Sea of Sorrows Server

Sea of Sorrows Server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tsukagi.8169

Tsukagi.8169

Hello all!

There doesn’t seem to be any other forum to ask this question so here goes!

How is Sea of Sorrows for WvWvW? From looking at the ranking website it looks pretty great! I have guested on this server all day and have noticed there are always players running around in PvE as well. I am currently on Maguuna which is less than impressive in either aspect. How is guild activity? It has been a headache finding a decent guild with more than 5 players on at a time here…

Is SoS worth transferring to? Transfers are pretty pricey, so just wanted to make sure this is a good choice

Maguuma
Representing – Decimatin (DECM)
Elementalist main

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Blix.6035

Blix.6035

was great until paid transfers started…our major guilds left prior to the change and now we are nowhere near as good….someone correct me if im wrong here.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

We’re still in Tier 1, we didn’t have many losses but Jade Quarry gained a lot hence they are the top server now. We are competitive for places 2 and 3 in T1 with SOR currently and Blackgate and maybe Kaineng in the future. There’s plenty of WvW guilds to join.

In terms of PvE there’s always a lot of activity in Orr with the temples being opened frequently and always a group at the dragon events.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

We are now getting slaughtered because people jumped ship, why they jumped ship no one knows i guess they were all server hoppers…

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

SoS is probably going to drop down to tier 2. JQ is the current powerhouse now.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Tier 1, but that’s iffy. Several guilds left to prove a point they were what made SoS great (and failed for months to prove it), couple of other guilds also joined JQ making it harder for us to maintain a constant grip, several great commanders have just disappeared, the opposing teams working together whenever we get a leg up. Paid transfers helped a little, preventing people from jumping realms and jacking supplies and directing their main realms on what we’re doing.

It remains to be seen if we’ll pull out of the funk or not.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Tsukagi.8169

Thanks for the information guys…looks like it won’t be such an easy decision!

Maguuma
Elementalist main

Sea of Sorrows Server

Tsukagi.8169

Here’s another question…how can I buy just 1800 gems? It goes 800, 1600 etc…but doesnt let me go straight to 1800…Or am I missing something?

Maguuma
Elementalist main

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

^
My guess you cant. Most companies when charging you a price like 1800 love to make it (I’m looking at you microsoft! >:O) so you can only buy 1600 thus making you pay for 800 more so you can get it.

I reccomend spending some ingame gold on the extra 200 to save you the 10 extra dollars.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: buki.3108

buki.3108

Nope, that’s their way of stealing your money… just like Microsoft and the Live points -.- Card for 800 or 1600 points… Game cost 801 points.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Nope, that’s their way of stealing your money… just like Microsoft and the Live points -.- Card for 800 or 1600 points… Game cost 801 points.

Except that at least hear, if you have no use for gems you can sell them for in game gold. Not a perfect solution, maybe but at least you’re not stuck with gems you’re not going to use.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Also transfer cost is for transferring characters. If you rather save money and willing to delete all your characters, transferring is free. I suppose it is possible to liquidate or put all your assets into the bank since bank is account based and not character based.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Tsukagi.8169

I hate crap like that…thanks guys

Maguuma
Elementalist main

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

We are now getting slaughtered because people jumped ship, why they jumped ship no one knows i guess they were all server hoppers…

Got to hate it when all the talent just up-and-leaves the rest to fend for themselves!

Love eeeeeeeeeet!

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Orb.1702

Orb.1702

Why are u even considering a t1 server? All WvW is in t1 is following a zerg and hiding behind walls and trebing.

I Orb Mine I Human Thief I FA I [Hope]

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

This will go in cycles.

For oceanic/SEA times SoS is a powerhouse of activity. NA times are also super active in PvE and pretty good for WvW, it’s just that a lot of the organised NA WvW guilds have wandered off. But that’s just a cycle.
SoS may slip to tier 2 for a while but if that happens that’ll just flick the cycle again where guilds will transfer back and SoS will be T1 steady again.

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Okay i will explain it to you,

Sea of Sorrows is definintly in the top 3 NA servers at the moment, so no the server isn’t dying right now we have a very large PVE community and a rebuilding WvW force with a tight knit community. Unlike some of the other servers we have alot of smaller WvW guilds coming togethor as one rather then 10-20 powerhouse guilds cough JQ. We currently hold somewhere around 30-50% of the Australian players in Guild Wars 2 many of them doing PVE. I would recommend SoS because we cater to PVE players heavily we aren’t going downhill currently places second in tier 1 and we we do need some extra players to compete with JQ.

check out our community website and teamspeak if you want to know more.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

By the way if you want i can throw you an invite to Team Shatter we boast over 400 active players and are looking for dedicated members during the NA timeslot.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

Sea of Sorrows Server

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

It was free transfers previously so when SoS started winning lots of games it also recruited the ‘instant win kids’.
Now that JQ is doing well and free transfers have stopped the instant win kids are upset because they have to use gems to transfer or stop playing altogether. It’s meant that a portion of the SoS population has imploded (just read some of the rants on the forums).

Having said that SoS is not in serious trouble. It was always the unofficial oceanic server so those guys are happy and because of paid transfers, many big guilds will stay. In the end SoS may not be no. 1, but they will still be strong. It will just take a month or so for the dust to settle.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”