Scheduled world events are depressing.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where I had to consult a time table about what I can do when. Even in games where a guild I’m in has a schedule, I can still do other stuff whenever I want. My pve routine has gone from a dynamic experience where I got to pick which events I did to a scheduled bore. Everyone maps to the same zone, to do the same event (because there are no others), spams the same auto attacks, over and over. And it’s all zerg, too. No longer will you be able to find a world event with 4-5 people and have some minor semblance of challenge. Nope, every world event has an entire map zerg now.

I feel insignificant and worthless in a zerg. Nobody cares if I drop my banners or use my shouts. Nobody cares if I res others. At most they die and suffer a 0g repair bill and get ressed after the boss, still getting the loot. Nobody cares if I use a dps rotation or just automatically spam 1. Other than triple wurm/teq it doesn’t matter what you do, you still win. I don’t know why karka queen is held up to the same standard as teq, have you even done karka queen with 80 people? She melts to auto attack spam, if you find an egg to throw at her on the ground you barely notice a difference.

I got credit for the shatterer event while typing this with like 20% auto attack uptime on the boss because he moves and I was too lazy to tab back in to the game and retarget. Still got gold credit + loot (the value of which was like .01% of my next legendary, woo)

tl;dr: megaserver + schedule means everyone has to zerg the same boss at the same time, zergs = soul crushing boring

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Yep, same experience for me.

Before the patch, I could feel important because I was able to kill fire elemental with one or two other players in the morning hours and it was rewarding. Now it is no longer like adventuring but more like walking through a theme park with hordes of other visitors.

I may be a strange person but I liked the somewhat empty maps with unscheduled events way more.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

inb4 mmo=zerg wars 2

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

Game is ruined. I log on to stand around. SHould be called Guild Loitering 2.

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

Same here.

In the past the most fun that I’ve had in harahi hinderlands was being able to solo or fight ulgoth in small groups at certain times of the day. You actually needed a decent build and some strategy in order to win. Today I log in to fight ulgoth for the first time since the patch, because of the megaserver implementation, there was 6 commanders on the map with atleast 100 people camping at ulgoth. Took ages for ulgoth to spawn because of the new schedule. Needless to say when it came to the actual fight was boring as kittens.

Thanks anet for ruining the whole pve experience.

It is no wonder people say pve is easy, when u have a zerg there to kill things for you all you’ll need is spam 1 and nothing else. I forsee pve player skills go down the drain with the megaserver implementation.

(edited by squallaus.8321)

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

there was 6 commanders on the map with atleast 100 people camping at ulgoth.

Plains of ashford had like 8-10 commanders. For what I dont know I tried going to the area but it had so much kittene people i couldnt see the ground. I just ran away and did my ac p3.
its sorta like a crappy wvw

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

How many world bosses did I beat yesterday?

Zero.

I looked for a timetable, tried to convert it to my zone with all those daylight savings and what not, hopped zones… With no bosses to do I zerged some champs in Orr while waiting for people to understand that they should fail Arah defend event and got wiped around 4-5 times at Grenth which scaled so high that the whole fight turned into “hit 2 times – die – run back from waypoint”. I ran one dungeon (not the one I intended because CoF was open on the map view but closed on the map itself), then did what looked like a Wurm pre but turned out not.

Was it fun? No. But if that was a method to reduce the amount of ecto one person could get per day, they definitely succeeded.

And yes, being packed like sardines in the Grove was not fun.

20 level 80s and counting.

(edited by Lishtenbird.2814)

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

I always found the idea of scheduled world bosses odd.

“We will be stealing your car at 11pm this evening, be sure to have the police standing by”.

Posted by: Ticare.3948

Ticare.3948

For the people in this thread: correct me if i’m mistaken but i’m pretty sure the megaserver hasn’t even been rolled out yet for harathi hinterlands or plains of ashford. Probably just more people doing events after the patch

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

I don’t see how this is any different than before. Major bosses were already on a timetable, and minor bosses were ignored 70% of the time do to a lack of players on the map.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Some of us felt this way previously anyway about world events. I couldn’t choose what content to play and had to go to the world event that happened next, if someone was kind enough to tell me where it was. For bosses I couldn’t do much apart from stand around and auto-attack with too much graphics flare and lag for real gameplay.

I never liked the idea of looking for external websites to find events. Now I will have to look once for an internal website to find all the events. Is that better? Maybe.

Posted by: Moderator.6840

Moderator.6840

Hi everyone,

we are collecting the feedback about issues in dedicated threads because it makes it easier for the community team and others to keep track of it all. You are very welcome to repost your questions, comments and concerns in this thread.

Thank you!

(edited by Moderator.6840)