Scrap Farming: How Do You Pass the Time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Verdis.8472

Verdis.8472

Farming for scraps sucks. I’m trying to craft my ascended and Linen is as common as the dodo. What does everyone do to pass the time while they run around in circles hitting the same enemies for hours?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I don’t do that because I just cannot stand doing the same repetitive action for even an hour, let alone for multiple hours. I guess if I did farm, I’d put on a movie nearby or listen to a podcast.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I play where I want, but I give all containers that give gear tied to your char’s level to a level 53 char to open.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Find something more enjoyable to do that offers other rewards, perhaps gold, and then buy the mats for crafting?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Farming for anything is dull for me. So I do stuff that’s fun for me, sell valuables, salvage the rest, and buy whatever I need off the TP.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I suppose, if I were ever to farm a mat, I would play in the map that offers it as a Map Event Reward, give the pertinent loot bags to my L53, salvage the level-appropriate gear myself, salvage or sell the rest on the TP, sell extra mats on TP, and then buy any extra material I needed. Or I might craft some of the collection gear that sells very well, and use the Gold to buy what I need.

I certainly would not target a specific type of mob. That’s just too slow for me. It’s not like it used to be in Guild Wars, but maybe that’s because I was often farming for Trophies, rather than mats, and those seem to drop more often. /shrug

Good luck.

Posted by: Omnia Wind.2108

Omnia Wind.2108

If you have lots of karma, there’s a way. Buy a certain level cloth armor from karma vendors (the one south of LA has the right one) and mystic forge it. You’ll get items you can then salvage into linen. It’s still boring, but it’ll break up running around killing the same enemies.

~Omnia
Yak’s Bend FO LYFE [AI] [AGI]
minipets will be the death of me

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

If you have lots of karma, there’s a way. Buy a certain level cloth armor from karma vendors (the one south of LA has the right one) and mystic forge it. You’ll get items you can then salvage into linen. It’s still boring, but it’ll break up running around killing the same enemies.

A portable forge helps with this strat, so much. Which reminds me, I have a good 200k karma to burn on this.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Pumped.2371

Pumped.2371

Netflix + fractal 40 farm = Profit.