Scheduled Maintenance

Scheduled Maintenance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Can we please have “Scheduled Maintenance”? /beg

Seriously. I can understand wanting to not stop valuable play time, but you’re messing us over more. It’s like “we won’t kick you out for a hour or so, but we’ll make sure you can’t do over half the things you want to.”

Just tell us a week in advance and shut the game down to take care of business. Please.

Currently, you’ve decided to screw me out of any group play. I don’t even know if I’m really even on line. My status reverts to “Offline” no matter what I set it to. I was in a group but now I show I’m not. They say I still show in group, but I’ve lost all group abilities. They can’t kick me to let me try to rejoin. I have no Guild Chat and no ability to get whispers. You’ve cut me off from everything I plan on doing.

I guess I’ll just log off for the night and pray by tomorrow evening you’re done screwing things up. Between this and the constant mistreatment from “Support”, maybe tomorrow is too soon.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Mercucial.6759

Mercucial.6759

Same happened to me in fotm, we decided to press on. Last boss of our second fractal and I just dced.

I would also prefer scheduled maintenance.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Voonith.2561

Voonith.2561

It is less frustrating to know there’s downtime and come back at a specific time than it is to be teased thinking you can play and then disconnected when you’re trying to group up with people to do things.

All’s fair in love and Wuv.
[ART] Gate of Madness

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

I missed the in game message and I can’t seem to find this anywhere on the forums….did they say how long it was going to be down for?

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I don’t mind the unplanned maintenance but I’m questioning the wisdom of doing it right in the middle of peak hours. There are only enough people online to get paid tourneys to pop for a couple of hours each day, so come back tomorrow I guess?

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

it did say “connectivity issues” may happen

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Volomon.9147

Volomon.9147

You know very well this wasn’t a planned maintenance, it has to be some kind of emergency maintenance because the timing is really bad.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

for such a new game, the support and attitude of the owners of this one is terrible. They drop servers for any reason any time of the day, and dont seem to care who is affected by it. Try messaging support and you wont receive a reply. Question or discuss the problem here and your post is deleted and you’re told to email the same email you tried before, which goes unanswered. Its like a maze of ineptitude and lack of care. This is really bad for a rookie game less than 4 months old.

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

You DO realize that this probably the first time GW2 has been down for any extended length of time in a long time right?

Compared to the maintenances of other MMOs, heck even non-MMOs like Diablo 3, the downtime of this game is pretty nonexistent.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Cover Girl.2580

Cover Girl.2580

I played COH for 6 years. we had scheduled maintenance once a week. they let us know well in advance when and where it was happening so we could plan accordingly. the issue i have here is that at ANY given moment you will be given 3 minutes or less warning that a new build is coming and that’s it. If you’re mid dungeon or fractal. tough kitten. same with wvw. lets say you dropped 7g worth of siege to take a keep…and are JUST about to cap the lord and take the keep.. new build. you lost the 7g AND all the hard work to get the keep. unless it’s an emergency issue. why not schedule it so we can know when its gonna be so we dont lose lots of time/money/effort?

Sanctum of Rall
The Mord Sith [MORD]
(Borderlands Stationed Commander)

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Wrydan.2510

Wrydan.2510

You DO realize that this probably the first time GW2 has been down for any extended length of time in a long time right?

Compared to the maintenances of other MMOs, heck even non-MMOs like Diablo 3, the downtime of this game is pretty nonexistent.

This is true… WoW has been eating some half-day-long downtimes almost once every week. If this DT takes care of a few issues then im all for it.

Prima Noyan – The Original Rainbow Guardian.
[CVA] has spread from Eve Online to GW2!
“For The Toast”

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Oorjuwa.1682

Oorjuwa.1682

Any idea why aren’t they using launcher to post such updates?

“You’ve got some really nice toys there. Mind if I break them?”
— Gwen

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Calm , when i startet on SBI wvw i remember we been only 2 commanders and i was the only who was payign the whole upgrades , cause the others guild dont have money.

/gc is nothing.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

That’s the problem. Every time they’ve opted to do “service while running” there’s been issues with play interruption. It’s obvious that they don’t need it weekly, like so many other games do. Why can’t they just be honest and tell us they’re sorry, but things have to come down? If it’s going to affect the login servers, grouping, communication, ect. then the servers should just be shut off. I’d much rather them take the servers down at a set time. Even the 3 minutes open world or 3 hours dungeon timers for “new builds” is good enough really. Only time I’ve had issues with the three minute warning was when I was gathering and wanted to finish before the nodes rescattered (that’s a whole other issue).

Simply scheduling maintenance in advance allows players to work their play time accordingly. Stop showboating that it can be done, and start doing it right.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

For “scheduled maintenence” to happen, Anet would have to be organised, coherant, stick to their plans and actually know what they are doing.

GW2 suggested they have lost this ability

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Xylith.4873

Xylith.4873

As MMO’s go, I thought this one was very good in terms of server down-time.

To be honest, I think a lot of you just want things to moan about, you’ve gotten so used to moaning that you just don’t know how to not do it.

I can guarantee that if they did schedule maintenance, there would be a thread coming up complaining about there being a scheduled maintenance instead of a hotfix with the servers still online.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Salmanazar.8547

Salmanazar.8547

I think the script they launched for the karka chest was the cause of this “scheduled maintenance” which in my mind was not scheduled at all…

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: soregashi.3146

soregashi.3146

I like it this way. Just give us 30 minutes instead of 3 and everything will be perfect.
Obviously ANet want to do it this way and I guess they have pretty good reason for this. The 3 minutes thing is really annoying, so I guess a change would be nice. To change the way people do their job is harder than slightly changing their timetable and make them inform players a bit earlier. And I think that’ll be solved problem with this little thing.
If they have scheduled maintenance downtime I’m sure there’ll be new pack of winers who’ll want the old way.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

I would like to see scheduled maintenance as well. Logged in after the 30 minute warning, and then proceeded to start the Balthazar DE chain in Straits of Devastation. After failing three times due to bugs/plain old failure due to zerg refusing to stop karma farming, I thought FINALLY I would get my obsidian shards. Then at when the Priest was at 1/8 health with like 7 mins still left on the timer, the servers crash. Needless to say I was pretty unhappy. Thank you unscheduled maintenance… I spent 45 mins-hour on that chain, only to end up with nothing. I couldn’t even log back in to buy my shards if by chance we did end up taking him down. Maybe 5th times a charm.

My point is I would have be a much happier customer if they just took down the servers for an hour or two during their slow hours. Or at least on a rotating schedule so the same people don’t continue to get hit with a server shutdown.

If they wont proceed with scheduled maintenance, then I’ll just learn my lesson and log off whenever I see the yellow “beginning maintenance now” text on my screen.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

Scheduled Maintenance

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It would be much better, if we inside an dungeon and everything we get that message of build and SOME MINUTES? Argh.

It would be an Scheduled Alert to give players time to finish what they are doing in time.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.