Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Some ratios and a reminder of what your karma can get you.

Had +95% boost for most of this (15% karmic infusion, 5% ice cream, 15% guild buff, 10% guild banner, 50% karma booster), then +90% when I ran out of time on the first (had to do a 5% banner).

Oh the joys of saving jugs. About 100g worth and some minipets for an hour of rapid clicking. My fingers hurt.

WvW commanders, quit yer kittenin’ about karma surplus and take a trip down to Orr.

Attachments:

Disciple of Quag

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Indeed, these boxes are a great way to spend Karma.

Spent ~2m karma recently on these with the same boosts, but only a 5% banner and no infusion, and must have made about 80g.

Not to mention I got my Obsidian Shards for my Kamohoali’i Kotaki while I was there – why would someone actually buy those things when you can make so much money getting them this way?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I had to spend about 200k karma, but i finally got the priest mini. :P

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Not to mention I got my Obsidian Shards for my Kamohoali’i Kotaki while I was there – why would someone actually buy those things when you can make so much money getting them this way?

Heh, yeah. That’s my plan for when I eventually embark on my Legendary quest. Forget buying them straight up from the Temple vendors; just slug down a couple of million karma, then invest it all into Orrian Boxes. I figure I’ll get back enough Obsidian Shards and then some, plus a bunch of extra loot on the side.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

An hour for a measly 100g? Doesn’t seem worth it….unless there’s something I’m missing.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

An hour for a measly 100g? Doesn’t seem worth it….unless there’s something I’m missing.

I suppose you have a faster way to make gold? ‘Cause I’d say this is a really good way to spend your karma.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Because for 2.7m karma you should have 1,300 shards instead of 350.

Some of us don’t get to have spare karma to dump

1+1 = potato

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Elbegast.6970

I suppose you have a faster way to make gold? ‘Cause I’d say this is a really good way to spend your karma.

Yeah, I have a faster way….go out and kill stuff. I got more gold and karma than I know what to do with. Gold is useless. Karma is useless. Only thing worth anything is Laurels and it’s just a headache farming those.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Lil Green Dragn.8049

Lil Green Dragn.8049

Yeah, I have a faster way….go out and kill stuff. I got more gold and karma than I know what to do with. Gold is useless. Karma is useless. Only thing worth anything is Laurels and it’s just a headache farming those.

You are trolling right? There’s no way you can get more than (or close to) 100g for an hour of killing mobs.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Elbegast.6970

You are trolling right? There’s no way you can get more than (or close to) 100g for an hour of killing mobs.

Do you even craft? If you aren’t making 100g+/hour, you aren’t trying. I’m baffled by people who seem to be perpetually broke in a game that hands out copper and loot with every other kill.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: interpol.2397

interpol.2397

Do you even craft? If you aren’t making 100g+/hour, you aren’t trying. I’m baffled by people who seem to be perpetually broke in a game that hands out copper and loot with every other kill.

You’re either trolling, or misunderstanding. They’re not talking about copper or silver, they’re talking about gold. 1g=100s=10 000c
You cannot make 100g an hour in GW2 by killing mobs, even if you farmed them so hard that you had blood shooting from your tearducts.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I make 5000g with crafting and “playing” the tp, do I fit in yet?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

A-net needs to add an option to trade in extra mini’s for laurels…

NSPride <3

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

I would be extremely surprised if it was possible to make 10g in an hour from just killing and selling, never mind a 100g.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Elbegast.6970

No, not ‘hour after hour’. I make 100g or more in ~hour (more or less), only when I feel like farming. I don’t farm for gold 24/7 or anything like that.

Another tip: Sell Guild Bounty locations during your farming runs and questing forays. Some guilds will pay 10g or more for current GB locations.

Some people just have no business sense. Opportunities abound in GW2. You just have to learn to recognize them.

(edited by Moderator)

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Lol. How do you farm 100g in one hour? Please tell me (don’t say ‘just kill stuff’ because that is just plainly untrue :P).

And 10g for a gb location? Lol there are websites (dulfy.com) that give you the locations for free. And even if you don’t know the location, finding the guy isn’t the hardest part of completing the guild bounty.

I believe I smell bullkitten ..

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Moderator)

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

You’re either trolling, or misunderstanding. They’re not talking about copper or silver, they’re talking about gold. 1g=100s=10 000c
You cannot make 100g an hour in GW2 by killing mobs, even if you farmed them so hard that you had blood shooting from your tearducts.

