Screenshot proof how the game needs to change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

White boxes says everything about the current state of the game at least, for most servers.

Edit ~ yeah, I even missed a few >.>

Attachments:

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

Everyone is in fractals, lol.

Posted by: Pinku.5012

Pinku.5012

Lol wow, which server is that?

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

In an ideal dynamically changing world, that there would mean Arah is closed.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Yeah. They really need ascended gear to be available in places other than fractals so those who don’t like dungeons can continue the karma trains in orr if they prefer.

I wonder how long till “Heroes” will be available.

But I would say that your server is an EXTREME version of that. It most definitely is not the same on all servers. Dragonbrand for example was not that way by a longshot.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

I would counter-argue that it’s not the game’s problem, but yours, the player’s. Why aren’t you running FotM? You can’t force people to do content they don’t want to do. If the majority of players want to do dungeons, but you want to experience areas of the open world that are designed for group play, it’s tough luck for you. After people have geared up, chances are a certain percentage of players will return to where they were before. You not participating in FotM actively slows down the rate at which players acquire the new gear. This is an MMO. Stop thinking about yourself and do something for the greater good!

Although I don’t condone this line of thinking at all, it’s a valid argument and the best justification I can come up to counter your argument. This is a discussion board after all.

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

It’s not the player’s problem. It’s not that people don’t want to do Orr, it’s that most of the events are bugged, and after two to five hours of trying to open every waypoint in the entire zone, you end up fighting endlessly resetting/respawning mobs, or mobs who simply go invulnerable and stand in one place for ever… making it impossible to complete.

It was a nice try though, ASB. If there weren’t a huge number of bugs preventing progress, you’d have a great point, but this really is A-net’s fault.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Wow, this really blows. That’s all I can say.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

It is crazy that all way points can become contested bugged or not, ok a is contested i use b an run a little further but having an entire zone closed down is just crazy.

Do i run/fight across the entire zone to try and do some thing on the chance ill die and have to start all over or just log off and play some thing else

Ulfar SOR

Kumu Honua.2751

Not all the waypoints are contested. I see two just on a first glance that are not.

In the middle west of the zone as well.

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

Just a sure sign that your server is a bunch of Fractal Runners. I say come to Yaks Bend, There is usualy a handful of players doing Orr things. It is a shame that this just shows how Fractals is effecting the game in to many ways.. If you do make the switch over, if you can find the time. Do the transfer after 1am east. It took me a couple of tries but I got in the server.

Posted by: Solidor.4876

Solidor.4876

You was in an overflow at the moment of the screenshot, right?
This will explain everything.

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

No this is not an isloated case of low pop server this is common maybe not as drastic but very common to see 50-75% of the world of Tyria in a contested state. I’ve been making new characters on every server and this is the common theme.

Asglarek.8976

I would counter-argue that it’s not the game’s problem, but yours, the player’s. Why aren’t you running FotM? You can’t force people to do content they don’t want to do. If the majority of players want to do dungeons, but you want to experience areas of the open world that are designed for group play, it’s tough luck for you. After people have geared up, chances are a certain percentage of players will return to where they were before. You not participating in FotM actively slows down the rate at which players acquire the new gear. This is an MMO. Stop thinking about yourself and do something for the greater good!

Although I don’t condone this line of thinking at all, it’s a valid argument and the best justification I can come up to counter your argument. This is a discussion board after all.

Ever heard the term nudge? Its what AN did when they opened FotM well actually they herded people into it but I digress.

Kumu Honua.2751

Counter proof.

Dragonbrand. Right as I post.

Attachments:

Posted by: paelen.3821

paelen.3821

I see one open. Whats the issue?

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

So your server hates Orr? I don’t blame them…

Asglarek.8976

Counter to your counter, Jade Quarry, Anvil Rock, Kaineng,Isle of Janthir, Henge of Denravi all 50-75% contested in Orr maybe 2 Temples open out of all 5 servers and thats not even taking into consideration the leveling zones.

Denying its bad serves nobody or…

Maybe you’re one of the power creep elitest types hoping they dont release Ascended gear to karma vendors?

