a large number of block lists.

Posted by: MasterKitty.8205

MasterKitty.8205

Is this a trollpost? Of course it’s reportable and players who do that should be (but, obviously aren’t) ashamed of their actions. I really do hope ANet reacts to players like you and possibly permabans you.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Why are you letting your guildie run that armor.. .lolol

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

As above you have by your wording alienated a lot of people. Don’t know why. If you are trying to deflect it was badly done, if you are trying to draw attention to the problem it was badly done.

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

In general, if you ask yourself the question, “is my behavior something that might make players stop playing the game?” and the answer could be construed as “yes”, you should probably stop doing what you’re doing.

You did the right thing to report. Arenanet’s support team likely considers it a great day when they can find and ban people for doing stuff like this.

(edited by wwwes.1398)

justkoh.4073

I really have no idea why you did this in this way… but sure, whatever. I’d strongly advise you to link to this post in your OP, if you don’t want to end up on a large number of block lists.

I wanted to let this simmer longer to get a reaction but it seems unanimous enough. I tried to replicate the fellow’s attitude to this in the confrontation afterwards too. OK, will take your advice.

Somehow when I decided on the approach, I imagined people telling me to “suck it up and move on”. Guess that’s from too much stalking of the Archeage forums. The replies are harsh as they should be, yet an encouraging reflection on the community.

As above you have by your wording alienated a lot of people. Don’t know why. If you are trying to deflect it was badly done, if you are trying to draw attention to the problem it was badly done.

I am unafraid of ‘alienating’ people. The world is big and people come and go.

If I’ve a concern, it is that A-net takes the OP at face value without investigation. If they investigate, then they will know if we are perpetrator or victim.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Please comment. Reportable? Just jerk behavior? Or perfect crime?

A perfect crime is you are doing it and no ones knows about it. Now that you bring this up, it’s either a scenario that you want to see how others react or you are a victim who wants to bring this to Anet’s attention.

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

If I’ve a concern, it is that A-net takes the OP at face value without investigation. If they investigate, then they will know if we are perpetrator or victim.

Too bad that rest of us will never know. You could just be lying now after you found out that that kind of behavior is unacceptable and could even lead to a ban.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

This is a classic case of abusing the LFG tool. There is a report option specifically for that and people like you.

I hope you and all your guild mates get perma banned, and soon.

Edit: Read the spoiler. Silly way to frame your post just because you didn’t want to appear whiny.

Too bad that rest of us will never know. You could just be lying now after you found out that that kind of behavior is unacceptable and could even lead to a ban.

I thought the same thing, too.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Tenrai Senshi.2017

Tenrai Senshi.2017

Quite frankly, even if you couldn’t get into trouble for this, you still shouldn’t do it. It’s shameful behavior and if you have even an ounce of self respect or integrity, you wouldn’t commit such a lowly act at all, let alone repeat it on a regular basis.

I did read the spoiler, but quite frankly I don’t know if I can believe that you were just trying to get a reaction or that the real victim of such an incident was your brother. If that was the case you could have simply stated the truth from the start, and you still would have gotten fairly accurate responses with regards to how others would perceive the situation.

This entire post just seems completely wrong. You should have thought about it more carefully.

Posted by: blackysharky.7581

blackysharky.7581

I guess this says everything.

Attachments:

Sir Masao
Warrior
Elonas Reach [EU]

Posted by: A Parody of Vandal.6530

A Parody of Vandal.6530

I am the ‘brother’ implicated in the OP.

We think its fair that many of you would find it hard to determine who to believe given the circumstances and the way this was broached. That’s my bro for you. I only wish I didn’t drag him into this. Nonetheless, one takeaway is that this behavior is not tolerated; at least by the forum goers.

So does it mean these guys will get banned? Will anything come of it? As I said (see screens), internally I don’t think so but I too wished to establish a pattern in the hopes that justice will be served some day. The other thing I also said is, if this is a game where victim becomes the accused, I guess its really not for me.

This is neither a jury trial nor that right or wrong depends on forum folk say-so but I’d like to clear things up where possible.

So without further ado, let me provide the screens to the ‘confrontation’. These were taken more or less as an afterthought and a little rushed as I joined my new party in AC; I also recognize one or 2 lines were cut-off. A few things to note:

*Black squares hide un-related names,
*I confirm that I did not see any instruction or “requirement” from them in game,
*There is admission that they did not give any warning before kicking,
*They seem to be on TS and I imagine are colluding in some way to justify their actions,

• I wouldn’t accept their invite to do P3 for obvious reasons. You know, fool me once, shame on you… etc?

