Scribe Crafting

Scribe Crafting

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

So I’m about to craft 20 Gold Walls which, if I didn’t calculate it wrong, will take 2 hours and 10 minutes just for processing all the parts needed in the processing line.

Is 2 hours and 10 minutes really worth 20 Gold Walls? In my opinion the Scribing system needs to be revised and made less tedious.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Scribe Crafting

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

>> Make precursor stuff for worn pillar & craft
>> While the worn pillars are in assembly, craft precursor stuff for sandstone pillar
>> While sandstone pillars …
>> While golden pillars …

And if you have already everything prepared… do something else while the items are in the assembly ? You don’t have to stand next to it.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

Scribe Crafting

Posted by: Goldfox.5729

Goldfox.5729

>> Make precursor stuff for worn pillar & craft
>> While the worn pillars are in assembly, craft precursor stuff for sandstone pillar
>> While sandstone pillars …
>> While golden pillars …

And if you have already everything prepared… do something else while the items are in the assembly ? You don’t have to stand next to it.

It takes 5 minutes to complete a fully slotted Assembly Line which is 10 decorations. And the total craft is 2 hours and 10 minutes. Would you go back every 5 minutes for 2 hours and 10 minutes just to put them in the line? It’s still takes too long whether you can do something else in the meantime or not.

‘’Many have eyes, but few have seen.’’ – Scriptures of Lyssa, 45 BE

Scribe Crafting

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I don’t actually disagree with it being longer than justified, but: how quickly do you really need them out there? I usually swing past and refill the production line with whatever is waiting in our guild, maybe two or three times a day. A couple more people doing that and it’s pretty well maintained without anyone having to pop in and out.

I’d kind of rather that it just automatically started producing anything that could be produced, though.

Scribe Crafting

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

I’ll just necro this post it’s kinda the same topic, problems with scribe crafting…
I know I’ll get yelled at for necro’ing rather then creating a new, but people prolly will yell at me anyways cause it’s been said a million times b4

I seriously doubt anything is going to happen with scribing before another major update or Xpansion. Imo they know scribing is messed up in various ways and just decided rather to wait till they introduce the “new scribe stuff” in another xpack then to deal with it, then do something now?

First example, of some of the problems with scribing :
Why does a “Basic Tree” and “Potted Tree” have the exact same looks? Why not just use a basic tree for the bamboo potted recipe? i get they want to make it more complex, but have the tree look different. It’s super annoying to craft something to find out it looks the same as the cheaper model!!!

(not to mention there’s 4-5 lumber cores and only 2 trees u can craft with those. I want alpine tweeees waaaa)

2nd example (trust me there are tons more)
Rooster Staute :/ has the looks of the rare Rooster lantern and not the Exotic one with the colorful paints. Just seem like a whoopsy here, but it hasn’t been fixed so i assume , its all we are going to get.

Just a little bit more attention to detail on some of this stuff is what I hope you are doing with the next Xpack. Polish a billions times, this time before you even hint at its release. that’s my two cents thanks

or here are some other good ideas by wooden potatoes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1rtV0y7eZ4

btw…
Global cap, permissions and player ownership of objects, are then main problems with the idea of decorating and working together in the guildhall. Because of this there are lots of people that would prefer to have their own control over decorations resulting in basically personal housing. Being limited by a guild or not given permissions will make you not want to contribute, which is a huge problem in guilds.

Not everyone can have permissions because of the problems with global cap and player ownership of objects.

plus if for what ever reason u dump lots of gold into the guild and get kicked from a guild. you’re basically out all that gold vs still having your own home to decorate in with total control. Unless all your decorations come with you to your new guild, but it doesn’t work that way.

nuff said.

Attachments:

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

(edited by Kelly.7019)