Scenario: Will I get into trouble?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Its very heartening to hear all your comments (so far).

In reality, my brother was the victim and I really have no idea why he was kicked except it was sudden and without warning (the guy admitted as much).

Everyone you need to read this bit before replying to the OP’s original post with verbal abuse.

Why? There’s no excuses for being an kitten.

So practise what you preach.

If you act in a bad manner and you won’t admit what you did wrong and you won’t beg on your knees for forgiveness. Then you need to teach that person a lesson, or that person won’t learn. No excuses. That person have to take the consequences.

If you had read what the OP put after the original post (i.e. the bit I said people should read before giving him or her verbal abuse), you’ll actually understand that he or she wasn’t the one acting in a bad manner. The OP was presenting the scenario in a certain way.

EVEN if he or she was acting in this way, it’s still no excuse to verbally abuse someone anyway, no matter what they had done, since you’re putting yourself at risk too.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Guys, you still need to read the OP’s second post before making a conclusion about the user.

To the OP: I understand your technique in trying to make a point across, but I don’t think it was as good idea as you possibly thought it was, so I suggest you change it as some people are still clearly not understanding that you’re not trolling dungeon parties even after you’ve revealed you are not.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

(edited by penelopehannibal.8947)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Please post the logins of your fellow guildies so I can group-block your kitten when I get home.

I had a feeling this had to be a troll but I didn’t think there’d be anything worthwhile in the spoiler. Yeah, these idiots need reported, and them saying crap like that in chat will only make it more obvious what they are trying to pull

(edited by Sariel V.7024)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Not against any rules, but it’s a pretty shitty thing to do.

I can carry a low damage person through ac with just 3/4 active contributors in the party, and I’m pretty new to the game. I’m sure you can manage the same

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

In reality this happened to me about a year ago. The fact I still remember it means this kind of behavior is bad and unforgetable.

I was puging with a 4-player in same guild. They were in skype as one of them mentioned that at the beginning. So along the whole SE run they combined skype with typing so the whole converstation in the chat channel didn’t make any sense to me. Then just when the boss arrived, one of them suddenly said a guild friend of his is up and wanted to play. He said sorry and kicked me. As if this is perfectly normal. So OP’s scenerio is real. But victims would usually just complain straight forward instead of pretending to be the villain to setup the trial.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I am the ‘brother’ implicated in the OP.

We think its fair that many of you would find it hard to determine who to believe given the circumstances and the way this was broached. That’s my bro for you. I only wish I didn’t drag him into this. Nonetheless, one takeaway is that this behavior is not tolerated; at least by the forum goers.

So does it mean these guys will get banned? Will anything come of it? As I said (see screens), internally I don’t think so but I too wished to establish a pattern in the hopes that justice will be served some day. The other thing I also said is, if this is a game where victim becomes the accused, I guess its really not for me.

You were brought on in bad faith. You were, in fact, scammed, though you were fortunate to only lose some time.

Will anything come of it? Unfortunately, we will never know. ANet support does say they will investigate any and all reports, and this dipkitten made the mistake of showing his hand in-chat. But ANet will not tell you what actions they take on your situation, so you’ll have to be happy with having filed the report.