The 2nd pic is just to establish the server time. After that, my bro posted on the forums in a huff.

Interested to see what will come of this.

Attachments:

Posted by: Cassandra Nea.2507

Cassandra Nea.2507

I’m confused as hell. You have no idea why your Brother was kicked but the guy who did it admitted it was sudden and without warning?

You have no idea if it was because a guildie insisted on using Nomad/Magi but it’s the only reason you can think of?

Is it a normal thing for you to make up wild scenarios to explain things you don’t understand?

Edited to add that the screenshot posted above by the OPs Brother doesn’t really clear anything up for me but simply makes the whole thing seem more suspicious.

(edited by Cassandra Nea.2507)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Everyone you need to read this bit before replying to the OP’s original post with verbal abuse.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

Waw, this topic took a real twist :o

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Everyone you need to read this bit before replying to the OP’s original post with verbal abuse.

Why? There’s no excuses for being an kitten.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

So practise what you preach.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

So practise what you preach.

If you act in a bad manner and you won’t admit what you did wrong and you won’t beg on your knees for forgiveness. Then you need to teach that person a lesson, or that person won’t learn. No excuses. That person have to take the consequences.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

A screenshot of the LFG post would’ve been very helpful in this case, as it is we don’t know why the kick happened in the first place.

A Parody of Vandal.6530

A screenshot of the LFG post would’ve been very helpful in this case, as it is we don’t know why the kick happened in the first place.

It really was just “P1 80s”.

The guy doesn’t dispute that and says that they had some new requirement in the dungeon which conveniently, wasn’t communicated.

Please see screens provided in my post above.

PS. You also don’t usually kick someone who could stack with you and beat the SQ together.

(edited by A Parody of Vandal.6530)

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Quite frankly, even if you couldn’t get into trouble for this, you still shouldn’t do it. It’s shameful behavior and if you have even an ounce of self respect or integrity, you wouldn’t commit such a lowly act at all, let alone repeat it on a regular basis.

I did read the spoiler, but quite frankly I don’t know if I can believe that you were just trying to get a reaction or that the real victim of such an incident was your brother. If that was the case you could have simply stated the truth from the start, and you still would have gotten fairly accurate responses with regards to how others would perceive the situation.

This entire post just seems completely wrong. You should have thought about it more carefully.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Dramatic much? While I don’t like people being kicked for now readily-apparent reason, you’ve probably wasted near as much time with this forum post as you would running through Spider Queen. Just don’t party with them again and move on with your life. If you report them, that’s that—Move on.

This thread itself is incredibly awkward. You don’t have a ton to work with, information-wise, and you’re just making up a lot of it from whole cloth to fit the situation. That might have seemed like a good idea, but it’s not. You’re asking for opinions on a made up situation, on a half-fictional person. Even if it started with something that really happened, you, a biased party, wrote it up from the perspective of someone you personally dislike, so is it any surprise at all that other people are finding the character your wrote unpleasant?

I’m not even going to add any more thoughts about the in-game situation, because the strangeness of the way this thread is written overshadows that situation.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

@op
To be honest it’s not a big deal at all, it takes a minute or two from start to killing the spider queen.

It could be a friend going online to join(yeah I know that sucks but the timing isn’t something like 50-90% of the dungeon is already done and they probably just wanna play with their friend instead of a pug and not kick a pug so a friend could get the end rewards scenario).

I went through a similar scenario, joined “80 exp zerks only” in TA and saw a bear bow in the party with green-white grade skins with less than 1k ap with all 3 of the wrong signets.

I promptly said in party chat “bear bow” and initiated a kick and someone seconded(because anyone with a common sense would know the guy was just leeching and I’m not keen on taking a second ranger if he isn’t gonna contribute personal DPS at all).

A guy screamed at party chat no, etc.(some hammer camping guard lol) The bear bow got re invited and I was kicked.

So all in all it’s just a pair of guys wanting to be carried and kicking anyone that call them out for it.

Long story short, you probably are better off not continuing with that party early on instead of the last boss
(there wasn’t significant progress wherein you wasted time and were just adding a friend who just got online or they were just bad and wanted extra help at the start like you implied, but we won’t really know I guess).

The guy doesn’t dispute that and says that they had some new requirement in the dungeon which conveniently, wasn’t communicated.

PS. You also don’t usually kick someone who could stack with you and beat the SQ together.

I’d imagine a mesmer not popping a readied mantra of resolve when it was helpful would be a cause for a kick but then again that’s kinda too picky for “p1 80’s”. Maybe they asked you to use a certain skill like TW and you didn’t comply(in say chat and you weren’t in range to receive the chat)? It could be your fault or theirs or simply a miscommunication.

