Scribing Balancing

Scribing Balancing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Armenthos.9682

Armenthos.9682

I love what you have done with scribing, its now allowing me to make the guild look more pretty than it has done before. With that said though, there is some parts which seem to have been overlooked.

Currently, any decoration which has the word “guild” in it, like Guild Stool, or Guild Bar, requires 20 of the resonating sliver level to make it. In the example of the guild bar, you need 20 resonating lodestones…yes, 20…..which is an absurd amount, considering that’s combining 360 resonating slivers…which is a tad excess even now (let alone before the patch).

There are also a few others that have been skipped, like the gold firepit requiring 20 auric ingots. Could this amount be reduced as well as even though I’ve done a lot of AB (even got the title), I only had enough to make 2 of them. Oh, they’re also account bound, so no chance of getting any guildies to help with this.

The different god statues, each require 30 orichalum chisels…each requiring 4 cured hardened leather, which is 120 in total, incredibly expensive for anyone trying to make the statues as its not an easily droppable item.

Gilded lamp, same problem as gold firepit.

Mist dolyak – 100 badges of tribute…
Potted blue orchid – 50 rare flower seeds
Woodfire Grill – 20 Onyx Lodestones
Potted Sprouting Night Thistle – 50 Pristine Toxic Spore Samples
Summit Banners – 10 of each Superior Rune of <insert race>, yes, that’s almost 30g if you want to make the hoelbrok one!
Mist drake statue – 100 badges of tribute
Lattice planter with <insert colour flower> – 25 of that type of dye
Potted palm – 25 palm lumber cores
Square firepit – 10 onyx shards
Mist Minotaur statue – 100 badges of tribute
Potted Broad Paddlefrond – 5 coastal lumber cores
Potted Paddlefrond – 5 coastal lumber cores
Tall lattice – 9 tubs of glue
Mist rock dog statue – 100 badges of tribute
Potted Fan palm – 5 palm lumber cores

So these are all the areas where I feel the amount required to make these items, needs to be reduced in order to make scribing these lovely items a viable option, rather than no-one never being able to fully appreciate them for their guild halls.

Thanks for your hardwork,
Armenthos

Smile, it confuses people

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I do hope they cut down the steps required to craft a main item.
Some of the steps are so redundant

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: Velvetea.4275

Velvetea.4275

I have just started scribing, and I’d really like to contribute to making my guilds hall more beautifull. But the cost of some of the things I want to make is still to high compared to what I can afford. Here’s to hoping a-net will follow up on the feedback form Armenthos and making my life a bit easier.

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

Thank you for putting this list together! Here’s hoping that Anet takes this seriously and reduces some of the costs.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: Rin of Rivvinda.4971

Rin of Rivvinda.4971

It’s already a lot better since the patch. See
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/New-scribe-guide-post-spring-patch/first#post6120506
For post patch scribe info and guide.
About the upgraded sliver requirements for the items you mentioned, I think it’s intended as these are the only things left that require the upgraded versions. Without these now so without then all the resonating sliver upgrading would be obsolete. Also with the increase in resonating sliver drop rate and massive reduction needed for other things slivers are really cheap now so I think it’s fine and working as intended

Vin Lady Venture, of The Rising Falcons [RiFa]
member of the Fissure of Woe (FoW) community

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

I think its fine as it is now.

It’s necessary to have some selection of decorations at a high price point for scribing to have longevity.

The problem with the old costs was that literally everything rested at an absurd price point. The way it works now, there are a handful of top tier set pieces that are expensive, but the vast majority of items are quite affordable.

The new costs allow people a lot of freedom in how they decorate, but there are still “luxury items” that retain high costs on purpose. It’s important to have those items as otherwise there’s not a lot of incentive to continue to scribe, and no emotional sense of payoff for upgrading from “cool decorations” to “my guild hall smells of rich mahogany”

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Scribing Balancing

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I dunno, I understand the high prices for some of them, but some are nested and thus I feel very discouraged making any of those. THe problem mostly being losign the previous to upgrade to the next paying triple the costs, if you’re lucky.

I think most plants and flags fall into a category that I’m saying. I don’t ever make these, they are really expensive and don’t provide me with a significantly nice decoration that stands out against the rest.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik