Enough hair, we need better BEARDS!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

It’s been years and years, and we’re still having the same options .
Either the thin lined dandy crap or the full Santa. For the love of Balthazar, give us some more proper BEARDS!

Thank you , please, and all that.

^^

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

I had the same request/suggestion a year or two ago, and seems like it only got looked at ’n forgotten about then presumably buried under countless other threads.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

Beards, and the ability to dye hair accessories without a freaking hair style kit o.O

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

But…. none of my female characters or my male Charr looks good in a beard.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

been asking for this for 5 years, but still no decent beards for my female human warrior

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Charr could use some more horn options, while we’re at it. But beards first, then horns. Then more norn tattoos.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Charr could use some more horn options, while we’re at it. But beards first, then horns. Then more norn tattoos.

And what do human females get? And female Asura and female Sylvari.

ANet may give it to you.

Palador.2170

Why are you excluding male asura and sylvari? As I recall, they don’t get beards, horns, or tattoos either.

The problem is that not all characters will have as many customization options. Maybe for those, they can instead give them a few more faces to pick from? The point is that more options in every category are good. Leaving a category untouched, never to add anything new to it is bad.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Why are you excluding male asura and sylvari? As I recall, they don’t get beards, horns, or tattoos either.

The problem is that not all characters will have as many customization options. Maybe for those, they can instead give them a few more faces to pick from? The point is that more options in every category are good. Leaving a category untouched, never to add anything new to it is bad.

Because they both can have beards. At least one male sylvari has a small beard and that can be extended. Male Asura don’t have beards in gw2 but several of the older Asura had a small beard in Guild Wars 1. Here is an Asura male with “muttonchops” like beard and the faces of male sylvari, one in bottom row has the small twig beard.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Palador.2170

Because they both can have beards. At least one male sylvari has a small beard and that can be extended. Male Asura don’t have beards in gw2 but several of the older Asura had a small beard in Guild Wars 1. Here is an Asura male with “muttonchops” like beard and the faces of male sylvari, one in bottom row has the small twig beard.

But in GW2, you don’t get beard options for them. Any “beard” they have is part of the face. If you want it, you have to take that face. Kinda like the makeup on some human female faces.

[Edit] By the way, I really think they should have made ears a separate option for asura, instead of them being linked to the face. More options for mix and match is better.

Just a flesh wound.3589

But in GW2, you don’t get beard options for them. Any “beard” they have is part of the face. If you want it, you have to take that face. Kinda like the makeup on some human female faces.

[Edit] By the way, I really think they should have made ears a separate option for asura, instead of them being linked to the face. More options for mix and match is better.

True. But that does not stop beard options from being made does it? They might have to remake the same faces already in game with a beard or change the programming but beards are a possibility.

At any rate, that’s why I left those two off my list above. The game says they can have beards.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

But in GW2, you don’t get beard options for them. Any “beard” they have is part of the face.

And human beards are part of which body part exactly?

Of course the growth on the images posted by JAFW are to be considered beards as well. When you have alien races in a game that don’t grow hair but do grow some sort of growth on their heads and in their faces, then that is the exact equivalent of “hair” and beards, no? (Btw, Asura do have hair growth in GW2.)

Palador.2170

And human beards are part of which body part exactly?

In the character creator they’re a separate body part, just like faces and hair. That’s kind of a vital point to the whole request behind this thread, wanting more options to mix and match together. On the races where they’re a part of the face, it comes down to just asking for more faces.

I will however admit that I had forgotten that ears ARE separate on asura. It’s been a while since I made one, and I mis-remembered that fact. So… more ear options for asura of both genders, please.

Posted by: Havok.6073

Havok.6073

And once again, the beards thread is hijacked and becomes a generic “i want more options”.
This is about beards, stay on topic?

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Beards should be a unisex option. And when Anet allows players more variety, then the next obvious step is to let us put beards on mounts!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Beard options are nice, but there are hats and helms that shave them. Along with hats that leave a character bald. >.>

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Palador.2170

And once again, the beards thread is hijacked and becomes a generic “i want more options”.
This is about beards, stay on topic?

Ah, my bad. Yes, more beards please.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Give them beard options too, screw it, if you’re going to complain go ahead. Doesn’t change that more customization would be nice.

Posted by: GamerOnline.3650

GamerOnline.3650

I just have to mention, as someone who plays asura almost exclusively:

Asura have ears instead of beards. Ears can be individually selected, regardless of face. Their qualities (tip shape, thickness and length) can be changed with sliders.

So, MORE EARS for asura and sylvari!!

More beards for male norn and humans! Give females (and males?) makeup or piercings

More horns for charr!

Ultimately, more for everyone is better.

Farm responsibly, for you are not alone. Share the love, not the hate.
Support your local environmentally friendly farmers.
Asuran Mesmer Mind Tricks: “These aren’t the golems you’re looking for.”

(edited by GamerOnline.3650)