It could be anything but you really shouldn’t be bothered because there are worse kittenbaggery that happen to other people that will not get the kittenbags “in trouble” (soloing arah and giving the run away for free and getting kicked from their own run etc.).

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

How about learning the game mechanics as intended instead of stacking? None of these problems would happen and all gear would be useful period.

Maybe A Net should add a new AI for an instant kill move if everyone is up in the enemies face:

Code:
If: players in my face = 5; then: instant kill all;

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

A Parody of Vandal.6530

@op
To be honest it’s not a big deal at all, it takes a minute or two from start to killing the spider queen.

It could be a friend going online to join(yeah I know that sucks but the timing isn’t something like 50-90% of the dungeon is already done and they probably just wanna play with their friend instead of a pug and not kick a pug so a friend could get the end rewards scenario).

I went through a similar scenario, joined “80 exp zerks only” in TA and saw a bear bow in the party with green-white grade skins with less than 1k ap with all 3 of the wrong signets.

I promptly said in party chat “bear bow” and initiated a kick and someone seconded(because anyone with a common sense would know the guy was just leeching and I’m not keen on taking a second ranger if he isn’t gonna contribute personal DPS at all).

A guy screamed at party chat no, etc.(some hammer camping guard lol) The bear bow got re invited and I was kicked.

So all in all it’s just a pair of guys wanting to be carried and kicking anyone that call them out for it.

Long story short, you probably are better off not continuing with that party early on instead of the last boss
(there wasn’t significant progress wherein you wasted time and were just adding a friend who just got online or they were just bad and wanted extra help at the start like you implied, but we won’t really know I guess).

I’d imagine a mesmer not popping a readied mantra of resolve when it was helpful would be a cause for a kick but then again that’s kinda too picky for “p1 80’s”. Maybe they asked you to use a certain skill like TW and you didn’t comply(in say chat and you weren’t in range to receive the chat)? It could be your fault or theirs or simply a miscommunication.

It could be anything but you really shouldn’t be bothered because there are worse kittenbaggery that happen to other people that will not get the kittenbags “in trouble” (soloing arah and giving the run away for free and getting kicked from their own run etc.).

BTW, that 2nd screen is at the dungeon entrance before we fight anything; that was a new party. That “other” party, I used Time Warp and we won.

While my bro’s approach was rash, his post has the reaction we hoped for (vs QQ moar or something like that). As most people have pointed out, it is a despicable thing to do by unrepentant people who lack integrity. It sours trust and playing experience. We’re not afraid to ask A-net to investigate thoroughly and punish the guilty parties.

My bro is being protective, just as he’s always been. As for me, I immediately extrapolated the situation into " what if everyone did that?" It had to be nipped in the bud. Plus, I have gotten pretty familiar with the dungeon and have never given cause for complaint, even while leveling up.

When cooler heads prevail, you’re probably right, sir.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You might get into trouble. I hope you do.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Some people… just….wow.

It’s completely beside the point that “it only takes a minute” to get to the spider queen. It’s a completely lame move to do something like this. Not only are you insulting your guildie (because you consider them subpar and require some one else to take their place), but you are also being a complete kitten to some random person that now has to find a different group. Personally, I think your guildie should tell you to shove it and find people that can appreciate him/her for who they are / how they play without freaking restrictions. Beyond that, yeah, I could understand some people being peeved and taking issue with your actions and reporting you. I do hope anet considers it bannable, because this could easily leave a sour taste in a players mouth when they consider pugging.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Those screenshots. Wow. That’s master manipulator right there, using kittenty and disgusting logic trying to coerce you into not reporting them. Rofl. I hope that dude gets banned.

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

Dramatic much? While I don’t like people being kicked for now readily-apparent reason, you’ve probably wasted near as much time with this forum post as you would running through Spider Queen. Just don’t party with them again and move on with your life. If you report them, that’s that—Move on.

This thread itself is incredibly awkward. You don’t have a ton to work with, information-wise, and you’re just making up a lot of it from whole cloth to fit the situation. That might have seemed like a good idea, but it’s not. You’re asking for opinions on a made up situation, on a half-fictional person. Even if it started with something that really happened, you, a biased party, wrote it up from the perspective of someone you personally dislike, so is it any surprise at all that other people are finding the character your wrote unpleasant?

I’m not even going to add any more thoughts about the in-game situation, because the strangeness of the way this thread is written overshadows that situation.

Think about what you just said, then think about what life as a whole would look like if people did what you just very patronizingly told the guy to do.

There is a saying that goes something like “If you don’t do anything against it, you’re complicit.”