Season 1 recap

Season 1 recap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Makkay’s VO is played client side, so every player will hear the right lines regardless of how many people are interacting with her. Also, all her lines are logged to chat so you can read it afterward. It’s new tech that we plan on using more often in the future.

Noticed that playing with my friend, it’s freaking awesome.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Season 1 recap

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I finally got to see it last night.
It was just as awesome as I thought it would be!
Great job!!

Also, the chest was pretty cool….but don’t open Scarlet’s gift…. ;P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Season 1 recap

Posted by: Nox Lucis.8341

Nox Lucis.8341

There exists consumer demand for a replayable Season 1. ArenaNet is aware of this. In time, there will be a replayable Season 1 (for money).

Season 1 recap

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I finally got to see it last night.
It was just as awesome as I thought it would be!
Great job!!

Also, the chest was pretty cool….but don’t open Scarlet’s gift…. ;P

I really enjoyed the recap, of course, looking forward to replayable, but this was a good way to bridge the gap for people that can’t play it in the mean time.

I opened it. I forgot. It was a box. It was shiny.

Season 1 recap

Posted by: GlitchyBat.3682

GlitchyBat.3682

I’ve not seen the cinematic but was surprised to see the letter from Anet when I turned off achievement hunting in season 2.
Curious, if Bobby’s around still, have you guys figured out how you’ll be distributing season 1 to both old and new players? I’d imagine it’s still going to be a while until the instancing becomes a priority. While I’d be okay gold→gemming as someone who started playing mid-season 2, it’d probably be fair to give players dating back to season 1 the episodes for free.

[OWLS] Priory Elder Dragon Research Team
[EDS] Elder Dragon Sympathizers

Season 1 recap

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

GW old map;) thanks.
I would also say, that vision wasn’t so spoiler.
That part of vision =/= omad’ machine cinematic:
We don’t see actual place of machine nor that is was thanks of any device.
Imo it was in good place and bigger spoiler is bringing there and there that it is cinematic from 2nd chapter of ls2.

Season 1 recap

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

The one thing I consider a flaw in the recap provided is the character that dealt the final blow towards Scarlet. By default, it seems that the Pact Commander portrayed here is a Norn female. Can be quite contradictory to those who do not main a norn female. Still, this moment was just a couple of seconds, but still, it’s just a flaw I thought I should point out.

Malkavian makes a good point. I’d suggest showing the character, but on the other hand, that might be confusing for players seeing themselves doing something that they haven’t done…

A good compromise might be “A Pact Commander…” instead of “The Pact Commander.” However, if the cinematic can check the player’s achievements, it can then put in the player’s character if the account has the In A Cage Made Of Steel And Lunacy achievement, and shows their character if they do.

Surprised Stein didn’t mention this, but Anet used footage from their youtube-released videos. This results in the cinematics being static and pre-rendered thus unable to be changed based on in-game character viewing.

They probably could have done something different, but I don’t think such would be truly feasible as to have that cinematic real-time would require sending the camera to other maps or to a single new map which features each scene, but with each scene change there’d be the props loading in resulting in… barren landscapes with sounds happening except on the better computers that can load stuff in quickly.

It’s something that I’ve noticed happens a lot in games like Dragon Age. It’s done for the sake of prop loading on computers, to make the cinematic more fluid, but it comes at the cost of being unable to change anything in said cinematic.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Season 1 recap

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

There was a story, but that didn’t showed what scarlet saw into the eternal alchemy. I tonly saw he got into omadd machine, and got out of there crazy.

So what? No seriously look at what he said: he said the machine (not the alchemy, not what she saw) didn’t appear during S1. This is false as I pointed….
Also moving the goal post.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeswYJgf5mM

Short Story: What Scarlet Saw — This simply tells readers that she saw something, just like the quote that went with the section. But including the actual cinematic that brought a lot of excitement/speculation to the community when it was released seems like a completely unnecessary spoiler just thrown into the recap.

Call it a preview then.

The short story’s depiction is nothing like the cinematic from The Machine

Which still remains irrespective of the point I made though. How the short story depicts the vision is not the point, the existence of the machine during a particular period is.

Makkay’s VO is played client side, so every player will hear the right lines regardless of how many people are interacting with her. Also, all her lines are logged to chat so you can read it afterward. It’s new tech that we plan on using more often in the future.

Any chance of retro-actively adding this to the current content?

Season 1 recap

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Cure, I think you’re misunderstanding what others are saying is the issue.

The issue isn’t ‘she went into a machine’ or that we’re told the machine exists. The issue is ’we’re seeing what she saw, which was kept unknown/“mysterious” until Season 2’.

When people say The Machine didn’t appear in S1, they’re referring to the cinematic from the Season 2 story step titled The Machine, not about Omadd’s machine that Scarlet was put in.

No one is “moving the goal post” except you.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.