Yes you can. You just have to be smart. You don’t make gold by spending it. If you are trying to make gold but buying things on the Trading Co., you are doing it wrong. The Black Lion Trading Company is there to make you money at the expense of the players with questionable intelligence. Mobs are there to provide you with items to place on the Trading Co. If you want to make gold, get to killing/crafting and stop your spending.

So you make 100g per hour consistently, hour after hour, farming mobs and selling the resultant items you have looted/salvaged/crafted from the drops on the TP? I don’t think so.

No, not ‘hour after hour’. I make 100g or more in ~hour (more or less), only when I feel like farming. I don’t farm for gold 24/7 or anything like that.

Another tip: Sell Guild Bounty locations during your farming runs and questing forays. Some guilds will pay 10g or more for current GB locations.

Some people just have no business sense. Opportunities abound in GW2. You just have to learn to recognize them.

You are not going to be making 100g in an hour or less (as and when you feel like it) from loot drops and what you can do with them, unless you happen to score a precursor or something daft like that, i.e. fluke out and do something that is not consistently repeatable and is as such statistically insignificant.

Selling guild bounty locations is irrelevant in response to my post. I questioned your ability to make the figures you are suggesting from farming mobs and selling the results on the TP, not from extraneous activities. You could make 500g per hour selling “adult chat” for all I know/care, but it wouldn’t be pertinent to the doubts I raised about your initial claim.

Opportunities no doubt abound, that is not what I called into question though is it. I stated that it was highly unlikely that you are making 100g per hour from farming mobs and selling the results on the TP. Unless ofc you are botting or running a sweat shop of players somewhere.

Going about decrying peoples business savvy (or perceived lack of it), when you have no idea as to what they do (ig or otherwise) will not make anyone take you seriously.

(edited by Fenrir.3609)

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Elbegast.6970

Yes you can. You just have to be smart. You don’t make gold by spending it. If you are trying to make gold but buying things on the Trading Co., you are doing it wrong. The Black Lion Trading Company is there to make you money at the expense of the players with questionable intelligence. Mobs are there to provide you with items to place on the Trading Co. If you want to make gold, get to killing/crafting and stop your spending.

So you make 100g per hour consistently, hour after hour, farming mobs and selling the resultant items you have looted/salvaged/crafted from the drops on the TP? I don’t think so.

Lol. How do you farm 100g in one hour? Please tell me (don’t say ‘just kill stuff’ because that is just plainly untrue :P).

And 10g for a gb location? Lol there are websites (dulfy.com) that give you the locations for free. And even if you don’t know the location, finding the guy isn’t the hardest part of completing the guild bounty.

Kill stuff. Salvage stuff. Craft stuff. List stuff. The trick is it must be the right stuff. I’m not sharing that part. You will have to figure that out on your own. I don’t much cotten to competition.

And, only yesterday, I was offered 5g for the location of the GB in Diessa Plateau. A certain “Short-Fuse Felix” , if I remember correctly, who has a rather large patrol path.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Yeah, I have a faster way….go out and kill stuff.

So, 100 gold per hour killing stuff, huh?
1.66 gold per minute, just killing stuff…

Come on guys, that’s obviously a big troll…
Even looting rare mats and selling them on the tp can’t make 1.66 gold per minute.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Kill stuff. Salvage stuff. Craft stuff. List stuff. The trick is it must be the right stuff. I’m not sharing that part. You will have to figure that out on your own. I don’t much cotten to competition.

And, only yesterday, I was offered 5g for the location of the GB in Diessa Plateau. A certain “Short-Fuse Felix” , if I remember correctly, who has a rather large patrol path.

seems legit.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: pricer.5091

pricer.5091

Well of course, why would you give away the secrets, if you did everyone would realise that you are talking through your posterior.

Well I hope you aren’t on my server, because every time I see a GB target I call it in map chat…for free. Because, basically, I’m not a jerk and kindness gets repaid.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

The 100g hour is inaccurate…….it completely ignores how long it took to earn the jugs, which is the major time factor.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I make 5000g with crafting and “playing” the tp, do I fit in yet?

Dude thats what I make in 2 minutes. Do you even flip?

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

To get back to topic:
This post made me try again these boxes which had disappointed me
earlier.

So i bought boxes for 250k Karma I had saved on one of my chars. Result: Stuff for 1g 30s and 9 obsidian shards i do not need.

Not really a convincing ratio of converting karma into gold. Just another kind of roulette in this game.

