Scribe decoration request,

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

Hello, as a decoration fanatic I just wanted to put in a request for a few things to be added into the decorations list.

First off, and probably the simplest to implement would be a larger variety of Tyrian non-potted trees similar to the Ascalonian tree. Would be great to have some Maguma Jungle style trees as well.

Same for smaller foliage to help decorate some of the more barren parts of Lost Precipice for example.

Lastly, the Super Adventure Box decorations were a big hit because of how large and affordable they were, as well as what you can construct with them.

It would be great to see more decorations similar to those items but perhaps with some of the varieties of Tyrian architecture such as old Ascalonian buildings or huts, floors, and perhaps even the Verdant Brink style stone stairwells. Bandit structures would be a great addition for some of the more secluded areas of Gilded Hollows.

Just a few requests that could maybe reuse pre-existing assets, (at a hopefully affordable material cost.)

Really hoping the next patch shows Guild Halls some more love and adds quite a few more decorations.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

My decoration request would be the old lions arch lion fountain I would build it

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Pact Airships. And also something from the Priory & Vigil to match the recently added [Globe of Whispers]

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

cptaylor.2670

Well you do get a zeppelin in Lost Precipice. lol But I’m sure I could park one above the hollows too if I could make one!

cptaylor.2670

I’d really love some Azura-style buildings/decorations as well.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Probably not as easy to implement, but I’d like Diving Goggles and a placable Waypoint.

As for easy stuff: Stairs! Please give us Stairs that we can place in the Guild Hall.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Signs
They don’t have to be as complex as minecraft signs, where you can just see the text on them, but at least having a sign that pops up an interact box would be cool. I’d like to customize the f prompt "so in stead of “read” I could have it say “Announcement” or “Event Schedule” or something. it would be nice if all guild banners were updated with this technology too, so you could customize the text fiel you get when you interact with a banner from the standard “please enjoy this service” to one or two lines of your choosing. it would be a better incentive to drop banners, since part of their purpose is guild advertising anyway.

Architecture
There are a good variety of columns and some wall panels, but I’d like to see floor panels and roof panels with similar styles/dimensions for the construction of buildings. it would also be great if we had access to many of the smaller buildings/tents you see in the world.

Sketchbooks!
I like the idea of the sketchbook for the collection. I think it would be cool if we could scribe blank sketchbooks and use them to collect recipies, similar to the way elite skill captures worked in GW1 after they changed it so you got a menu after you killed the boss. double click sketchbook, get a list of stuff nearby that you could sketch it in to. used sketchbooks become consumable or tradable crafting recipies! in fact, that same sketchbook design could be used to learn other crafting recipies for weapons, armor, etc as well. Make the blanks tradable, and the scribe would have a sellable product that other people could buy to sketch various things in the world and learn new weapons, armor, jewelry, etc.

Sketching would require the same crafting level as using the books, and it could be a great immersive way to do many kinds of collections as well.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

I already posted a few suggestions in another post but what I would personally love to see are the following;

Portals/Asura Gates

A portal or Asura Gate of which you have an “entry point” and an “exit point”. I simply think that this would make traversing the Guild Hall faster and much more fun. When I explored both of the Guild Halls I found a lot of nice, hidden places but they aren’t easy to get to unfortunately.

Now, it being hidden does add “value” to the places in a sense but if you decide to decorate that spot and have to travel more than 10 minutes to get there every time you enter the Guild Hall, the fun rapidly dies :/

Books/Library

Another think I always thought was quite interesting is having bookshelves similar to the ones we already have but with … actual books! You know, ones you can read! If you enter the Durman Priory you will find several books with interesting tid-bits of lore to read, wouldn’t it be simply amazing being able to build your own library with a few books telling the past living story events? This could also be an interesting way to give us shortstories (like they used to before) but ingame, instead of on the website (though it would limit the accessibility for players :/ )

Link to the other post, having quite a few suggestions there already;
Link

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

(edited by hoewhoew.4619)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I want the lion fountain from the old Lion’s Arch.

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Wintersday Reveler

Humans fund—ahem, appreciate Wintersday more than the other races do, and Lion’s Arch has a tendency to sink from time to time. Divinity’s Reach is safe and friendly!

We all know the cause of Lion’s Arch’s misfortune was the fountain!

Attachments:

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

cptaylor.2670

I already posted a few suggestions in another post but what I would personally love to see are the following;

Portals/Asura Gates

A portal or Asura Gate of which you have an “entry point” and an “exit point”. I simply think that this would make traversing the Guild Hall faster and much more fun. When I explored both of the Guild Halls I found a lot of nice, hidden places but they aren’t easy to get to unfortunately.

Now, it being hidden does add “value” to the places in a sense but if you decide to decorate that spot and have to travel more than 10 minutes to get there every time you enter the Guild Hall, the fun rapidly dies :/

Books/Library

Another think I always thought was quite interesting is having bookshelves similar to the ones we already have but with … actual books! You know, ones you can read! If you enter the Durman Priory you will find several books with interesting tid-bits of lore to read, wouldn’t it be simply amazing being able to build your own library with a few books telling the past living story events? This could also be an interesting way to give us shortstories (like they used to before) but ingame, instead of on the website (though it would limit the accessibility for players :/ )

Link to the other post, having quite a few suggestions there already;
Link

I love the idea of the portals. It might be a bit hard to implement but sounds like a great idea that could work just as well as the waypoints people were requesting.

And to the other post, yes to floor panels and ceiling panels. I tried to make a home out of gold wall panels above the gilded hollow but without having a roof or floor it kind of limits things!

I also saw another post about using bloodstone dust. It would be great if some of the surplus mats that have no value like mordrem slivers and lodestones could be used for more craftable non-potted trees, or leaf fossils that I seem to get so much of and can hardly even bother to vendor anymore. There are a lot of surplus materials that would be great added in to scribe decoration recipes for affordable decorations.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Wintersday Reveler

Humans fund—ahem, appreciate Wintersday more than the other races do, and Lion’s Arch has a tendency to sink from time to time. Divinity’s Reach is safe and friendly!

We all know the cause of Lion’s Arch’s misfortune was the fountain!

No, LA is run by pirates. The occasional bad thing happening there is just karma for the crimes.