Sea of Sorrows came in the mail!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Just got Sea of Sorrows in the mail!!! Here is what is said on the back of the book:

DEATH SAILS THE SEAS . . .

The lost kingdom of Orr lies beneath the ocean waves, an entire civilization swallowed by an ancient cataclysm. For centuries, it has lain dormant in the depths, its ancient secrets lost.

Until now.

The Elder Dragon Zhaitan has risen. In its wake, the drowned kingdom of Orr is reborn—and another is destroyed. The city of Lion’s Arch, for generations a cornerstone of civilization in Tyria, is brutally swept beneath the waves, leaving nothing but ruins. Among the survivors is Cobiah Marriner, a human sailor shipwrecked by the tsunami and stranded at sea. When he is rescued by a ferocious charr, Cobiah knows that he’s been plunged into a world forever changed.

Now, Zhaitan’s undead servants dominate the sea, destroying port after port and slaughtering anything in their path. In the midst of ruin, Cobiah vows to see Lion’s Arch rebuilt. Amid the storm of the dragon’s rising, Cobiah must become a hero to his crew and an admiral to the pirate fleet, and face the ghosts of his past. Only then will he master the Sea of Sorrows and crush the armada of Orr.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Grats! It had been so long since the book was announced that I was worried they canceled it.

There can never be too much GW lore.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Got mine today too. Saving it for when I get stuck in the hospital for a good month soon and can’t play GW2 so It’ll be an interesting read.

Really enjoy the lore books and hope there are more in the future.

Posted by: God Of Fissures.8627

God Of Fissures.8627

Without trying to spoil anything, we learn about Cobiah Marriner, Polla (the doll item people are freaking out about) and the girl who owned it (Biviane). Biviane is Cobiah’s sister btw and they lived in Lion’s Arch during the time of Zhaitan rising from Orr.

So we get to understand the story behind the doll and Biviane’s death as well as the flooding of LA.

i7-3770K (Delidded) @ 4.6GHz | nVidia GTX TITAN X@ 1468/7800
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz @ 2400MHz
Samsung 840 PRO 512GB SSD | Windows 10 x64