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Warruz.8096

Warruz.8096

To get back to topic:
This post made me try again these boxes which had disappointed me
earlier.

So i bought boxes for 250k Karma I had saved on one of my chars. Result: Stuff for 1g 30s and 9 obsidian shards i do not need.

Not really a convincing ratio of converting karma into gold. Just another kind of roulette in this game.

People seem to not understand how good obsidian shards are all the time. The Mystic clover recipe specifically the 10 version usually has a great chance of lots of tier 6 materials.

Why was Crab Toss Removed? – http://tinyurl.com/kvbaakq

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I wish I could sell the obs shards, I’ve got like 100 of them and have no use for them whatsoever since I’m not interested in grinding out legendaries:(

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Sokar Rostau.7316

Sokar Rostau.7316

I wish I could sell the obs shards, I’ve got like 100 of them and have no use for them whatsoever since I’m not interested in grinding out legendaries:(

As was stated above: Mystic Clover recipe.

10 x Mystic Coin
10 x Obsidian Shard
10 x Ectoplasm
10 x Crystal

=

10 Mystic Clovers

OR

10-50 Tier 6 crafting materials (Orichalcum, etc.)
or
20-40 Fine Tier 6 crafting materials (Powerful Blood, etc.)
or
10 Lodestones
or
50 Ectoplasms
or
Moderately valuable junk.

The last time I bought Orrian Boxes, I got 3 assorted Lodestones from the Boxes and then a further 10 from the Mystic Clover recipe. I started with 20 Jugs and 220k Karma and ended up spending over 1 million Karma and making something like 16 or 17g.

Dragonbrand – Reforged Vanguard [ReVa]
Kyxha 80 Ranger, Sokar 80 Necro
Niobe 80 Guardian, Symbaoe 45 Ele

(edited by Sokar Rostau.7316)

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Oh I didn’t realize the clover recipe can give other random things too, I guess that’s something to do with them. What kind of crystal is that, the ones you get for skill points? Is there anything you can do with the clovers besides using them for legendaries?

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

Sadly not. The only thing they can be used for currently is the gift of fortune. I do hope they add more recipes involving clovers, obsidian shards, etc in the future, because I’m really not interested in any of the legendaries.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Unless you are trying for clovers I don’t think the clover recipe is really that profitable. It costs 2g in ectos for each try, and to just make that back is luck of the draw. Obviously you won’t make that back on any of the common T6 mats except Ori. You won’t make it back on T6 Claws, Bones, Fangs, or Venoms unless you get lucky and get a high amount. So it is a gamble, but if you need clovers then it is still profitable in that regard.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: ExaDal.2017

ExaDal.2017

This boxes are crap. I buy 250 two weeks ago, after open all i get 2 lodestones (YES TWO: 1 cristal and 1 Molten, the most cheap of all lodestones), 4 mini, 1 tonic, some shards and trash. The most big waste of karma.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Some ratios and a reminder of what your karma can get you.

Had +95% boost for most of this (15% karmic infusion, 5% ice cream, 15% guild buff, 10% guild banner, 50% karma booster), then +90% when I ran out of time on the first (had to do a 5% banner).

Oh the joys of saving jugs. About 100g worth and some minipets for an hour of rapid clicking. My fingers hurt.

WvW commanders, quit yer kittenin’ about karma surplus and take a trip down to Orr.

If it truly does drop the onyx and other lodestones I’m there but does anyone else have this experience? Is this just wishful thinking?

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

If it truly does drop the onyx and other lodestones I’m there but does anyone else have this experience? Is this just wishful thinking?

After reading other posts like this and then this one, I gobbled up my 150 jugs and 250+ drops of karma and went on an opening spree. I didn’t count how many I opened, probably in the area of 400-500. I now have 22 lodestones, though some of them were from the clover recipes I forged with the obsidian shards from the boxes. Most were from the boxes though, and I got at least one of each type from the boxes. For sure, I know these came from the boxes: 4-5 crystal, 2-3 onyx, 3 destroyer, 3 charged, 1 glacial, 1 corrupted, 2 molten.

While this is nice and all, this is the most effective way I have found to get my hands on lodestones, other than TP (because I play pretty casually, which does not involve hours per night farming sparks for lodestones or farming cof for gold for lodestones). Too bad it takes so long to get enough karma to do this. I’m slowly working toward sunrise, so I’ll probably just TP all the lodestones except for charged, then use the profits to buy more charged.