Kumu Honua.2751

Or you have absolutely no idea about what I think and are just trying to put your bias on my statement because you think that there is a problem where I don’t see one.

Join Dragonbrand. We apparently have people in Orr.

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Ever heard the term nudge? Its what AN did when they opened FotM well actually they herded people into it but I digress.

It’s not a digression, actually. Understanding and manipulating player behavior, herd mentality, and other psychological aspects of the human mind is important in any MMO. The tiniest advantage can cause a huge shift in what the player base values, devaluing anything else that is lacking this advantage.

What you allow or disallow, what you encourage or discourage in your game is so kitten important in an MMO.

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

The reason why this is happening is because lots of people were only ever in Orr / Cursed Shore solely to farm (especially the hardcore farmers that I used to see every single day).

FotM is a better place to farm at the moment – hence why you’re seeing this. It’s not a suprise to me at all really. It’s a brand new area of the game. Things will likely return back to normal once people are bored with Fotm.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

They really need to lower the insane damage on those orr mobs and i for one would use those maps, if not i usually ignore them, even the karma zergs don’t hold my interest anymore its too much hassle for no rewards…

Posted by: raenen.5807

raenen.5807

On Anvil Rock Orr has been bugged for least 4 days now you cant even do Arah. The event setting up Pentitent camp is stuck and they wont reset to fix it.

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

I’m on Devona’s Rest. All the waypoints in the Straits of Devastation were contested the entire time I was leveling there. Each death took me all the way back to Fort Trinity.

I’m not entirely complaining. I can tell you it felt like a genuine accomplishment when I succeeded in getting all the way across the zone to access Malchor’s Leap.

(edited by dybryd.1358)

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

Assuming the WP contested mechanic is here to stay, I’d recommend that within a map, uncontested WPs are free, and contested WPs have a cost to use. The dynamics of the game, spread out player population, and rapidly respawning mobs in Orr mean that even in the most highly populated servers there will always be contested WPs and on many servers it will be most of the WPs.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

The way is closed. It is made by the dead and the dead keep it that way

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: teviko.6049

teviko.6049

So uhm…what’s the difference before and after the patch?

I was on a high population server and this is what Orr looked like 90% of the time.

Your point?

wildcode.5403

Yaks Bend still has people active in all those areas, and alot of the time alot of the waypoints are contested, they just secure enough to keep Arah open and a temple or 2.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Arent these zones meant to appease the hardcore players? Or perhaps its just too hard for them so they went to FotM.

Players complaining about Orr and now complaining about FotM. It sounds like its either too hard for them (Orr) or too grindy (Orr & FotM)…You just cant satisfy them…sighhhhhhhhhh

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: FluffyDoe.7539

FluffyDoe.7539

Heuh.

@OP – That’s a lot of white circles bro. You sure you weren’t just circling the pretty areas with mountains?

(edited by FluffyDoe.7539)

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

You was in an overflow at the moment of the screenshot, right?
This will explain everything.

No, not an overflow server ~ our regular server

Get it taken down -

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Wow, this really blows. That’s all I can say.

It should, because its our Ehmry Bay Server..;) And you should know how bad it can get out in Orr on Ebay.

Get it taken down -

wildcode.5403

Arent these zones meant to appease the hardcore players? Or perhaps its just too hard for them so they went to FotM.

Players complaining about Orr and now complaining about FotM. It sounds like its either too hard for them (Orr) or too grindy (Orr & FotM)…You just cant satisfy them…sighhhhhhhhhh

Part of the problem with Orr is people don’t want to do some of the chains required. Arah is a good one, just because the NPC isn’t where they expect, they say its bugged and complain, but a couple of hours later, someones found the npc and begun the last parts of the chain to unlock Arah. People seem to forget, or dont realize that to successfully get Arah open, you need a successful chain from Caer to Anchorage.

(edited by wildcode.5403)

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

The main problem is many if not all the major contested events are all group based, so one single player cannot really affect or change Orr ~ I’d like to see one single person take on Balt for instance…. If all of Orr was scaled down this wouldn’t happen.