Thanks for the post OP, you convinced me to go ahead and do this, and I’m glad I did.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have even more karma than this, but for me, karma is more valuable than a bunch of RNG chests, and that’s why I’ve never spent any on things like the Orrian jewelry boxes. Maybe one day we’ll actually have something better to buy with karma, so I’ll just continue holding onto my 4-5 million for the foreseeable future.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Make 100g in an hour? Video showing you doing it or it didn’t happen.

Even the karma thing isn’t actually making 100g in an hour. The hour is just how long it took to get through drinking karma juice and opening the boxes you spent the karma on. How many hours did it take of playing to get the karma? Divide the amount of gold by the number of hours to really see how much gold per hour this gets you.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Well we don’t have any other use for karma anyways. So I don’t see why you wouldn’t want spending it on boxes.

Sure it’s random and profit varies and you tend to get more lodestones only if you open A LOT, but still some free money.

EU Aurora Glade

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Hickeroar.9734

This has gotta be a joke… 100g in an hour? 100g is a TON of gold to make in one hour.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Hickeroar.9734

Make 100g in an hour? Video showing you doing it or it didn’t happen.

Even the karma thing isn’t actually making 100g in an hour. The hour is just how long it took to get through drinking karma juice and opening the boxes you spent the karma on. How many hours did it take of playing to get the karma? Divide the amount of gold by the number of hours to really see how much gold per hour this gets you.

You can pretty much consider karma gain as passive income. Just play the game and the karma will come.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Hickeroar.9734

This boxes are crap. I buy 250 two weeks ago, after open all i get 2 lodestones (YES TWO: 1 cristal and 1 Molten, the most cheap of all lodestones), 4 mini, 1 tonic, some shards and trash. The most big waste of karma.

That’s highly irregular… Most people get FAR more than that out of the boxes.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Folks, take a peak at Elbe’s posting history. Seems a tad too ‘unintentionally’ inflammatory and confrontational to be taking him seriously right now, hmm?

And no, Tig, it’s not just wishful thinking. I provided screenshots of the lodestones I obtained from these boxes (not the ones already in my collections tab) and there are many other forum posts, videos and drop tables that show similar results. o.0

The 100g hour is inaccurate…….it completely ignores how long it took to earn the jugs, which is the major time factor.

Except I never went out with the sole intention of gaining karma. I rarely have to do something to complete my daily/monthly (they complete themselves most days), and when I do, it’s mainly for the laurels, not the karma.

Karma/jugs are a like a bonus that build up over time until pop a few silver/influence, spend an hour/the health of my joints clicking and take home a very nice little sum.

Disciple of Quag

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I must have spend close to 2m karma so far on the boxes and still not one tonic sigh.

Spend the initial karma you have without the karma booster, that saves you a bit of time.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

So I guess I got lucky buying 5 boxes the other day out of the blue and getting the mini and a glacial lodestone…This is a cool idea for making some cash though, thanks for sharing OP.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Scumbag Mawile.6384

I must have spend close to 2m karma so far on the boxes and still not one tonic sigh.

Spend the initial karma you have without the karma booster, that saves you a bit of time.

You know they’re all 10-15 silver on the TP, right? o.o

And aye, that’ll help, especially if you have a lot of karma. Well, unless you’re like me and like opening large amounts of boxes at a time. If not, buying what you can, opening them, then popping buffs and drinking everything before buying again might save you a couple silver/couple hundred influence.

Disciple of Quag

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Rouven.7409

Huh, I actually never bothered to check, are those the exotic everlasting versions?

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: darkchicken.8692

darkchicken.8692

Please message me and tell me your trick and how to make gold. I make around 2g after a dungeon run, i pve most of my day, sell my yellows and i dont even make 10g per night.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Huh, I actually never bothered to check, are those the exotic everlasting versions?

Yep! I bought a half dozen of the charged ones for my guildies.

Disciple of Quag

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Please message me and tell me your trick and how to make gold. I make around 2g after a dungeon run, i pve most of my day, sell my yellows and i dont even make 10g per night.

I’d like to know more details as well, it’s unbelievable to say the least that it’s 100 a day.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Can you throw the minis into the forge or do anything like that? I can’t imagine I have a use for more than one mini balthazar, let alone 50.

Scratch-Off Orrian Boxes

Rouven.7409

Can you throw the minis into the forge or do anything like that? I can’t imagine I have a use for more than one mini balthazar, let alone 50.

No, the good thing is that they stack lol

Thanks @ scumbag mawile