Not to mention, for people trying to get world 100% it becomes a nightmare, heck its almost impossible right now unless your server actually has a significant Orr presence.

Get it taken down -

Posted by: Logun.2349

Logun.2349

That really is sad!

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

IMO there should be more incentive from players to gather a group and win over those contested areas.

LOL heck I might make a guild and call it…

PWNAGE (Power Wielding New Age Guild of Extremists)

Or

PWNAGE (Power Wielding Noble Aristocrats Guild of Empowerment)

Their main focus is to own Orr and win over contested waypoints.

Yeah, I like the sound of that….copyright that for sure

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

(edited by Death Reincarnated.3570)

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I don’t see any white boxes.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Good way to stop people from getting map completion and going for their legendary. The only item that is impossible to get without claiming a temple is the one for Lyssa. All others can be gotten solo.

EDIT: Never mind. You can grab it from outside the barrier.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Good way to stop people from getting map completion and going for their legendary. The only item that is impossible to get without claiming a temple is the one for Lyssa. All others can be gotten solo.

You mean the Skill Point? It’s completely obtainable without owning the Temple.

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

Yeah, I’ve seen ALL the waypoints in Orr “contested” more times than you can shake a stick at. What good are they if you can only rarely use them?

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

(edited by Huck.1405)

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

They really need to lower the insane damage on those orr mobs and i for one would use those maps, if not i usually ignore them, even the karma zergs don’t hold my interest anymore its too much hassle for no rewards…

Actually Anet needs to lower the mob density. When I first set foot on Orr I did a double take. I could’ve sworn that I was playing RIFT, with RIFT’s insane mob density, again!

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

(edited by Huck.1405)

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

I would counter-argue that it’s not the game’s problem, but yours, the player’s. Why aren’t you running FotM? You can’t force people to do content they don’t want to do.<snip>

Sure you can. Just put in better loot than anywhere else and many people will do content they don’t want to do. Even over and over.

Posted by: jamasont.4653

jamasont.4653

Yeah. They really need ascended gear to be available in places other than fractals so those who don’t like dungeons can continue the karma trains in orr if they prefer.

But I would say that your server is an EXTREME version of that. It most definitely is not the same on all servers. Dragonbrand for example was not that way by a longshot.

Yes it its. Dragonbrand might have a couple that aren’t contested but Orr is pretty near deserted. Only did a few events there with less than 5 people each time till I gave up. Was kinda hoping for more since I just got lvl 80.

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

When you look at the Orr places from an overflow server, it looks like that. Go to your own server and check.

This wasn’t taken from an overflow server, this was a regular server image. Our server has generally a low population most of the time, only until recently has it improved slightly because of several WvW guilds from other servers have relocated to our server, which have raised our general rankings, but that hasn’t helped the PvE aspect of our server at all lol ~ heck even getting dungeons done has been a challenge.

FotM has done one major positive change for our server and that is LA has an overflow again, for nearly a month our servers Lions Arch was a ghost town as well.

Get it taken down -

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

They should really prepare a big nice update for this month , especially sorting out the rings and item badly implemented RNG drops. So people can actually finish this grind and start doing the old dungeons aswell. It’s getting increasingly hard to find grps for Arah , TA , etc.

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

It’s the same on Fort Aspenwood, and not just in a single map.

Posted by: Lokai.7850

Lokai.7850

Welcome to MMO’s i love the " dynamic " part of the game and its one of the core reasons i enjoyed the game. Once i saw dungeons and how they were expected to be played i just all but stopped playing.

Why? all mmo’s eventually focus on raids/dungeons and that is the core content. As someone that doesnt care for dungeons was no point in continuing to play a game i knew would focus on that. I agree with the OP though why is best gear from dungeons only?

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

And they nerfed plinx to spread us out across the map.

Fail

They moved us off the map

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: kknd.8964

kknd.8964

I am so sad that ArenaNet did this I really hope they change this bull ****, I DON’T WANT TO FARM A DUNGEON FOR MY OBSIDIAN SHARDS<